General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Details? :(

We are leaving from the Philly area around 6 AM, aiming to get up to Boston around 12 PM and drink our faces off until the game. Are you 21?

We'd probably travel through NY for a while, but have no idea how far deviated off track we'd have to go if you needed us to pick you up (or would you plan to drive yourself?)

We are leaving from the Philly area around 6 AM, aiming to get up to Boston around 12 PM and drink our faces off until the game. Are you 21?

We'd probably travel through NY for a while, but have no idea how far deviated off track we'd have to go if you needed us to pick you up (or would you plan to drive yourself?)

I would find a place in NY that would be on the way, I'm not 21...of course that doesn't mean im opposed to drinking haha.

Edited by fish7718

No offense to Cobb, but I am absolutely stunned by the lack of a crowd in Atlanta today. I seem to remember the Marlins drawing significantly better crowds when they were in the playoff race back in '03.

No offense to Cobb, but I am absolutely stunned by the lack of a crowd in Atlanta today. I seem to remember the Marlins drawing significantly better crowds when they were in the playoff race back in '03.

It's normal. No one will show up unless like the Phillies or Giants are in town. But, for whatever reason, when the playoffs begin everyone and their mothers begin to show up.

My god Mike Stanton...

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19402233&partnerId=aw-6052390303043267564-1031

Feels like I am posting one of these every week.

u like big hr's vs the NL East dont you?

....:o...just when he makes contact you know that shit is going to go a mile but my god, he just put it in the upper ring, 15 ROWS BACK lol, holy shit man, I've seen righties hit out to the pepsi porch,,,but this is willy mo pena power :lol:

John Lackey is reportedly divorcing his wife, who is currently battling cancer. I personally don't care at all about the personal lives of athletes, and I also don't want to judgment about Lackey since I do not know the details. But the media will certainly have a field day with this...

Get ready to hear non-stop Red Sox on ESPN over the next week, whether they make the playoffs or not.

John Lackey is reportedly divorcing his wife, who is currently battling cancer. I personally don't care at all about the personal lives of athletes, and I also don't want to judgment about Lackey since I do not know the details. But the media will certainly have a field day with this...

Get ready to hear non-stop Red Sox on ESPN over the next week, whether they make the playoffs or not.

I had the link of the New York douche-bag from a few days ago that served Lackey with the divorce papers before the game intentionally, and was bragging about it on his Twitter, but I can't find the link right now.

Typical New York scum. :rolleyes: .

Also, where are you reading that Lackey is the one divorcing his wife, and not her divorcing him? Everything I've seen says that his wife is the one serving him with the papers, like I said in the first paragraph.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I had the link of the New York douche-bag from a few days ago that served Lackey with the divorce papers before the game intentionally, and was bragging about it on his Twitter, but I can't find the link right now.

Typical New York scum. :rolleyes: .

The Yankees fan served Erik Bedard with papers related to child support, and was talking about it on his facebook.

He did his job and served a player making millions with child support papers on behalf of his client. On the subject of typical scum, how about the guy who isn't taking care of his kids?

Edited by illwill21

Boston Red Sox pitcher John Lackey has filed to divorce his wife, Krista ... who is in the middle of battling breast cancer.

Lackey filed on August 30, according to court docs in Texas, claiming "the marriage has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities." Krista and John got married in November, 2008.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Krista underwent a double mastectomy back in March and underwent chemo as recently as June.

The divorce petition says John and Krista had a prenup. It also says Lackey has "separate property" he wants to keep for himself.

Lackey filed the divorce papers using only his and Krista's initials -- a tactic Tony Parker and Eva Longoria ... and Sandra Bullock and Jesse James also used in their Texas divorces.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/26/john-lackey-divorce-boston-red-sox-krista-lackey-breast-cancer-playoffs-wild-card/#.ToCqrtTaF8E

The Yankees fan served Erik Bedard with papers related to child support, and was talking about it on his facebook.

He did his job and served a player making millions with child support papers on behalf of his client. On the subject of typical scum, how about the guy who isn't taking care of his kids?

That's right, I mixed them up. I don't know why I was thinking Lackey.

In regards to Bedard, that's a stupid case. The bitch wants more money because he's making more money now. Child support laws in this country are completely messed up, and it has nothing to do with him being on the Red Sox. Scum would be a stupid bitch trying to gold dig, and I was obviously being sarcastic with that comment.