Connecticut elementary school shooting

Real Deal

This is a horrible thought process, and is a non-sequitur. Guns make it really damn easy to kill people.

I don't think anybody here is saying to outlaw guns entirely, but requiring a background and mental health check every 2 years to renew a purchase license is a good start. Aurora would have never gotten his hands on one, and the Gabby shooter, who was denied entry to the army because he failed his mental health interview, wouldn't have either.

It's impossible to stop these things entirely, but there are certainly ways to limit them.

Fair enough I thought u were against people getting guns entirely

I don't think that many people are proposing a complete ban of guns. I'm not. It's a right in that we have as citizens to bear arms. But, just because there are responsible gun owners, doesn't mean we can't make getting these guns more difficult. You can walk into many gun shows in this Country and purchase a gun with no background check! And assault weapons? Those need to be banned. No one has a need for those.

So, overall, there's more we can do. I think it's impossible to get guns completely out of society anyway...there would probably be a black market for them if there was a complete ban. So I'm not advocating a complete ban of guns. But, to say that we shouldn't look at gun laws at all and it has absolutely nothing to do with these mass shootings is pure ignorance! It's clearly a major contributing factor!

This entire weekend I always felt like I was an inch from tears…..That annoying little lump in my throat, that dull ache in the middle of my chest and the overbearing confusion of why? That feeling started late morning Friday and is just as prominent Sunday night as I watch the President try to comfort all those parents who lost their kids…This sort of evil makes no sense and instead of bringing people together the religious are telling us prayer is the answer and the NRA followers say it’s not the guns…Too many people are sniping at the others guys point and it just seems like a lot of noise….Everyone has a theory, everyone an answer that fits nicely into their agenda yet it seems like nobody can agree on any one thing ….So as always nothing will probably get done…Is it worth a couple of extra dollars in my taxes to have armed security at every school? Is it worth a couple of extra tax dollars to reopen some of the hospitals to lock up some of these nut jobs and keep them out of society? When something like this happens people often look for answers and all too often there are none….There are two things I am sure of….I will never mention that ogres name….And that teacher that gave up her life to protect her students should have the highest civilian honor bestowed on her as well as them naming that school after her…So tell your little ones you love them 5 times a day, hug them every time they walk by you and starting tomorrow thank their teacher you never know what they might have to do for your kids besides filling their heads with knowledge

My boss went on in FB