General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Putting Bedard being a Red Sox player aside for a minute, so you think this is right?

"According to multiple media reports, the legal papers were requesting an increase in child support for Bedard's 5-year-old daughter. His one-time partner, Courtney Roberts, filed a complaint in Suffolk Probate and Family Court on Tuesday asking for an adjustment to the original paternity agreement from 2006 because Bedard's salary has increased. ".

Putting Bedard being a Red Sox player aside for a minute, so you think this is right?

"According to multiple media reports, the legal papers were requesting an increase in child support for Bedard's 5-year-old daughter. His one-time partner, Courtney Roberts, filed a complaint in Suffolk Probate and Family Court on Tuesday asking for an adjustment to the original paternity agreement from 2006 because Bedard's salary has increased. ".

I honestly can't objectively answer yes or no. I would never have a situation where I'm forced to pay child support. If I was making millions, I'd want my kid to have everything in the world.

I honestly can't objectively answer yes or no. I would never have a situation where I'm forced to pay child support. If I was making millions, I'd want my kid to have everything in the world.

An honest answer....who would have thought? :glasses: .

Anyways, I don't know the entire situation, and I would want my kid to be well off, but I think it's dumb that they had an agreement then, and just because he's making more money now, the gold digging bitch wants more money. It's the principle of it that pisses me off.

Adam Dunn is going to become the 2nd everyday player in MLB history (I think at least) to finish the season with a lower batting average (currently .160) than total strikeouts (currently 174). Well worth the $12M he is making this season just for the hilarity factor alone.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Ken Rosenthal is reporting that the Red Sox are considering trading for Bruce Chen to pitch in the potential one-game playoff tomorrow (he cleared waivers so he can be had). This has the potential to be hilarious on multiple levels. Chen is scheduled to pitch for the Royals tonight, so any trade would need to be completed at some point this afternoon, before the Red Sox and Rays play their games. Chen is a free agent after this season. Chen is also ineligible to pitch in the postseason since he'd be acquired after September 1st. So, essentially, the Red Sox could be giving up something of value for a dude who may never throw a pitch for them.

If I am the Royals, I take the Red Sox hostage here. Their only other options for the one game playoff are to bring either Tim Wakefield or John Lackey back on short rest. Both are nightmare situations.

lol, he played in 140 games, racked up 453 at-bats, but didn't get consistent time? He sat 22 games. He didn't get consistent bench time, if anything.

Go figure, he enters his prime years, gets a career high in appearances and at-bats, and put up a career low OPS. Maybe he was too fat and out of shape? Who's to say. (Another question I have... Is he actually fat? Or does he just appear fat? That nasty looking Tommy Hunter double-chin beard he rocks looks fat... But his height/weight doesn't say he's fat... I'm confused now.)

As far as capable catcher... Sure, he's capable of catching the ball and throwing it back to the pitcher, and he's not an absolute butcher. But, that said... in the catching metric marking fielding errors, throwing errors, passed balls and runners caught stealing... He finished 113th of 120 catchers.

Like I said, maybe I'm missing his aura.

* Avg .320

* HR 30

* RBI 75

* Runs 72

* SB 4

* OPB .414

* SLG .631

* OPS 1.046

Yeah you missed it ;)

it's okay im eating crow on Berkman too :(

Not sure what to say about him.. I guess he took to Texas more than I thought. He hadn't done squat in his career to make me excited, so I'm not real regretful that I didn't see his big deal before the year.. definitely turned the corner in a big way, and I'll have to respect him moving forward. He was even playing decent defense and throwing guys out this year.. :wacko:

His BABIP was a little high this year, so I expect him to come to earth a touch next year, and he had crazy low R/RBI totals for that crazy Rangers lineup (not sure why).. but definitely a respected bat for me, now.

Similarly, Berkman:

Yeah, I fully expect him to hit at least .280 with 25+Hr's and 85+ RBI's...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're nuts, good luck with that one.

I don't respect your opinion lol I l'm laughing at it, and I don't have to wait to October to know Berkman will not put up those stats.

* Avg .301

* HR 31

* RBI 94

* Runs 90

* SB 2

* OPB .412

* SLG .547

* OPS .947

There's Flores/Montero stuff, Adam Dunn was a tremendous signing stuff.. but let's not get into the he said, she said. We both made mistakes, should have kept them buried :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Would have done this in the game forum but locked

Remember I posted this in gameday thread?

One of the hecklers sent me an email today :lol:

jimwalsh2323 has sent you a message:

HEY CABRERA, NICE HAIRCUT!

To:fish7718

I take it you were at the game sitting near us. That was my buddy telling Cabrera "Nice Haircut" the whole game LOL. I was sitting next to the ball boy taking video & my buddies next to me. All our friends watching the game on TV said they could hear us screaming at Miguel many times the entire game LOL! Here's a great video I put on youtube of Miguel "responding" to us LMAO! There's one of Jeter too. If only the damn yanks hit that game UGH!

good stuff...

Edited by fish7718

• 2 weeks later...