2012 NBA All-Star Game

2012 NBA All-Star Game  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.nba.com/allstar/2012/asb/images/mainhdr_aslogo.png

EASTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS

STARTERS

C - Dwight Howard

F - Carmelo Anthony

F - LeBron James

G - Dwyane Wade

G - Derrick Rose

BENCH

F - Chris Bosh

F - Luol Deng

C - Roy Hibbert

F - Andre Iguodala

F - Paul Pierce

G - Rajon Rondo (replacing Joe Johnson)

G - Deron Williams

Coach - Tom Thibodeau

WESTERN CONFERENCE ALL-STARS

STARTERS

C - Andrew Bynum

F - Blake Griffin

F - Kevin Durant

G - Kobe Bryant

G - Chris Paul

BENCH

F - LaMarcus Aldridge

C - Marc Gasol

F - Kevin Love

G - Steve Nash

F - Dirk Nowitzki

G - Tony Parker

G - Russell Westbrook

Coach - Scott Brooks

Edited by Real Deal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Owner
Two cities and three franchises accounted for six of the ten players voted starters for the 2012 NBA All-Star Game, announced Thursday.

Dwyane Wade and LeBron James of the Miami Heat were voted Eastern Conference starters for the Feb. 26 game at Amway Center in Orlando.

The Lakers' Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum and the Clippers' Chris Paul and Blake Griffin were voted starters in the West.

Defending NBA MVP Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls was voted a starting guard along with Wade in the East, with the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony joining James at forward and Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic at center.

The starters were chosen by fan balloting. Howard was the leading vote-getter with 1.6 million votes.

Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder was the lone West starter from outside the Los Angeles city limits. He'll start along with Griffin at forward, with Bryant and Paul at guard and Bynum at center.

Griffin and Bynum are first-time starters, while Bryant earned his record-tying 14th consecutive selection.

http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2012/story/_/id/7534419/2012-nba-all-star-game-miami-heat-los-angeles-teams-fill-all-star-starters

EAST ALL-STARS

C - Dwight Howard

F - Carmelo Anthony

F - LeBron James

G - Dwyane Wade

G - Derrick Rose

WEST ALL-STARS

C - Andrew Bynum

F - Blake Griffin

F - Kevin Durant

G - Kobe Bryant

G - Chris Paul

Shocked to see the TNT guys making the case for Bosh over Melo but its good to see Chris get the recognition he deserves for his performance this year. I wanna see Brandon Jennings get in for the East though. He's been great this year.

Smh @ Iguodala getting in averaging 13 and 6 as opposed to Brandon Jennings or Kyrie Irving, Nash over Lowry and especially Dirk over Rudy Gay.

Iguodala is averaging 13 points, 7 rebounds (6.7 rounds to 7, not 6), 5 rebounds and 2 steals a game with a TS% of 53.2

Jennings is averaging 19 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists and 1.6 steals a game with a TS% of 52.6.

The difference is, Iguodala is arguably the best defensive player at his position and arguably top 5 in the NBA. Jennings is a mediocore defender at best. Iguodala is also the best player on the team with the 4th best record in the league, which always plays a part in the decision.

Iguodala is more than deserving to be an All-Star. The guy has been one of the best two way players in the game this season.

As for your other gripes, I can understand where you are coming from. I'm completely fine with Nash considering he is leading the league in assists to go with his 15 points a night and also doing it an absolutely ridiculous TS% of 64.8%. If Lowry had played like he had to start the season I'd agree that he should be there, but his numbers have fallen off fairly dramatically since then and his efficiency has plummeted. I wouldn't have complained if he was named over Nash, but I think Nash is more deserving. He is playing some of his best ball since his MVP seasons and it is remarkable that he has that awful Suns team within just 2.5 games of a playoff spot.

Fully agreed on DIrk, but reputation definitely played a factor there. He has come on as of late but it is still not worthy of being an All-Star. I'd have put Millsap ahead of him, but I can agree with Gay as well.

• Like 1

lol @ Chris Bosh and D Will

Bosh should easily be the starter in the East... D-Will should not be in though.

Milsap is a huge snub, as is Josh Smith. Glad to see Roy Hibbert making it, he's come a long way since his Georgetown days. Proved me wrong big time, I didn't think he was capable of playing at this level.