General Baseball Thread

Phightins

Oh how sweep it is X 3? :)

Now wouldn't that be awesome?

Starters and bullpen have both been phenomenal. I am absolutely thrilled to see Pettitte pitching like it's 2010 (perhaps even better than that). I also did not expect Hughes to get back on track the way he did after several ugly starts.

The one thing that has bothered me is the sending down of Phelps after not using him for weeks. The guy was consistently solid before he stopped getting innings. Granted, Eppley has been pretty good, but it made no sense to me why Girardi decided to stop utilizing Phelps.

It's amusing that the Yankees have abandoned the idea of a LOOGY. Boone Logan is basically a regular reliever facing both righties and lefties, and he's done a nice job since Robertson went down.

They want to stretch Phelps out as a starter, and the starters have simply been too good for him to get multiple inning chances.

In that case, shouldn't they have sent him down earlier?

Edited by #HelloBrooklyn

In that case, shouldn't they have sent him down earlier?

Yes, but I'm not sure they foresaw the staff turnaround we got. I surely didn't. Been a pleasant surprise for sure.

I think Girardi finally felt comfortable enough to make the move.

sup Simba

Lincecum has just been a major disappointment this season. We managed to put up the runs but he just didn't give us a chance.

As for todays game, Bumgarner pitched an excellent game but we couldn't muster more than one run. Just pathetic. It also hurts that we don't have Brian Wilson for the season, our closeout pitching has been shit.

We should have won both of those games, but whatever you cant win them all. It's a long season.

Edited by Simba

This isn't news, but Jim Tracy is awful. Worst manager in baseball by a significant margin. And there are a lot of bad managers out there. He makes me thankful for Charlie Manuel's tactical skills (wait, what?).

Wonder how much longer Lincecum is going to part of the Giants pitching rotation.

He actually pitched pretty well last night aside from about five batters. As to whether or not he can build on last night's start, who knows.