Philadelphia Phillies 2011

Phightins

Some 'rivalry' eh?

I think I only saw 4 Mets fans all night. Including the one who ran onto the field. Nothing like 5 years ago.

But FYI, that pic was in the 9th inning, 4th game of the season, Phillies down big, and a 30 degree temperature. Not surprising at all that it emptied out.

Edited by Phightins

Joe Savery (first round pick from '07), former pitcher in the process of getting Rick Ankiel'd, is 10 for 12 to start the season in high-A. Unreal.

Edited by Phightins

Philly fans, how would you guys rate Danys Baez's performance so far this season? His stats look terrific and I saw he got the W on opening day and is yet to allow an earned run. He's a close family friend of mine so its always great to see him do well.

Philly fans, how would you guys rate Danys Baez's performance so far this season? His stats look terrific and I saw he got the W on opening day and is yet to allow an earned run. He's a close family friend of mine so its always great to see him do well.

Despite the tiny sample size, I have been impressed. Which is huge, since we lost Chad Durbin, and the front office seems reluctant to start the service clocks on Michael Stutes/Justin DeFratus/Michael Schwimer. So, if Baez can have a solid season, it would be completely fantastic. We need somebody like him to step up.

Gah, the asshole Phillie fans in DC booing Werth are embarrassing.

Amazes me how little perspective these folks have. The Phillies paid him a little more than $12 million over 4 years, and got (arguably--rough estimate) $50 million of value. Be just a little bit grateful.

Similarly, I'd like to see these people say with a straight face that they'd turn their backs on $35 million (or whatever the difference between the Nationals and Phillies offers were).

I need to hear one good reason as to why Kyle Kendrick is on a Major League roster.

But apparently he is worth $2 million. Yet we couldn't afford to give Chad Durbin $700K. Huh.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Halladay 60 career complete games - over the time period it took him to get to 60 only 24 MLB teams even had 60 complete games pitched for them, amazing...

Yes

On a similar note, Dane Sardinha is catching tonight. He has caught Doc 4 times previously, and all 4 were complete game shutouts...

Stuff like this fascinates me.

Edited by Phightins

Utley and Brown need to come back, and Ibanez needs to lose a significant amount of the at-bats he currently gets. These three things happening will make the offense immediately better.

Chase Utley begins his formal rehab assignment tonight after raking in extended spring training the past few days. May be back in a week or less. It will certainly be nice to go from absolutely no production out of 2B to some of the best 2B production in the league.

Also, Dom Brown needs to be re-called from AAA. Raul Ibanez is out of gas. Not sure what the hold-up is.

Stutes and Bastardo manned up tonight. I love it. For as much shit as the Phillies bullpen has taken this season (for some reason I can't really fathom), I really like how it is shaping up. Even nicer when Contreras gets back. I just pray Charlie doesn't let Lidge automatically get the 9th inning back just because it is "his guy".

Ruben Amaro's to-do list:

1) Call up Domonic Brown

2) Enroll Charlie Manuel in "Bullpen Management 101"

3) Remove Kyle Kendrick and Danys Baez from the 25 man roster

Ruben Amaro's Brian Cashman's to-do list:

1) Call up Domonic Brown a viable DH (a.k.a. Jorge Vazquez) to give Posada a couple days off in between starts.

2) Enroll Charlie Manuel Joe Girardi in "Bullpen Management 101"

Fixed.

Edited by Brooklyn Bound