Ever watched a horror film that is scary?

Like for real, because I haven't. There's good horror films like The Shining, although they are not scary, then you got bad horror films, which make you laugh, and then you got these horror films which are pure blood, which aren't scary, they're just disgusting.

Ever watched a horror film that is scary?

I get freaked out by every scary movie I watch. They get in my head, so when I'm walking up the stairs at night and it's dark behind me, I always picture the grudge girl or the exorcist girl climbing up the stairs.

Saw III didn't scare me though, that was just ridiculous.

Good point. The Shining is probably my favorite horror movie of all time, but it didn't really scare me. More so just kinda creepy and kept me on the edge of my seat. A lot of horror movies these days are just slashers, like the Saw series. Kinda gross, but not scary.

I think the only horror movie I've watched that legitimately freaked me out was the Japanese version of The Grudge.

The Shining is a very good movie, but it didn't scare me. It was creepy, but it didn't scare me or anything. I was reading that people thought The Descent was scary, and I rented that, and thought it was decent. Didn't scare me at all, most the time I was laughing at it. The only thing that "scares" me is when something pops out, for some reason I always fall for that. Though, overall, a movie never scares me.

Usually the original version Japanese Ring or the Grudge are scary... about 10x scarier than the Hollywood remake.

The Shining is very good, I suspect because of its simplicity in both plot and technology. You see these new horror movies, they try to scare with camera effects but what it really shows is how unoriginal and fake the scenes are... the intention to make it scarier now backfires and it only makes it less scary.

Subtle scary without too much "movie makeup" (picture and sound) usually works. That's why the older horror movies are usually scarier than the new ones.

Edited by Snake

the only horror movie i was really ever scared of was child's play 2. now i look at it and laugh at how corny it is, but as a child i was scared of that movie.

movies like friday 13, nightmare elm street, and halloween never interested me much or scared me much either.

movies like saw just confuse me and make me go wtf

movies like hostel and other blood gushers just make me pissed off that they call it horror and all it is, is a gore fest with crappy acting.

the shining was cool and kept me interested, even though i wasn't scared. looking back at that movie and its setting and characters it would seem like a snooze fest, but it was a good movie.

my favorite horror movie is the hitcher(old one) though. its not full of action, full of blood, full of gore, or full of plot twists, but its just something about that movie that makes me like it a lot.

I dont watch horror movies because everything gets in my head easily. The commercial for the Ring, Exorcist, and Grudge were enough for me. I would go into the kitchen in the dark and on the way back to my room I always pictured some thing behind me and once I even heard a laugh [it was in my mind but still freaky as hell]

I dont watch horror movies because everything gets in my head easily. The commercial for the Ring, Exorcist, and Grudge were enough for me. I would go into the kitchen in the dark and on the way back to my room I always pictured some thing behind me and once I even heard a laugh [it was in my mind but still freaky as hell]

wut... ⊙ω⊙ 

The ending of the movie Se7en was hard to take in for me.

Also I'm always freaked out for any movies in the Halloween series.

Haha me and you are very alike the ending of se7en really pissed me off, I wouldn't have shot that guy, i would have uncuffed him and slowly beat him to death. :)

Haha me too sometimes ill be going to the bathroom and I'll be thinking, what if i pull that shower curtain back and the some crazy [expletive] is just standing there waiting to kill me.

I saw I think it was Halloween 4 when I was like 5 years old, not knowing what it was, I was flipping around the movie channels and found it, my sister warned me not to watch it. Ever since I've been terrified of that white mask lol.

Can you show us a picture of your vagina please?

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. This happens to me too when I watch horror movis.