World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

Who was the favorite in the WS last year?

I'm just curious I dont remember what all the analysts were predicting.

Does anyone recall?

the Rays were, the Phils weren't supposed to be able to hang with "the superior American League"

Edited by Diesel

The Phillies haven't been favored in a postseason series in any of the past 3 seasons (other than maybe the Brewers series last year, I do not remember).

Edited by Phightins09

If the Yanks lose this game they are SCREWED. They need to win every game CC is on the mound this series if they are going to have a chance in this series. Phillies rotation is solid, they not only can match Cliff Lee with CC but they have a veteran in Pedro who looks terrific recently and last years WS MVP in Hamels, plus you got Happ and Blanton waiting to get in there. For the Yanks, they probably are going to throw CC as many times as possible, on 3 days rest. He is only going to get worse as the series goes along against a team that has already hammered him before and will see him multiple times again this series and get more comfortable. Burnett is very wild and probably wont fare well against this Phillies lineup, who are very patient with power hitters. Pettite looks great this postseason, but I expect him to come back down to earth. The Yankees cant afford to lose with CC on the mound. Just like last series against the Angels, CC dominated both his starts and the Yanks won in 6 games. If he loses, the Yankees lose the series.