Zdeno Chara Hits Max Pacioretty (March 8 2011)

Warren2ThaG

Funny thing is it was almost one year ago that Marc Savard jumped into Matt Cookes shoulder.

Oh, yes, those incidents are so similar.

It's funny going on websites and reading blogs a few days after the incident that it is mainly Habs fans still complaining.

Max is no angel by the way. He had a nice hit from behind on Eaton, huh? No outcry was your fan-base. I wonder why that is.

You guys are being somewhat pathetic, just like Air Canada. Air Canada is being an absolute disgrace right now, yet they are a shitty airline. :lol: .

Glad to see he's doing better. The Canadian Goverment isn't too pleased with the NHL's decision and the police in Montreal are investigating it as well. Pretty sad stuff.

Air Canada is also threatening to withdraw its sponsership as well.

I'm surprised Montreal hasn't rioted, though. When Chara wasn't suspended, I thought for sure that they would go absolutely bat shit crazy. :lol:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Oh, yes, those incidents are so similar.

It's funny going on websites and reading blogs a few days after the incident that it is mainly Habs fans still complaining.

Max is no angel by the way. He had a nice hit from behind on Eaton, huh? No outcry was your fan-base. I wonder why that is.

You guys are being somewhat pathetic, just like Air Canada. Air Canada is being an absolute disgrace right now, yet they are a shitty airline. :lol: .

They are both similar. Clean hits.

As for Eaton, nobody has ever said it was a clean hit. I even wrote about it stating that if Eaton and Patches had a season long disagreement and he did that, I'd assume it would have been on purpose and would want him suspended too.

And we are the ones who are pathetic? Take off the homer glasses for once because I know there are intelligent Boston fans as I've spoken to many even living in St. Catharines but you sir are definately not one.

Air Canada is also threatening to withdraw its sponsership as well.

I'm surprised Montreal hasn't rioted, though. When Chara wasn't suspended, I thought for sure that they would go absolutely bat shit crazy. :lol:

They're only doing it because their CEO is from Montreal.

Again, the hit was an unfortunate play, but I don't think Chara wanted to put him into the stanchion.

And, the still picture with Chara's glove on his face is AFTER Pacioretty hit the stanchion.

Where's the outrage?

Edited by EastCoastNiner

They're only doing it because their CEO is from Montreal.

Again, the hit was an unfortunate play, but I don't think Chara wanted to put him into the stanchion.

And, the still picture with Chara's glove on his face is AFTER Pacioretty hit the stanchion.

Where's the outrage?

:lol: Honestly SO funny. My statement above is proven.

:lol: Honestly SO funny. My statement above is proven.

Not really at all.

Was Matt Cooke's heat "legal" within the parameters of the rules? Yes, I guess it was, but the intent was obvious, especially with his lengthy history of dirty play. He went out of his way to deliberately hurt someone who had no chance to make an impact where he was during the play. Max Pacioretty had a chance for a breakaway.

Was Chara's hit illegal? If they call it interference, sure, but it was worthy of no more than a five minute major. I have said at first I thought it was dirty, but after watching the replays, it's extremely tough to even think it was a dirty hit.

Not really at all.

Was Matt Cooke's heat "legal" within the parameters of the rules? Yes, I guess it was, but the intent was obvious, especially with his lengthy history of dirty play. He went out of his way to deliberately hurt someone who had no chance to make an impact where he was during the play. Max Pacioretty had a chance for a breakaway.

Was Chara's hit illegal? If they call it interference, sure, but it was worthy of no more than a five minute major. I have said at first I thought it was dirty, but after watching the replays, it's extremely tough to even think it was a dirty hit.

So because he had a history of dirty plays you know he meant it but someone who has history between two players resulting in an injury has no impact at all?

Right...

:lol:

The best part of this is you brought in two examples of Canadiens players doing stupid plays expecting to me to suddenly side with you because of homerism.

If any player does something stupid then they should be punished. I loved watching Marc Savard play against Montreal as he made it a good hockey game but now because of a stupid play he may never be the same again and the same goes for Patches.

It's just amazing that you can't admit Chara may have knew what he was doing.

Edited by Universe

The best part of this is you brought in two examples of Canadiens players doing stupid plays expecting to me to suddenly side with you because of homerism.

If any player does something stupid then they should be punished. I loved watching Marc Savard play against Montreal as he made it a good hockey game but now because of a stupid play he may never be the same again and the same goes for Patches.

It's just amazing that you can't admit Chara may have knew what he was doing.

And, it's hilarious that the vast majority of people that think the hit was dirty are Canadiens fans. The vast majority of non Canadiens fans think he should not have been suspended, and if he were to be, about a 1-3 game suspension.

Milan Lucic had a similar hit a few games ago against the Lightning, but no one was hurt, so there was no outcry. The stanchion also wasn't sticking out a mile.

It's pretty much ONLY Habs fans that are crying.

And, if a tap of the back is "history", then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

And, it's hilarious that the vast majority of people that think the hit was dirty are Canadiens fans. The vast majority of non Canadiens fans think he should not have been suspended, and if he were to be, about a 1-3 game suspension.

Milan Lucic had a similar hit a few games ago against the Lightning, but no one was hurt, so there was no outcry. The stanchion also wasn't sticking out a mile.

It's pretty much ONLY Habs fans that are crying.

And, if a tap of the back is "history", then I don't know what to tell you.

I just turned on TSN and saw a whole bunch of players from around the league stating they thought it was dirty and surprised there was no suspension.

But I am wrong. Just keep reading HF boards.

I just turned on TSN and saw a whole bunch of players from around the league stating they thought it was dirty and surprised there was no suspension.

But I am wrong. Just keep reading HF boards.

And, there are plenty of players, past and present that think it was not a dirty hit. Keep listening to the Montreal media and Air Canada spokespeople. :lol: .

There are plenty of plays Bruins players have made that were ten times worse. Daniel Paille was rightfully suspended this season for his hit, and Lucic has had some questionable plays before, but I don't think this was a dirty hit, and most likely not intentional.

And, there are plenty of players, past and present that think it was not a dirty hit. Keep listening to the Montreal media and Air Canada spokespeople. :lol: .

There are plenty of plays Bruins players have made that were ten times worse. Daniel Paille was rightfully suspended this season for his hit, and Lucic has had some questionable plays before, but I don't think this was a dirty hit, and most likely not intentional.

Yes TSN is very pro Montreal and Air Canada didn't spend money on other teams.

Hahahaha.

You really don't understand why they are doing this and that's fine becase you hate Montreal.

The Boston Bruins as a team HATE Montreal. From the comments before the game saying we are divers to after calling out Pouliot for not fighting again.

Zdeno Chara does not hit Brian Gionta or Travis Moen....he hits the guy who was under his skin. Out of everyone on that roster it was the one guy who he was battling with who is now sitting in a hospital bed and may never play hockey again.

Now there is no way to prove it without Chara admitting he did that on purpose but the point is you cannot look past what had happened before when the result was so dangerous.

If this would have been a Canadiens vs. Predators and Shea Weber would have done this to Patches, I'm sure people would still be angry but then it looks a lot more innocent coming from someone without a history between the two.

As for the Goverment, they have a huge role in Hockey Canada and this is a huge news worthy event that brings bad praise to the sport. I'm not saying they know what a dirty hit looks like but they know what a near death experince in hockey looks like and they commented on it.

FYI, I hate Boston 1000x more than I hate Montreal. I am just calling it as I see it.

Also, you need to stop jumping to conclusions just because Pacioretty was "under Chara's skin". Chara has been in the NHL for almost 15 seasons and has had more altercations than the human brain can process, yet he has always maintained a rep as a clean player. I would say that fact counts for way more than your blind assumptions. This is not Dan Carcillo, Sean Avery, Trevor Gillies, or Chris Pronger etc here.

Edited by Phightins

FYI, I hate Boston 1000x more than I hate Montreal. I am just calling it as I see it.

Also, you need to stop jumping to conclusions just because Pacioretty was "under Chara's skin". Chara has been in the NHL for almost 15 seasons and has had more altercations than the human brain can process, yet he has always maintained a rep as a clean player. I would say that fact counts for way more than your blind assumptions. This is not Dan Carcillo, Sean Avery, Trevor Gillies, or Chris Pronger here.

Almost 15 seasons and still doesn't know the dimensions of the rinks....amazing!