Zdeno Chara Hits Max Pacioretty (March 8 2011)

Warren2ThaG

No I was being honest. I didn't know if you were 25 or not.

Since it bears no relevance to the topic, I'm 99% sure you're asking because my mockumentary attitude in here has been successfully annoying you.

In any event, I hope Pacioretty a full recovery.

Down 4-0 with a history between the two players. They play in the same arena type every night yet you rarely see this happen. Patches had a good four strides without the puck and still got destroyed.

I'm not saying he meant to put him out for the season but there is no doubt what Chara meant to do. He's a real tough guy.

Honestly funny reading what Bruins fans say. Always instant classic.

All you've apparently watch the is still frame because it's the only thing that remotely supports your garbage claim.

Why didn't he go after him some other time during the game? Why did Lapierre never get "brutally attacked" by Chara. Habs fans are funny and pathetic at the same time. It was a dangerous play, no way around it, but I highly doubt it was intentional, and YOU nor anyone else can prove it was.

I hope he gets zero games so I can watch Habs fans squeel.

All you've apparently watch the is still frame because it's the only thing that remotely supports your garbage claim.

Why didn't he go after him some other time during the game? Why did Lapierre never get "brutally attacked" by Chara. Habs fans are funny and pathetic at the same time. It was a dangerous play, no way around it, but I highly doubt it was intentional, and YOU nor anyone else can prove it was.

I hope he gets zero games so I can watch Habs fans squeel.

My garbage claim? The dude has a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae!

I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest :lol:

Also I was just looking into it. While each arena seems to have that little area ("stanchion" or w/e) between the benches (most have some form of plexiglass enclosure), it looks like Bell Centre's is by far the most dangerous. In most buildings, there is a bit of space between the playing surface and where the glass is. At Bell Centre, the glass is literally right on top of the playing surface. Also there is another piece of glass running parallel to the benches at Bell Centre because there is a tunnel behind it, so it's basically a full glass box. Because of that, I am guessing the area Pacioretty hit had way less "give" than it would have had in another arena. But that's just a guess, I really have no idea about the physics of it.

Edited by Phightins

Since it bears no relevance to the topic, I'm 99% sure you're asking because my mockumentary attitude in here has been successfully annoying you.

In any event, I hope Pacioretty a full recovery.

I'm actually being 100 per cent real. It's just easier to deal with someone if I knew you were 13 or 25.

I'm not annoyed at all. I have zero control over what happens but it's just funny Bruins fans arguing that Patches hoped into the sanction.

I'm actually being 100 per cent real. It's just easier to deal with someone if I knew you were 13 or 25.

I'm not annoyed at all. I have zero control over what happens but it's just funny Bruins fans arguing that Patches hoped into the sanction.

lol, I am not 13. I have no side in this, other than hoping Pacioretty gets better. Just wanted to return the troll.gif you sent earlier in the year. Bad timing? Maybe.

lol, I am not 13. I have no side in this, other than hoping Pacioretty gets better. Just wanted to return the troll.gif you sent earlier in the year. Bad timing? Maybe.

So your actually 25? And it was bad timing considering mine was for a strong perfomance and yours is for a career threatning injury.

My garbage claim? The dude has a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae!

I'm not even gonna bother reading the rest :lol:

Your claim that it was dirty. That is debatable, not like Pacioretty's condition which is factual.

Also, that [expletive] ass smurf team better call up all of their goons because if they start shit next game, they will be down more than just Pacioretty.

If Bergeron is targeted, then the Habs might as well hide.

Anyways, I just hope Pacioretty is alright.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

• Owner

Neutral here, don't care about hockey and have never watched a full game.

It looked to me like the hit was perfectly timed. To time something like that, it has to be intentional. He didn't have the puck, and it was clear as day.

The still frame DOES show a lot. If he was avoiding it, he wouldn't have stuck his arm out and planted the guy's face into the stanchion. He had a lot of time to react.

Given the history (I guess, from what I'm reading elsewhere), it would have to be a very unlikely ordeal, a big coincidence, that this happened the way it did. It would be like Raja Bell jumping up to block Kobe's jumper, and coming down with an elbow to the bridge of his nose, even though Kobe didn't have the ball and didn't take a jumper.

Neutral here, don't care about hockey and have never watched a full game.

It looked to me like the hit was perfectly timed. To time something like that, it has to be intentional. He didn't have the puck, and it was clear as day.

The still frame DOES show a lot. If he was avoiding it, he wouldn't have stuck his arm out and planted the guy's face into the stanchion. He had a lot of time to react.

Given the history (I guess, from what I'm reading elsewhere), it would have to be a very unlikely ordeal, a big coincidence, that this happened the way it did. It would be like Raja Bell jumping up to block Kobe's jumper, and coming down with an elbow to the bridge of his nose, even though Kobe didn't have the ball and didn't take a jumper.

You should start watching hockey. I think you would like it, especially the playoffs.

Anyways, I see both sides in this incident, but I don't know if it was intentional. It's hard to react in .4 seconds while moving at the speeds they are. Chara initiated his contact before the stantion, so I can't say it was intentional, and he was given a zero game suspension.

The Lakers could use Chara though.

Also, somebody made a good point just now on Twitter. David Steckel's interference of Sidney Crosby probably ended Crosby's season, but there was no suspension there. Hockey play gone wrong, basically. They called the interference penalty on the ice, as they should have, but I am happy Chara wasn't punished just because of the severity of the injury.

• Owner

What were the possible (not out of question) punishments for this, anyway? Would they actually suspend him for the entire season, or...?

I wouldn't oppose a 2-3 game suspension. Even one or two. I just don't see how he got away with it without something happening.

What were the possible (not out of question) punishments for this, anyway? Would they actually suspend him for the entire season, or...?

I wouldn't oppose a 2-3 game suspension. Even one or two. I just don't see how he got away with it without something happening.

Probably around 2. That's what I expected, anyway. Believe it or not, stuff like this happens all the time (well, people don't break their necks all the time, but there are scary hits all the time). It's the unfortunate part of hockey, but the game is so fast and so physical.

Believe it or not, the Chara hit was not even the dirtiest play of last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTRbzo2qTk

<_<

Because of the Chara hit, nobody is talking about this, but Smid is probably facing a suspension for that. When you can see a guy in a vulnerable position facing the boards like that and you still drive him in head first, that's about as dirty as it gets.

Edited by Phightins

Your claim that it was dirty. That is debatable, not like Pacioretty's condition which is factual.

Also, that [expletive] ass smurf team better call up all of their goons because if they start shit next game, they will be down more than just Pacioretty.

If Bergeron is targeted, then the Habs might as well hide.

Anyways, I just hope Pacioretty is alright.

The funniest thing is we got beat up by the "tough" Bruins and needed to get tougher. We signed George Laraque and then nobody would fight him. We release him and now the Bruins are calling our team the pussies. It's a no win situation so you just gotta laugh when you talk to people like you brags about fight wins rather than wins.

Oh, look, Chara's hit Pacioretty's shoulder, not his head until the very end.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ds48wg.gif

Looks like your still frame doesn't support ANYTHING.

But your gif does! :lol:

That whole committee is a joke anyways. I'm surprised PK Subban doesn't have to apoligize for the hit to Patches.

Edited by Universe