Coach of the Year

Real Deal

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doug Collins. His team is nothing special. no special all star that the Sixers are building around. Just a star (Iggy) and some role players but they still manage to have a better record than the Knicks for example. If one coach deserves it it's Doug and nobody else

Tom Thibodeau. What he's managed to do with this team this year is incredible. Missed Noah a decent amount of games as well. And he's got this team to one of the top, if not the top, defensive team(s) in the NBA. Very impressive job, can't believe it took so long for this guy to become a head coach.

Also want to say the jobs Doug Collins and Lionel Hollins have done have been pretty damn impressive as well, though.

So many deserving coaches this year but my vote goes to Thibodeau. A rookie coach takes a team that finished 8th last season and gets them to buy into his system and defensive schemes, and exceeds everyone's expectations by taking them to the top of the East.

Thibodeau obviously, Bulls also over came big injuries in Boozer to start the year and Joakim Noah in the middle of the year and still won the 1 seed with a youngish team.

Edited by fish7718

I also voted for Thibodeau. He's installed a patient, disciplined offense, and brought over the Riley school of defense to Chicago. He's gotten everybody to work hard and cut down on mistakes, and his passion, energy, and love of basketball has proven infectious. He's had a terrific inaugural season.

Gregg Popovich has done what not many coaches are able to do. He's playing his three best players 30MPG (give or take a few), and has developed a bench that could be a huge reason why the are able to win a ring this year.

This but could easily be Tibs.

Looked back to see who the other coach/mvp award winners and it has been Nash / D'Antoni, Duncan / Popovich and of course Jordan / Jackson.

The reason I voted for Thibs because his defensive system has made the Bulls the best defensive team in the WHOLE NBA! He's making Derrick Rose a MVP Canidate. If Vinny Del Negro was coach do you really expect the Bulls to be first place in East? They would probably be in 4-5th place. Thibs has made this team to become the best team in East and 2nd best team in NBA. This is best season for the Bulls since 98. Thibs deserves the coach of the year after being assistant coach for so long.

I also voted for Thibodeau. He's installed a patient, disciplined offense, and brought over the Riley school of defense to Chicago. He's gotten everybody to work hard and cut down on mistakes, and his passion, energy, and love of basketball has proven infectious. He's had a terrific inaugural season.

This.

Thibs has got every Bull to play motivated each and every game especially defensively. He should win this.

Tom Thibodeau easily for me.

His passion is clear on the sidelines and he's got this Bulls team playing at such a high level. Plus I love how he's finally got a chance to be the head coach, he was amazing in Houston under Jeff Van Gundy, the Rockets were top 5 in defense. The defense follows him he's a true mastermind on that end, and it has led the Bulls to the best record in the east.

This is IMO the only award where there's no easy choice. As a matter of fact it is now quite obvious that Rose will be MVP, Odom Sixth Man, Griffin ROY, Howard DPOY and Love MIP. I mean other players would deserve those awards as well, but those players just deserve it more than everybody else.

So for COY it's a toss up between Thibodeau and Pop. Both coaches would deserve it indeed. However I would personally pick Gregg Popovich. As a matter of fact there is no doubt that Tom did a great job in Chicago indeed but still the main reason why the Bulls had such a great season is Derrick Rose. While Coach Popovich is the main reason why the Spurs had such a terrific season.

As a matter of fact before the season started most people thought that the Spurs would be AT BEST a 7 or 8 seed in the West. Many even thought that the Spurs wouldn't make the playoffs at all. This first because Duncan is now on the downside of his career and was expected to have his worst season.. People were right about that, the Spurs leader had the worst season of his career indeed. But the team did great nonetheless. Which is the biggest surprise of the year. And Pop's great coaching deserves most of the credit for that IMO.

In fact Pop managed to make his team the best team in the league this with NO LEGIT MVP CANDIDATE. The Spurs are actually only the second team in NBA history to manage to have the best record during the regular season with no serious MVP candidate. And probably even no player in the All NBA teams (Ginobili could be third team AT BEST but it's far from being certain..). The other team were the 89 Pistons. At least they had a player in the NBA All Defensive team (Dumars) though... The Spurs will have none for sure. That certainly gives more credit to Pop.

And that is why I would personally give the award to Gregg Popovich this year.

• Like 2