09-10 Phila Eagles Thread

Guest N4S

Good win.

Kolb looked good today, so did Shady McCoy, who started in place of Westbrook. Everything clicked today, which was expected. Good win heading into the bye week, hope McNabb and Westy heal up.

Kolb made history today. First quarterback in NFL history to throw for 300 yards in both of his first two starts. Props.

Also, check this out:

Jamarcus Russell (7-24, 109 yds, 1 TD, 2 int) was absolute crap against the Chiefs last week. Kevin Kolb (24-34, 327 yds, 2 TD, 1 rush TD) tore them up. So I guess Kolb > Russell?

It's not much of a stretch. Russell already has 2 int in the first half against the Broncos. Talk about a horrible QB.

i admit i was wrong about kolb. he has had 2 good games in a row, and shows a lot of poise out there on the field. that being said though, i'm not ready to proclaim him a future superstar, or future starter yet. the saints and chiefs are not known for their defense, so hopefully nobody pumps him up too much, yet. what i do know is that he has the ability to get the job done, and i have faith he can hold the fort with mcnabb out. still remains to be seen what type of player he'll become in the future, but there's nothing wrong with giving us stability at the backup QB position.

and LMFAO @ the foreskins.

Edited by Himuki

Brent Celek has been really good. For me, he might be the most pleasant surprise of the season. Well, I shouldn't say "surprise" since I did expect him to be solid, but he has been far and away better than I thought. Also, Desean Jackson continues to amaze me more and more each week.

i admit i was wrong about kolb. he has had 2 good games in a row, and shows a lot of poise out there on the field. that being said though, i'm not ready to proclaim him a future superstar, or future starter yet. the saints and chiefs are not known for their defense, so hopefully nobody pumps him up too much, yet. what i do know is that he has the ability to get the job done, and i have faith he can hold the fort with mcnabb out. still remains to be seen what type of player he'll become in the future, but there's nothing wrong with giving us stability at the backup QB position.

and LMFAO @ the foreskins.

i agree, it is definitely too early to say he is gonna be great or anything, but his performance also proves that he has some talent, which almost everyone has doubted. i think im the only one on the board that didnt give up on him

i agree, it is definitely too early to say he is gonna be great or anything, but his performance also proves that he has some talent, which almost everyone has doubted. i think im the only one on the board that didnt give up on him

I never gave up on him either, I have always been willing to give him the chance to start and see how he does.

lol

i dunno whether i should be excited or what...

i guess i like him back for nostalgia reasons, but who knows how much he has left.

trotter + dawkins = Eagles for life

I remember in like Madden 06 that they were the best team for the running attack mini-game. Westbrook at RB Trotter at MLB and Dawinks at FS. I hate the Eagles but I had to run with them.

lol

i dunno whether i should be excited or what...

i guess i like him back for nostalgia reasons, but who knows how much he has left.

trotter + dawkins = Eagles for life

i am really happy to see him back because of leadership. but as far as skill, im not so sure

• 3 weeks later...

Just grabbed LB Will Witherspoon from the Rams for WR Brandon Gibson.

This is a badass pickup.

Dude is quality.

I don't know much about him.

However Trotter was absolutely pathetic in the Oakland game. He got burned on the Zach Miller TD and he should've been able to get that crucial stop the team needed on 3rd down at the end of the game. And that was against the run. Trotter is done. I love him, but he's done.

He can't be worse than the current Trotter. Hopefully this guy is good in coverage. I have no idea, but we need some linebackers that can deflect passes over the middle against the Tight Ends. We've been raped by a TE in almost every game now. The Chiefs game is the lone exception and who do they even have there?

witherspoon was a beast a couple years ago with the panthers, but after signing with the rams i haven't heard much from him, probably because they suck so much.

but excellent pickup either way, he's an upgrade over trotter/gaither, and we didn't give up too much. i like gibson though, so kinda sucks he had to go, but hasn't proven anything.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/public/style_emoticons/default/empty%20trophy%20case.gif

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/public/style_emoticons/default/empty%20trophy%20case.gif

LMAOOOO

• Like 1

witherspoon was a beast a couple years ago with the panthers, but after signing with the rams i haven't heard much from him, probably because they suck so much.

but excellent pickup either way, he's an upgrade over trotter/gaither, and we didn't give up too much. i like gibson though, so kinda sucks he had to go, but hasn't proven anything.

exactly, you never hear anything about anyone on the rams.

but he had 100 tackles 1 year in carolina and then in his first year on st louis he had 116 tackles, and in his second year, 07-08 he had 110 tackles and 7 sacks. last year he didnt do as well, but the rams sucked.

i havent seen him play much, but it seems like he is a very solid linebacker. and at 29 years old, he could be a great pickup

• 4 weeks later...

bump. just some thoughts...

I've been hearing a lot of talk lately after the two losses about ending the Reid/McNabb era.

Any opinions on McNabb, and do you fellow Eagle fans want him back next year at QB?

I'm personally mixed on this issue. I like McNabb but he pisses me off to no end at times. He also isn't getting much younger and the majority of our core players are youngsters. So I don't really know where he fits into the picture. But on the other hand, just looking around, he is the most qualified QB to win us games NOW. I dunno what to think of Kolb or whatever college QBs in the draft this year.

As for Reid, I've wanted him fired for years now and I hope he's gone next year, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sucks about what happened to B-West. I love everything he's given us and I respect him tremendously, but after two concussions back to back, his career is at crossroads. He's getting up there in age and just cannot stay healthy. The concussions he's been suffering could affect him later on in life as well. It's sad to see how much he has declined, but I think it's safe to say he's not going to be in any future plans. Best of luck to him no matter what happens.

So in the offseason Dawkins leaves (and is playing great football in Denver btw). McNabb/Reid/Westbrook all have question marks. It's sad to see an era of Eagles football winding to an end, but it's inevitable. Wish we could've won a Superbowl with these guys, including Reid even though I hate him now. Oh well, should be interesting to see how we close out the year and what happens in the offseason.

Btw, Winston Justice has been a pleasant surprise. I'm loving the way he's playing this year. Future starter for years to come?

Edited by Willie Green

im not a huge fan of reid either, but its hard for me to think of many coaches that the eagles could get that would do better then reid has done.

but mcnabbs time is slowly winding down too. its hard for me to see this as his last year also. i dont think its possible for any QB to have more success then mcnabb has had for how often they run the ball.

but this is one of the best turnarounds ive ever seen. reid has done a great job turning and aging team into a team full of young stars. we have done a great job drafting on offense with desean, celek, maclin, and mccoy. same goes for defense. we have also gotten some key free agents/trades with witherspoon, peters, and a few others. its just crazy how fast this team changed