Philadelphia Phillies 2011

Phightins

I feel like everytime I come into this thread Mathieson is DFA

This is the first time he has been DFAd. He has been optioned/recalled more times than I can count though.

However, this was apparently some weird technical issue regarding his contract. He has since been re-instated to the 40-man. Very odd. Too technical for me.

Charlie Manuel will probably (definitely) go down as the greatest manager in Phillies history. I am fine with this...he does many things well, beginning with "managing personalities", blah blah blah. He is very lovable...I love and respect the guy. However, his pitching management is TERRIBLE. Fortunately, there is so much talent on this pitching staff from the very top to the very bottom, so he gets bailed out frequently. But I am just very concerned that this will cost the team at some point.

My main point of frustration at this point is that Michael Schwimer has been on the active roster for 4 games now, and has yet to make an appearance, despite many opportunities to get him in. Come on Charlie!! Who cares how young he is, he has more talent than anybody in that bullpen that isn't named Madson or Bastardo. At least give him a look.

Also, while I am on this rant, I can't wait to see next year's bullpen. Schwimer-Stutes-Bastardo-De Fratus-Aumont-Herndon. So much potential. Plus we will get a nice compensation pick from whoever overpays for Madson.

Charlie Manuel will probably (definitely) go down as the greatest manager in Phillies history. I am fine with this...he does many things well, beginning with "managing personalities", blah blah blah. He is very lovable...I love and respect the guy. However, his pitching management is TERRIBLE.

Change a few words around and this is exactly Joe Torre and the Yanks.

The Phillies now have 29 games in 28 days in September. Thanks Irene!!!

And 32 games in 31 days to close the season in all. Sunday will be the final off day of the regular season. Nuts.

The John Bowker trade is interesting. If he can show anything at all in September, have to think Ross Gload is out. And assuming they go with ten (or even nine?) pitchers in the postseason, there should still be room for Dom Brown on the roster.

With Reading and Lehigh Valley in the playoffs, the Phillies have yet to make any call-ups. Hate to say it, but I am rooting for early exits for both teams. We need the bodies right now. No more off days and two double headers left on the schedule (and the potential for more...more bad weather approaching).

Not to mention, it would be wise to start getting guys regular rest anyway, since you know, the Phillies are a 99.9% lock to make the playoffs and all...

With Reading and Lehigh Valley in the playoffs, the Phillies have yet to make any call-ups. Hate to say it, but I am rooting for early exits for both teams. We need the bodies right now. No more off days and two double headers left on the schedule (and the potential for more...more bad weather approaching).

Not to mention, it would be wise to start getting guys regular rest anyway, since you know, the Phillies are a 99.9% lock to make the playoffs and all...

And sure enough, on September 4th the Phillies wind up in extra innings, out of bench players and out of relievers. This should not happen.

lol gotta love sarge "I can tell in that particular instance by the way the ball was going and where his glove was he wasn't going to catch the ball" lol what?

And the sad thing is that he is the most coherent of the three TV guys.

One thing the Mets have that I wish the Phillies have is good TV broadcasters....

The offense rolling again is nice and all, but the only thing worth noting from this game is that Antonio Bastardo is still a mess. Have to get him straightened out by next week. Only pressing issue for this final series.