Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Weak match ups, still should be a solid series, Bay and Wright both starting to hit, this could be a turning point

Hamels-Pelfrey has potential.

Brian Schneider activated from DL and Paul Hoover designated for assignment. Kind of sucks because I am guessing he won't clear waivers since there are a bunch of teams in the market for a backup catcher. The Phillies have absolutely no catching depth so losing him will kind of suck.

Brian Schneider activated from DL and Paul Hoover designated for assignment. Kind of sucks because I am guessing he won't clear waivers since there are a bunch of teams in the market for a backup catcher. The Phillies have absolutely no catching depth so losing him will kind of suck.

Ya the Mets were really lucky to find serviceable catchers in Barajas and Blanco.

Paul Hoover surprisingly cleared waivers, which is a huge deal IMO (as I mentioned before).

Also, mark your calendars. Roy Halladay vs. Josh Johnson on Saturday.

Edited by Phightins

The Phillies have some weird complex that causes them to look horrible against [expletive]-tastic pitchers. I almost wish we could face Johan Santana tomorrow! But on a funny (yet incredibly sad) note, over each team's last 7 games the Flyers have outscored the Phillies 23-15. Perhaps the worst part about this is that Jayson Werth shaved his beard because of the slump :(.

The Yankees against lefties for the first time are laughably bad... I wish I could find a stat somewhere on it. They are pretty good against lefties overall, but show them a lefty for the first time, no matter how good or atrocious he is, and they are absolutely clueless.

Well, I wouldn't read much into Takahashi's start tonight. The Phillies could probably make Oliver Perez look like Randy Johnson at this point.

So, not only are they horrendously bad right now, but they apparently can't catch a damn break either....wow. I understand that all teams go through slumps of some degree during the season, but this passed ridiculous a couple days ago. Unreal.

Overshadowed by all of this is the fact that Cole Hamels has been really really good. Our best starting pitcher over the past 4 weeks.

Also, I don't want to hear one more person complain about the Phillies having the three extra home games against Toronto. It is no more or less fair than the Braves having three more games against the Pirates than anyone else in the NL East, or that the Phillies play the Cardinals 8 times this season while some other NL East teams play them as little as four or five times, or that the Phillies interleague schedule includes 12 games against the Yankees, Red Sox, and Twins. As long as there is interleague baseball, the schedules will never be completely fair.