General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Braves have lost 6 in a row. We dont have McCann, Freeman, Chipper or David Ross healthy. We had so many opportunities today to get runs but we got down to our 8 and 9 hitters and they got two easy outs. Dammit

I'm at the Braves game with some friends from work and I got chosen to attempt to run from right field to behind second base and grab a base and run back in 20 seconds. Wish me luck guys!

I'm at the Braves game with some friends from work and I got chosen to attempt to run from right field to behind second base and grab a base and run back in 20 seconds. Wish me luck guys!

No chance sorry pal..unless it's like middle right field, then maybe lol

If/when the security guards attempt to shock you with a taser, remind them of who you are: the moderator and game thread-creator in the baseball forum on OTR. They'll let you off easy.

Not 100% sure but it sounds like a promotion :lol:

Even more impressive than that, Rauch gave him a fastball down and in dude hit on the ground through the infield and it just about rolled to the fence, shit was incredible..

edit: it was francisco, can't find video but found this

Giancarlo Stanton's scorching leadoff double in the bottom of the ninth against Frank Francisco had the Mets talking even a morning later.

The Mets were playing deep, no-doubles defense at the time. And yet the ball still got between relatively speedy outfielders Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Andres Torres and made it to the wall.

Collins and his coaches discussed the play and decided they had never seen a ball get through like that on no-doubles defense. Ronny Cedeno and Scott Hairston brought it up as well unsolicited Saturday morning once the Mets-Marlins game highlights started playing on a clubhouse TV.

Cedeno told Hairston the screaming liner never got more than five feet or so off the ground, and that he essentially had no time to react. As for a ball being hit that hard, they both concluded they had never seen it as well.

"Nobody," Cedeno told Hairston.

"Nobody has ever done that," Hairston concurred. "... If that would have hit somebody, somebody would have died."

Collins similarly said Ozzie Guillen told him before Friday's game that Stanton crushes balls so hard, an infielder might be badly injured or worse someday.

Collins added that the "lightning quick" turf at Marlins Park allows balls to scoot quickly on the ground. The grounds crew is still learning how to take care of the field, trying to gauge how long to leave the retractable roof open in order to allow for the grass to grow without the extreme South Florida heat killing it.

Edited by fish7718

Well, right as I grabbed the base and turned to run back, I slipped. :wallbash3: :angry: Ended up making it back one second late. I was honestly surprised I did so well. I feel like all the times I remember people doing this, they ended up slipping as well or just not finishing in time.

Still managed to come away with some goods though. I got 2 tickets to the Brothers Of The Sun Tour: Kenny Chesney & Tim McGraw concert, a hat, shirt, and a bumper sticker. If I had gotten there in the twenty second time window, I would've gotten a $50 gift card to some restaurant in downtown Atlanta as well. Weird thing is, the two tickets are valued at $135 each, which seems like a much better deal than the gift card. :unsure:

I will post a video and some pictures tomorrow.

Well, right as I grabbed the base and turned to run back, I slipped. :wallbash3: :angry: Ended up making it back one second late. I was honestly surprised I did so well. I feel like all the times I remember people doing this, they ended up slipping as well or just not finishing in time.

Still managed to come away with some goods though. I got 2 tickets to the Brothers Of The Sun Tour: Kenny Chesney & Tim McGraw concert, a hat, shirt, and a bumper sticker. If I had gotten there in the twenty second time window, I would've gotten a $50 gift card to some restaurant in downtown Atlanta as well. Weird thing is, the two tickets are valued at $135 each, which seems like a much better deal than the gift card. :unsure:

i feel bad for you

Random Thread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here are some pictures. Still working on getting the video.

http://i.imgur.com/PS1Ko.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Yc8aY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/70YZX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/I0cLC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5XtYn.jpg

Edited by Cobb