Zdeno Chara Hits Max Pacioretty (March 8 2011)

Warren2ThaG

At first I thought it was a dirty hit, but after watching the replays, I'm not too sure. I think Chara was just trying to ride him, and he ended up putting Pacioretty into the stanchion.

Anyways, the refs said the hit wasn't dirty, but had to call the five minute major.

The real idiots are the ones who designed that shitty as Arena.

After thinking about this, I tend to agree with the people who say it was reckless but without intent to injure. So, I could see a 1 game suspension, maybe. But yes, at the end of the day Chara should not be held responsible for the idiot who designed that rink. Surprised that doesn't happen more often, and you have to think they will re-do that in the offseason. If this hit is anywhere else on the ice, Pacioretty gets right up and the game goes on and there probably isn't even a penalty called.

At first I thought it was a dirty hit, but after watching the replays, I'm not too sure. I think Chara was just trying to ride him, and he ended up putting Pacioretty into the stanchion.

Anyways, the refs said the hit wasn't dirty, but had to call the five minute major.

:lol:

I don't see how it's funny. That design is incredibly dangerous, and to my knowledge Montreal is the only rink in the NHL built like that.. Sad that we need to see somebody get hurt like this for everyone to notice.

Edited by Phightins

I don't see how it's funny. That design is incredibly dangerous, and to my knowledge Montreal is the only rink in the NHL built like that.. Sad that we need to see somebody get hurt like this for everyone to notice.

The Flyers and Bruins have the exact same set up, no?

Edit: Yeah they do with pretty much every other arena as well lol.

Edited by Universe

The Flyers and Bruins have the exact same set up, no?

Actually nevermind, you are right.

Well, it's a much different setup, but there is plexiglass in there separating the benches. Honestly have never noticed it before. Probably because Bell Centre also has glass facing the ice making it more noticeable there.

Mocking an injury....nice!

You know what they say... [expletive] with the bull and you get the horns. Pacs shouldn't have shoved him in the back after the game winner in January, and the classless Habs fans shouldn't have showered Chara in garbage. Make a Slovak angry and... Well you see what happens. :lol:

http://i56.tinypic.com/14mx75y.jpg

For the record, all of that was satire... Just trying to annoy you.

You know what they say... [expletive] with the bull and you get the horns. Pacs shouldn't have shoved him in the back after the game winner in January, and the classless Habs fans shouldn't have showered Chara in garbage. Make a Slovak angry and... Well you see what happens. :lol:

http://i56.tinypic.com/14mx75y.jpg

There is times to be funny and I'd laugh if Price allowed ten goals and you wrote that but this dude's career could/can be over from an incident like this. I'm sure nobody else would find it funny losing your 22 year old star in the making.

I can only imagine the attention this would have gotten if PK Subban had done it to a Bruins player.

For the record, all of that was satire... Just trying to annoy you.

There is times to be funny and I'd laugh if Price allowed ten goals and you wrote that but this dude's career could/can be over from an incident like this. I'm sure nobody else would find it funny losing your 22 year old star in the making.

I can only imagine the attention this would have gotten if PK Subban had done it to a Bruins player.

Edited by Universe

http://habsinsideout.com/files/hio/images/chara-hit.jpg

Yeah Chara, looks like he really hoped into the glass.

That still frame sure shows a lot. :lol: . Get out of here with that garbage. I've seen that picture 1,000 times today, and it's stupider than Habs fans making a .4 second gif of the hit. He INITIATED contact with his shoulder, and Pacioretty ended up hitting the stanchion.

Habs fans aer out in full force on this one, calling for criminal charges and crap like that. However, I do understand why Habs fans and neutral fans are upset, but I do not think there was any intent.

You can claim they have a "history", but that douch-bag Lapierre was ten times more of a thorn in the side to Chara, and Chara never hurt him. It was a freak play, a dangerous play, and a very unfortunate play, but i's stupid to use still frames to show intent when players are going 20+ MPH and the initial contact was before that stancion.

MESS WIT DA SLOVAK, U GET TEH HORNZ

That still frame sure shows a lot. :lol: . Get out of here with that garbage. I've seen that picture 1,000 times today, and it's stupider than Habs fans making a .4 second gif of the hit. He INITIATED contact with his shoulder, and Pacioretty ended up hitting the stanchion.

Habs fans aer out in full force on this one, calling for criminal charges and crap like that. However, I do understand why Habs fans and neutral fans are upset, but I do not think there was any intent.

You can claim they have a "history", but that douch-bag Lapierre was ten times more of a thorn in the side to Chara, and Chara never hurt him. It was a freak play, a dangerous play, and a very unfortunate play, but i's stupid to use still frames to show intent when players are going 20+ MPH and the initial contact was before that stancion.

So sad.

I agree on one thing...the still frame is stupid. Really shows nothing. You have to watch the full video to get the entire picture.

Only because of the "history" between these two, and because the NHL will want to stay consistent with other similar plays in the past, I will predict a 2 game suspension, but in actuality, it could be less (this coming from somebody who likes the Bruins and Canadiens equally). Other predictions?

Edited by Phightins

Hfboards already has a historic thread on this. I'ts on it's fourth new thread already. If Chara recevieves no suspension, that site may crash.

You can't prove any intent here like the Habs fans think they can with their little still frame. Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Anyways, I hope Pacioretty recovers quickly and fully.

Hfboards already has a historic thread on this. I'ts on it's fourth new thread already. If Chara recevieves no suspension, that site may crash.

You can't prove any intent here like the Habs fans think they can with their little still frame. Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Anyways, I hope Pacioretty recovers quickly and fully.

Down 4-0 with a history between the two players. They play in the same arena type every night yet you rarely see this happen. Patches had a good four strides without the puck and still got destroyed.

I'm not saying he meant to put him out for the season but there is no doubt what Chara meant to do. He's a real tough guy.

Honestly funny reading what Bruins fans say. Always instant classic.