Philadelphia Phillies 2011

Phightins

Oswalt activated, Worley optioned to AAA. What the [expletive].

Well, I guess it's good that Worley will get regular starts, but he's been very valuable in the Majors this season as a swing man. Just frustrating that Worley gets sent down while Kendrick and Baez remain on the roster.

As of right now, I feel like the lineup should be...

Rollins

Polanco

Utley

Howard

Mayberry LF

Brown RF

Victorino

Ruiz

Obviously pending Utley and Victorino getting fully healthy/rehabbed. But Ben Francisco has pretty much shown his bat can't be in the lineup every day. Nothing more than a 4th outfielder. The same may be the case with John Mayberry, but I have liked his approach so far this season much more than Ibanez's/Francisco's. And it's time to stop screwing around with Brown. .341/.431/.537 in AAA right now (compared to Ibanez - .225/.281/.338 and Francisco - .218/.327/.346). Not to mention, that outfield (J-Berry/Vic/Brown) would be nasty. Not sure any balls would drop in. Three guys with the range of CFs and cannons for arms.

Ah, too bad this is just a pipe dream. Charlie is way too loyal to "his guys".

Chase Utley activated, Pete Orr optioned to Lehigh Valley. Also, Joe Blanton to DL, Vance Worley recalled, will start Tuesday.

Thank goodness.

Wilson Valdez's WAR as a pitcher is 0.7 wins higher than his WAR as a position player this season.

Reason #56049303039 why baseball is awesome.

Apparently the Phillies are interested in Hunter Pence. Not sure how legit the rumor is but I've seen it mentioned several times in the past week.

Apparently the Phillies are interested in Hunter Pence. Not sure how legit the rumor is but I've seen it mentioned several times in the past week.

I have seen this mentioned in a few places, but I think it's mostly just speculation/a pipe dream for Phillies fans. Well, it does make a bit of sense. The Phillies probably need another (preferably right handed) bat in the outfield and Ruben Amaro never stands pat when he has a clear need (but I kind of suspect that this time he will look for a less expensive option...we'll see). Also Pence is starting to get too expensive for the Astros, especially considering they are going into a full blown rebuild. Plus the Phillies have been ripping Ed Wade off left and right ever since he took the Astros job, so maybe they will give it another shot.

Somebody with ESPN actually suggested that the Phillies would trade Domonic Brown and Jarred Cosart for Pence, which is pretty ridiculous haha. I would love to get Pence, but not for nearly that price. We'll see though.

But while we are on the topic, a lineup of Rollins Utley Polanco Howard Pence Brown Victoriono Ruiz makes me sooooo hard.

Edited by Phightins

[expletive]ing annoying game. Laynce Nix makes a dumb decision, gets lucky, and saves 3 runs. Difference in the game.

And Charlie, wake the [expletive] up. I love you and all, but your handling of Dom Brown/the bullpen has been horrendously bad. Costing us a lot of games.

Victorino activated, Mayberry optioned. I see the logic (kind of), but it's pretty perplexing. I guess Michael Martinez is going nowhere because of his rule 5 status, but lets get real. Mayberry gets sent down in favor of a 28 year old rule 5 guy with a .416 OPS? Pretty odd.

Runner on 3rd, Dom Brown hits a bullet up the middle. Hits the umpire, so it's a dead ball, no run scores. Then Wilson Valdez grounds into a double play. Yeah, that happened. Unreal.

Runner on 3rd, Dom Brown hits a bullet up the middle. Hits the umpire, so it's a dead ball, no run scores. Then Wilson Valdez grounds into a double play. Yeah, that happened. Unreal.

Reason #188004743279075097509 why I love baseball :glasses:

Edited by fish7718

Reason #188004743279075097509 why I love baseball :glasses:

Haha I agree. If the Phillies weren't involved I'd be totally fascinated. Well, I am still fascinated, but slightly annoyed also.

All of the baseball games I have seen in my lifetime, hard to believe there are still games where I see things I've never seen before.

Drafted Larry Greene Jr. at 39. Most raw power of any high school bat in the draft, supposedly. Just watched some video and I was turned on. I was kind of hoping for Jackie Bradley Jr, but I am not complaining at all about Greene. They shouldn't have to pay much over slot to get him signed either.

Down to the 3 aces, I am afraid to say. I am very concerned with Roy Oswalt. Not sure what the deal is, but his velocity/swing and miss rate is way down. Finally caught up with him last night.