Philadelphia Phillies 2010

Phightins

Sounds like it's a grade 2 calf strain, which means an almost guaranteed DL stint. [expletive]. Quite the downer considering how well everything else has gone this year. And he was playing so well. We'll probably know more tomorrow, but chances are the Phillies will feed us their typical bull[expletive], as usual when one of their big time players gets hurt.

So, the Phillies still haven't said anything about Jimmy's MRI, but there is video footage of him leaving the hospital after his MRI in a boot and with a bad limp. Doesn't look good...

With that said, I am anxiously awaiting Ruben Amaro Jr.'s press conference so I can find out how he plans on bull[expletive]ting the media/fans this time.

No surprise after that start by moyer.

Yeah, only reason he is in the rotation is because they are paying him $8 million. Kyle Kendrick deserves the spot way more (Kendrick is in it now temporarily until Blanton gets back, but after that he will likely go to AAA). Kendrick didn't have the best of starts last week either, but I am way more comfortable with him as the 5th starter than Moyer.

So, Jimmy Rollins is officially on the disabled list. Ruben is saying "2-4 weeks". That seems like kind of a light estimate. I am getting sick of Ruben's bull[expletive]. I really hope he's right, but if he is not back in that time frame I hope somebody calls him out on this. He lies about EVERY injury.

Anywho, former New York Mets great Wilson Valdez has been called up to take his spot on the roster.

Werth isn't going to the DL. He says he could have played tonight. He actually came in to pinch hit and he looked fine running the bases and will be back in the lineup tomorrow apparently.

JA Happ has a 0 ERA through 2 starts, but it's about as bad as 2 starts could be without giving up an earned run. 8 walks in 10.1 IP (6 walks in 5.1 IP today). Was at 100 pitches (or so) by the 5th inning in both starts. Better to be lucky than good, I suppose.

Matchups for Phillies/Marlins series...

Tonight: Anibal Sanchez vs. Roy Halladay

Tomorrow: Ricky Nolasco vs. Jamie Moyer

Sunday: Nate Robertson vs. Cole Hamels

I am going tomorrow night. Kind of disappointed because Halladay was originally scheduled to pitch and it would have been his CBP debut. But they bumped him up to tonight and I get to see Jamie Moyer instead...

Wow, I was going to say that Cantu's hit/RBI streak was snapped after the eighth inning ended, but I decided to wait just in case things got crazy with Halladay leaving. And what do you know, Cantu came up to the plate with a RISP in the ninth inning and could have kept the streak alive in a major comeback.

They never hit in cold weather. Got lucky with really warm weather to start the year, then what do you know...weather gets cold the past 2 days and they stop hitting.

Cole Hamels looked very good at least.

The Phillies are coming down with New York Mets syndrome. The injury list grows larger. Brad Lidge, JC Romero Joe Blanton, JA Happ, Jimmy Rollins, and now Placido Polanco.

The Phillies are coming down with New York Mets syndrome. The injury list grows larger. Brad Lidge, JC Romero Joe Blanton, JA Happ, Jimmy Rollins, and now Placido Polanco.

what is going on with philly teams. ive never seen this many key injuries between the phillies and flyers at one time

hopefully it doesnt carry over to the eagles.