New York Mets 2010

fish7718

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha idgaf about Torre back in NY, it just makes [expletive]ing sense. He's the type of manager they need. He can handle NY, the media, and the players extremely well.

But yeah, he's a former Yankee coach, so hope against it... Sensible.

You deserve all the Mets misery you get... And you don't even watch the games.

Haha idgaf about Torre back in NY, it just makes [expletive]ing sense. He's the type of manager they need. He can handle NY, the media, and the players extremely well.

But yeah, he's a former Yankee coach, so hope against it... Sensible.

You deserve all the Mets misery you get... And you don't even watch the games.

Any manager that knows how to win a game makes sense. Not just Torre we don't need 1 specific type of manager, just 1 that knows how to win.

The reason I root against it is not that he was a Yankee, it's because of the Yankees annoying horrible fan base, and yes it is sensible. When you are in my shoes.

lol ok? If you think I'm insulted by the post then think again.

So... You don't want the best managing candidate because Yankee fans will... Make fun of you?

Well thought out. You must make great life decisions. :lol:

Best managing candidate? lol k

Now my life decisions are being called out too? :lol:

Wishing misery upon me

Calling out my fanhood

Then calling out my life

You a little insecure there brah?

Insecure? I'm good bro... My team's going to the playoffs. Went for over a decade under the guy you don't want too...

I'm good, I just think it's funny that you wail about the Mets franchise and then turn the stink eye at a perfect fit because... he used to manage the Yankees. It's senseless.

Whatevs.

Insecure? I'm good bro... My team's going to the playoffs. Went for over a decade under the guy you don't want too...

I'm good, I just think it's funny that you wail about the Mets franchise and then turn the stink eye at a perfect fit because... he used to manage the Yankees. It's senseless.

Whatevs.

I just think it's funny that the only thing you've done in this thread is try and attack me rather than make a point of why Torre is such a perfect fit. Did the Mets really have more talent than the LA Dodgers did this year? Torre is far from a perfect fit, and yes I'd rather get it done with our own guy than have to call on Torre so he can come in here and be the hero. May sound silly to you but you don't live the in the shadow of the Yankees. So until you live every day having to hear the "27" and this other happy horse "we are better than you" bull[expletive] you cannot judge me.

You still haven't listed a better candidate.

I don't think I need to reason with you as to why Torre's a good manager and candidate, we both know what he is.

I'm pointing out your flawed logic because I think it's a completely narrow minded viewpoint. You can't turn down what's best for your club because it used to reside across town... The stupid jabs were jokes, I even attached smilies :(

I don't know if there is any manager who can turn that team into a winner right away. From my understanding, they will not be pursuing any big name FA's (not that there are a whole lot out there anyway), so the Mets may be in for another long season regardless of who is managing.

You still haven't listed a better candidate.

I don't think I need to reason with you as to why Torre's a good manager and candidate, we both know what he is.

I'm pointing out your flawed logic because I think it's a completely narrow minded viewpoint. You can't turn down what's best for your club because it used to reside across town... The stupid jabs were jokes, I even attached smilies :(

I wouldn't expect you to understand what it's like. Just like I don't try to understand certain things about Yankees fans as opposed to just mocking them. After being inferior to the Yankee for what like the past 15 years it's really difficult to accept the only way to get out of this shadow is from the help of a "Yankee", Torre isn't a bad coach and I'd accept it if happened, I'd be pissed for the reasons I just stated, but of course he isn't a bad coach. I wouldn't say perfect fit because I really don't think there is a perfect fit. I don't know if there is anyone who fits our team better, whatever we'll see.

Edited by STATCity

NEW YORK -- Seeking to distance themselves from the disappointments of recent seasons, the Mets announced on Monday that they removed Omar Minaya from his post as general manager and declined to exercise their one-year option on manager Jerry Manuel's contract.

"Today, we let our GM and manager go and we are all responsible here," chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon said during a news conference at Citi Field. "Ownership is responsible. Our GM and manager are responsible. The entire organization is responsible. It was a difficult day for the ownership and the organization.

"We need someone who will instill and promote a winning culture through all levels of our organization. That process will begin today in our new search for a general manager."

Source

So I guess some good news the day after I have to watch the 2 teams I hate most in MLB go to the playoffs. Sort of bittersweet, I hated Jerry as a manger, liked him as person. Hated Minaya as a person, rubbed me the wrong way, but I thought he got a lot more criticism than he deserved as a GM. However that comes along with being a GM in NY. Excited to see who replace them and the team next year. LGM!!!

Fish...

This may sound crazy, but since it looks like the Mets are headed towards a semi-rebuild, if you are the GM, do you consider putting David Wright and Jose Reyes on the trading block? As an outsider, I'd probably make Wright the only untouchable guy on the team and I'd absolutely take offers for Reyes. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Fish...

This may sound crazy, but since it looks like the Mets are headed towards a semi-rebuild, if you are the GM, do you consider putting David Wright and Jose Reyes on the trading block? As an outsider, I'd probably make Wright the only untouchable guy on the team and I'd absolutely take offers for Reyes. Thoughts?

Absolutely not. That's why I'd fear being the GM of the Mets. I wouldn't trade Reyes for Lincecum. I don't feel it's a good idea to trade young cornerstones of a franchise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
November 17, 2010

METS MANAGER SEARCH UPDATE FROM GM SANDY ALDERSON

Dear Mets Fan:

As you might have heard last night or this morning, we have completed the first round of interviews in the search for our new Manager.

We've invited Bob Melvin, Wally Backman, Terry Collins, and Chip Hale back for a second round of interviews while we are at the MLB meetings in Orlando. We are meeting with Bob and Chip today; and with Wally and Terry tomorrow.

We thank the four finalists and the other six candidates - Dave Jauss, DeMarlo Hale, Clint Hurdle, Don Wakamatsu, Ken Oberkfell, and Jose Oquendo -- for their interest in the position and their time to interview. We will continue discussions with Dave and Ken about their roles in the organization and wish all the others the best of success.

Throughout the search, we've had productive and candid dialogue with every candidate, all of whom had good ideas toward how again we become a winning club. We expect to have a decision before Thanksgiving and look forward to sharing that news soon.

Thank you for your ongoing interest and support.

Sincerely,

Sandy Alderson

Sandy Alderson

General Manager

Source - My E-mail

I'd love Wally Backman, and I'm sure a lot of media outlets and fans of outrageous managing would love him too. I just don't see guys quitting Wally.

• 3 weeks later...

Terry Collins it is!

who? :lol:

Mets lose Elvin Ramirez in the rule 5 draft, I guess he was a fire baller who never really put it together, 23 could be something in the future if he figures it out

We got 5 players though including Brad Emaus a 24 yr old 2B who posted an .890 ops @ AAA last year in 76 and Pedro Beato a 24 year old reliever who posted a 2.11 ERA in 59 innings @ AA last year, looks like both players could be serviceable all in all nice haul!

who? :lol:

Mets lose Elvin Ramirez in the rule 5 draft, I guess he was a fire baller who never really put it together, 23 could be something in the future if he figures it out

We got 5 players though including Brad Emaus a 24 yr old 2B who posted an .890 ops @ AAA last year in 76 and Pedro Beato a 24 year old reliever who posted a 2.11 ERA in 59 innings @ AA last year, looks like both players could be serviceable all in all nice haul!

Also picked up former Phillies prospect Quintin Berry! Hah, I remember when he was actually a good prospect.