New York Mets 2010

fish7718

Compare this team to the team in 2008 that missed the playoffs by 1 game and then tell me why we cant make the playoffs.

The only thing you did was compare the Mets to the Nationals which is absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't compare the Mets to the Nationals, I compare your comment to the situation of any other team in the league. Obviously if you say "if our flaws are fixed, we'll make the playoffs" it has a reasonable chance of happening... But I am pointing out that any team in the league can say the same exact thing.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't compare the Mets to the Nationals, I compare your comment to the situation of any other team in the league. Obviously if you say "if our flaws are fixed, we'll make the playoffs" it has a reasonable chance of happening... But I am pointing out that any team in the league can say the same exact thing.

Yes but the Mets flaw is very small and can be fixed with just the signing of Jarrod Washburn really.

Well, they're 23rd in runs, 28th in starter ERA, 19th in HR, 20th in SLG%, etc.

A lot is remedied by Beltran's return, but I also think they need a definite upgrade over Jacobs at 1B. That kid from ST is tearing it up in AAA from what I've heard.

Washburn would be a nice signing, I can agree with that.

Well, they're 23rd in runs, 28th in starter ERA, 19th in HR, 20th in SLG%, etc.

A lot is remedied by Beltran's return, but I also think they need a definite upgrade over Jacobs at 1B. That kid from ST is tearing it up in AAA from what I've heard.

Washburn would be a nice signing, I can agree with that.

Def, even Murphy is an upgrade over Jacobs at this point. Ike Davis should be up in month or two if he continues to rake like this. The offense has staggered but I believe it's all about getting Beltran back and getting Jose back to being Jose. Once that happens we should get up to being 8th-15th in runs. If we get pitching in citi field we have a pen that can hold that lead. All starts with starters.

Mets (3-6) @ Cardinals (6-3)

April 16th 8:15 PM: Oliver Perez (0-1) 6.35 ERA Vs Chris Carpenter (1-0) 5.73 ERA LOSS 4-3 | WP: Chris Carpenter (2-0) | LP: Fernando Nieve (0-1) | Save: Ryan Franklin (4) | Mets player of the game: Oliver Perez (1)

April 17th 4:10 PM: Johan Santana (1-1) 4.91 ERA Vs Jaime Garcia (1-0) 1.50 ERA WIN 2-1 (20) | WP: Francisco Rodriguez (1-0) | LP: Joe Mather (0-1) | Save: Mike Pelfrey | Mets player of the game: Johan Santana (2)

April 18th 8:05 PM: John Maine (0-1) 13.50 ERA Vs Adam Wainwright (2-0) 1.20 ERA LOSS 5-3 | WP: Adam Wainwright | LP: Tobi Stoner (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Angel Pagan (1)

Edited by Fish7718

Damn, spoke too soon, Carpenter had the better start. Manuel's coaching decisions are so suspect. Why is a rookie pitching in the 7th inning of a 1 run game when Felciiano is available? Igarashi the clear guy you'd want in the 8th against Craig Pujols Molina and Freese. Terrible. Jerry Manuel is just a terrible manager.

Cubs (5-7) Vs Mets (4-8)

Randy Wells (1-0) 2.92 ERA Vs Jon Niese (0-1) 6.55 ERA WIN 6-1 | WP: Fernando Nieve (1-1) | LP: James Russell (0-1) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Ike Davis (1)

Carlos Zambrano (1-1) 9.45 ERA Vs Mike Pelfrey (2-0) 1.29 ERA WIN 4-0 | WP: Mike Pelfrey (3-0) | LP: Carlos zambrano (1-2) | Save: None | Mets player of the game: Jose Reyes (1)

Carlos Silva (1-0) 0.69 ERA Vs Oliver Perez (0-1) 3.75 ERA LOSS 3-9 | WP: Carlos Silva (2-0) | LP: Oliver Perez (0-2) | Save: None | Mets Player of the game: Rod Barajas (2)

Tom Gorzelanny (0-1) 1.93 Vs Johan Santana (1-1) 3.00 ERA WIN 5-2 | WP: Johan Santana (2-1) | LP: Tom Gorzelanny (0-2) | Save: Francisco Rodriguez (1) | Mets player of the game: Johan Santana (3)

Edited by Fish7718

Glee is the gayest thing on TV, second only to the NY Mets

Once you realize that what you just said doesn't even make sense you will realize the I don't care what you say about the Mets, and never will.

Edited by Fish7718

Fish, come down here next Saturday afternoon for the game. You'll get to meet me and Diesel :)

Tempting but I don't know if I want to get vomited on ;), I'd actually get a couple guys together and make the trip if finals week wasn't in 2 weeks, over the summer I will.

Tempting but I don't know if I want to get vomited on ;), I'd actually get a couple guys together and make the trip if finals week wasn't in 2 weeks, over the summer I will.

Yeah. Tickets are so hard to come by this year too. So plan in advance, lol.