World Series Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Philadelphia Phillies

Phightins

George Steinbrenner is attending Game 1.

New York-Philly, just imagine how many riots there are going to be.

if its a close series then it is going to be absolutely insane. especially where i am cause its half philly fans half NY fans

Haha the lesser of two evils, to some people...:lol:

its exactly that. its just weird having a lot of people outside philly rooting for philly

Edited by fly3rs18

Yep. I would rather the Phillies win since they don't have a $192 million dollar payroll like the Yankees do.

But they're in your divison...just doesn't really make sense.

Ah, I love the fact how me and Waldo haven't baited, but we're still considered obnoxious/arrogant. While some other fans have done nothing but bait and Yankees fans are still considered scum. Ironic.

• Owner

Ah, I love the fact how me and Waldo haven't baited, but we're still considered obnoxious/arrogant. While some other fans have done nothing but bait and Yankees fans are still considered scum. Ironic.

Thanks for that, by the way. :)

if it was a braves yankees/red sox world series i might rather the braves win simply because i dont want to deal with yankee/red sox fans

and i dont know if people were talking about you when they were talking about yankee fans (i could be wrong). just yankee fans in general

Edited by fly3rs18

if it was a braves yankees/red sox world series i might rather the braves win simply because i dont want to deal with yankee/red sox fans

and i dont know if people were talking about you when they were talking about yankee fans (i could be wrong). just yankee fans in general

Haha exactly it's all about where you live. If I were living in Philly it'd be much easier for me too root for the Yankees because there are not as many fans to put up with. However, considering 75% of them are pricks, I live in New York and it's tough to roo for em when their fans annoy you so much. Still, no way I could root for the Phillies...

No one is talking about you or Waldo. It's the fact that there are dumb Yankees fans in every part of the country that couldn't tell you their line-up. And they are complete morons. It's not the Yankee fans on this site specifically, but the ones we have to deal with off of the computer that make us hate the Yankees even more.

I didn't like the Yankees in 2003. What an idiotic post based on the fact that I just don't want your Phillies to win the series. Alex went to New York in 2004. Big fail on your part...again.

Are you aware of Alex Rodriguez'z steroid allegations? The man is a cheater and a disgrace to the game.

Edited by Diesel

this might be the first time that a lot of non philly fans have wanted a philly team to win. its usually the exact opposite, like last year.

Cause its the Yankees, its a bandwagon team. Everyone wants the bandwagon teams to lose, everyone wants the Lakers to lose, everyone wants the Yankees to lose, same concept.

Also, Brett Myers is back on the roster for the World Series, and Miguel Cairo is off, which means they are going with 12 pitchers. I like that they are going with 12 pitchers, but it does suck that Cairo is off the roster. This means that in the games where Ben Francisco is in the lineup in LF/DH, Eric Bruntlett is our only right handed bat off the bench. But we need Bruntlett for the late inning speed factor. So I guess no matter what they would have done, there would have been a down side. I personally would have gone with 11 pitchers and subbed Myers in for Antonio Bastardo and kept both Cairo and Bruntlett, but I completely understand why they want a deep bullpen. And for the games up in NY chances are they won't really need to go too far into the bench.

Edited by Phightins09

Another interesting fact...

If the Phillies win the World Series, Pedro Martinez will become the first pitcher ever to have a Cy Young award and a World Series championship in both leagues.

I think that is pretty cool/interesting.

Edited by Phightins09

Phillies lineup...

Rollins SS

Victorino CF

Utley 2B

Howard 1B

Werth RF

Ibanez DH

Francisco LF

Feliz 3B

Ruiz C

Yankees lineup...