MLB Offseason Thread 2010-11

Phightins

Yankees offered Jeter 3 for 63, Jeter said no... He wants four years.

Dude needs to realize he's worth 3 for 21, tops, on the open market... He's getting triple that...

As a "captain" he needs to realize how crippling his 3 year contract will be, the fourth year of a contract would be an absolute nightmare.

I'd love to see him in a Red Sox jersey, I hope the Red Sox offer him like 4 years 110 million just to see what the Yankees would do.

I'd love to see him in a Red Sox jersey, I hope the Red Sox offer him like 4 years 110 million just to see what the Yankees would do.

They would let him sign there and laugh at the Red Sox when they are crippled by the .600 OPS making $27.5M annually.

They would let him sign there and laugh at the Red Sox when they are crippled by the .600 OPS making $27.5M annually.

That would be awesome IMO, I hate the Red Sox so I'd love to see them over pay Jeter to try to get at the Yankees.

Some newspaper in Venezuela is reporting that Felix Hernandez wins AL Cy Young. Won't be official for 5 more minutes.

This is now official. And it is fantastic. The writers with a vote have finally stopped giving the "wins" statistic credibility. The best pitcher won.

Yankees traded Miranda for 19-year old pitching prospect Scott Allen. Not a huge prospect at the moment, but he has good upside for his age. When I saw the news, the first things I saw were "Yankees complete trade with Arizona," and thought we brought over Upton. Bombers also signed 19-year-old Dominican RHP Rafael DePaula, who was suspended for all of 2009 for identity fraud.

There are conflicting reports. One report said the Yankees offered Jeets 3/$45, another 3/$63. He is likely still asking for four to six years.

As for the pitching coach hire, I am not very familiar with Rothschild, but you can guess that it was Girardi's selection. When I saw that he was on the Cubs' staff from '02-'10, I wondered whether he had any effect on Prior's health issues, but from what I've read, Baker was the one who really pushed him, and Rothschild wasn't the only coach who figured that his mechanics were fine. After the Joba Rules, I'm just concerned about how Girardi and Rothschild handle some of the big names making their way through our minor-league system. The one thing that has been noted about him is his influence on the K totals for Chicago.

Highlights from Rothschild's Press Conference

Yankee fans: proceed with caution.

http://nbchardballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/jeter-red-sox1.jpg?w=320

Would make a great story if Jeter killed the Sox payroll, haha.

Cano got 0 first place votes, but Bautista got one. Sorry, maybe I'm a homer, but that's laughable.

I think you're just a homer...:) 54 homeruns deserves at least on MVP vote, not to mention his .995 ops to his .914 ops...and the fact Bautista had 15 more rbi's

I think you're just a homer...:) 54 homeruns deserves at least on MVP vote, not to mention his .995 ops to his .914 ops...and the fact Bautista had 15 more rbi's

Ugh c'mon Fish you were doing SO well until you brought up RBIs.