Watch Swish's release

*Swish*

Your shot reminds me of Jeets shot alot as he also shoots over head (not as far back as you but still over head) But at the end of the day as long as it drops its all good.

Also i would post video of my shot but its wack so i choose not to. I specialize in defense, rebound, and cutting mainly. Not the best offensive player outside of 10 feet lol

At least you know your limitations but imo, most people who play on a regular basis can develop some semblance of a mid range game. I'd just work on that.

Thanks for the feedback. I may clean up the top of my release if it doesn't throw off my shooting mechanics too much.

At least you know your limitations but imo, most people who play on a regular basis can develop some semblance of a mid range game. I'd just work on that.

Thanks for the feedback. I may clean up the top of my release if it doesn't throw off my shooting mechanics too much.

Well its not bad, shit i have been playing ball 4-5 days a week for the last 15 years. Its always just been easier for my to post/drive a fool that shoot over them. Also i enjoy defense more than offense i like knowing that whoever i'm on aint going to score or even make a good play lol I enjoy pissing people off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYFnNyMUB8c

I didn't realize I cocked the ball over my head before watcing tape of myself. I'm probably going to stick with it because I've got other things to work on in preparation for ball try outs in August.

Why don't the rest of you post vids as well? Any constructive criticism?

Pretty weird looking shot, but it looks like it works for you, so doesn't really matter.

• Owner

I get told I have a quick release, and it's nearly one-handed. I don't bring my left hand up enough on my shot, sometimes dropping it slightly under my chin once I elevate, but it has changed because of my eye situation. If I have my other hand up, part of my arm (or the hand, depends on where it's at and where I'm shooting from) can get in the way, and cause my shot to be off quite a bit.

It's weird how things work, once you lose vision in one eye. I can't see a damn thing out of my left, but certain angles and light interfere with my good eye BECAUSE of that useless one (no shapes or distinct images, but sometimes, it seems like I can see reflections of shadows and faint light, which "mix" in with what I see out of my good eye).

It's pretty effective...and I can shoot really, really, really well...but it's still an abnormal shot, nonetheless. I think it's a bit more difficult to block, though, because my body turns slightly, and I get the ball out of my hands quicker, a bit more elevation. I need to get a video of it.

I get told I have a quick release, and it's nearly one-handed. I don't bring my left hand up enough on my shot, sometimes dropping it slightly under my chin once I elevate, but it has changed because of my eye situation. If I have my other hand up, part of my arm (or the hand, depends on where it's at and where I'm shooting from) can get in the way, and cause my shot to be off quite a bit.

It's weird how things work, once you lose vision in one eye. I can't see a damn thing out of my left, but certain angles and light interfere with my good eye BECAUSE of that useless one (no shapes or distinct images, but sometimes, it seems like I can see reflections of shadows and faint light, which "mix" in with what I see out of my good eye).

It's pretty effective...and I can shoot really, really, really well...but it's still an abnormal shot, nonetheless. I think it's a bit more difficult to block, though, because my body turns slightly, and I get the ball out of my hands quicker, a bit more elevation. I need to get a video of it.

I'm curious to see what that looks like. Get us a video :)

Your shot ain't bad Illuminati don't change it. Not everyone has a great stroke. You can still make it work

Shooting is my main strength, and people say I have a great stroke and form. I don't know, I mean, I've never seen it, but I don't think people would lie to me about it.

If only I was as athletic and as good a slasher as I was a shooter! smfh lol!

Edited by JYD