Obama to address nation in a few minutes

Lkr

What a great day. To think, this happened exactly 66 years and 1 day after Hitler was killed.

Hitler killed himself. More appropriately, it is the 8th anniversary of "Mission Accomplished"!

Some of these tweets are [expletive]ing hilarious.

EricStangel Eric Stangel

During his re-election campaign, Obama should answer every single question with "Who gives a crap. I killed bin Laden"

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

Surely, I'm not the first person to state the obvious: Donald Trump will believe it when he sees the death certificate.

jabressler JB

For the love of god, please don't let nicolas cage star in the movie about operation kill bin laden

• Like 2

12-18 foot walls w/ barbed wire

Trash being burned

Value 1 million dollars

No phone lines

No internet

Random big trucks going in and out

Security around the wall/entrance

8 times larger than any other house near by

Yeah that would raise some eyebrows :lol:

EDIT: PWNED!

Edited by ChosenOne

Remember this?

Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US Hussain Haqqani rejected a NATO official’s claim on Monday that al Qaeda Chief Osama bin Laden is living comfortably in a house in the northwest of Pakistan, saying there was no basis to it.

“This is speculation because if he knew it, it would be actionable intelligence and we would act on it,” he said on CNN, citing NATO official, who was not named.

“I mean, we can speculate on certain people in NATO and Afghanistan living it up, but that’s just speculation. Why should we get into the speculation?”

LOL

In Obama's speech he said Pakistan's intelligence had a big helping hand with this.

No shit he's going to say that during his speech. I don't trust that government at all, and there's a DAMN GOOD chance that they have known where he was for a while, and weren't giving him up. If that turns out to be the case, kiss that country goodbye!

No shit he's going to say that during his speech. I don't trust that government at all, and there's a DAMN GOOD chance that they have known where he was for a while, and weren't giving him up. If that turns out to be the case, kiss that country goodbye!

Agreed but for the time being you have to take his word for it.

In Obama's speech he said Pakistan's intelligence had a big helping hand with this.

Maybe because the evidence the United States had on his potential presence there was too much for even Pakistan to deny cooperation? I don't want to come off as a conspirator but I seriously doubt Bin Laden was able to hide inside Pakistan for about decade without some help from the inside (I emphasize on "some" because I'm not accusing the President or the entire government). I mean the report was that he was hiding in a [expletive]ing mansion.

Regardless, wonderful news. Historic day to finally see this mass murderer finally dead.

This quote kind of sums up my feelings about this.

"Osama was killed in Pakistan, where he had obviously been hiding out for some time in a mansion. He wasn't killed in a cave, he was killed in a Pakistani mansion.

Now, Pakistan has been a "US Ally" from the outset, but it was a marriage of convenience for both parties. The US held its nose, funneled diplomatic resources into Pakistan, and prayed that when push came to shove, the Pakistani government would side with the US rather than Islamists.

The ISI, Pakistan's intelligence wing, has long been accused of talking out both sides of its mouth by both telling the US just enough to keep it happy while tipping off terrorist, radical Islamic factions to protect them from surveillance, drones, bombings, etc. both along the border and in some cases in Afghanistan. The ISI has been unofficially linked to a number of horrific events around the world, not the least of which was the Mumbai seige and militia ops in Kashmir.

Now, 9 years after 9/11, it took one person to flip and take down bin Laden. If this person came from an ISI source, awesome. If not, there's no other way to read this than that elite, powerful elements of Pakistan's intelligence/military wing have been protecting bin Laden."

Maybe because the evidence the United States had on his potential presence there was too much for even Pakistan to deny cooperation? I don't want to come off as a conspirator but I seriously doubt Bin Laden was able to hide inside Pakistan for about decade without some help from the inside (I emphasize on "some" because I'm not accusing the President or the entire government). I mean the report was that he was hiding in a [expletive]ing mansion.

Regardless, wonderful news. Historic day to finally see this mass murderer finally dead.

My thought exactly when i heard he was killed in a mansion in Pakistan, but until opposing proof comes out i will and everyone should take the word of the president, and believe in Pakistan's corporation.

This quote kind of sums up my feelings about this.

"Osama was killed in Pakistan, where he had obviously been hiding out for some time in a mansion. He wasn't killed in a cave, he was killed in a Pakistani mansion.

Now, Pakistan has been a "US Ally" from the outset, but it was a marriage of convenience for both parties. The US held its nose, funneled diplomatic resources into Pakistan, and prayed that when push came to shove, the Pakistani government would side with the US rather than Islamists.

The ISI, Pakistan's intelligence wing, has long been accused of talking out both sides of its mouth by both telling the US just enough to keep it happy while tipping off terrorist, radical Islamic factions to protect them from surveillance, drones, bombings, etc. both along the border and in some cases in Afghanistan. The ISI has been unofficially linked to a number of horrific events around the world, not the least of which was the Mumbai seige and militia ops in Kashmir.

Now, 9 years after 9/11, it took one person to flip and take down bin Laden. If this person came from an ISI source, awesome. If not, there's no other way to read this than that elite, powerful elements of Pakistan's intelligence/military wing have been protecting bin Laden."

Lets hope for both sides thats the case.