MLB Offseason Thread 2010-11

Phightins

I Theriot think he will play 2B against LHP and SS against RHP. Ryan is the one of the best in the league with the Glove, but he can't hit his weight. Theriot can also play 3B so it should be interesting.

Theriot can't really hit either, although I guess he has slightly more offensive upside than Ryan.

Edited by Phightins

Theriot actually hits good and play nice defense. Dunno wtf u guys are talkin about.

Lolz...his career OPS is barely .700 (and has been steadily declining every year of his career).

Can he bunt then haha? Ryan is a terrible bunter...

It's surprising to me that you are asking a Phillies fan about Theriot, meanwhile you are Cardinals fan and Theriot was a Cub...I don't think I'd be asking Brewers fans about Pedro Feliz, but that's just me...

It's surprising to me that you are asking a Phillies fan about Theriot, meanwhile you are Cardinals fan and Theriot was a Cub...I don't think I'd be asking Brewers fans about Pedro Feliz, but that's just me...

I only get to watch the Cubs a few times a season. I've never seen him bunt against the Cardinals.

They have always kinda been like this, it's just not too noticeable since they have a somewhat limited budget. Denny Neagle, Todd Helton, Mike Hampton, now Tulo, etc. I doubt they will be paying Berkman much though.

Edited by Phightins

Actually don't think the Berkman-to-Rockies thing is official yet. Troy Renck jumped the gun by reporting it yesterday.

Anyway, today is non-tender day. Perhaps the biggest day of the Phillies offseason.

Dunn to White Sox.

Dunn was FA? Or is that a trade? Either way nice acquisition by the Sox. Dunn, I believe, is one of the most under rated players in the league, always posts a good consistant OBP and OPS while providing excellent power numbers.

He was a free agent. There was a lot of talk about the White Sox wanting him at the trade deadline, so now they finally get him. The interesting part is that he supposedly does not want to DH, and the White Sox are also supposedly intent on bringing back Paul Konerko.

He was a free agent. There was a lot of talk about the White Sox wanting him at the trade deadline, so now they finally get him. The interesting part is that he supposedly does not want to DH, and the White Sox are also supposedly intent on bringing back Paul Konerko.

He'll DH. He only used the DH thing to get more money out of AL teams.

Genius negotiating.

Brewers should trade Fielder to the White Sox for Gavin Floyd and another spec. White Sox would have a very good lineup then. Let Konerko go elsewhere.

How does that make sense for the Brewers? Fielder is not even in his prime and is already one of the best power hitters in MLB. Floyd is as inconsistent as they come. I understand the Brewers need pitching, but you can't tell me they are that desperate.

Fielder is actually YOUNGER than Floyd...