Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I always hate it when people say eat a ton of food. Its easier said then done. I would eat all day if I could, unfortunately food costs money and I dont have food lieing around for me to eat 24/7.

Its not that expensive to eat like a bodybuilder.

Get a 10 pound bag of serious mass which is 40$, mix it in a blender with milk everyday and you'll gain 15-20 pounds in 5-6 months.

Like small things? Not full meals?

I'm guessing 2 (maybe 3) actual meals and then things like apple sauce, granola bars, etc. every few hours.

----

***I'm also interested in trying Oxy Elite Pro if anyone has some experience with that.

Yea, eat your typical 3 meals, but try two squeeze an extra 2 or 3 snacks in there...could be like a bar or a protein shake or whatever. Just make sure your body is always breaking down food, but you also need to be working out during the week or else you are just going to store most of the food. Also make sure you are drinking a lot of water.

Is it possible to gain muscle while burning fat? I have been trying for a few weeks now and it is not getting me anywhere. I have been cutting back on my calories but eating way more chicken and protein. All that happened is that I dropped like 2 pounds but I look exactly the same muscle wise.

Just wondering how all these actors can gain 20 pounds of muscle and lose fat in like six months but it has taken me like a year and a half of working out to gain 10 pounds without gaining fat.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started working out 4 times a week now and it really helps....allows me to cut down the amount of time I work out per day, and gives me time to run a mile before workout, which I will start doing once my classes are done.

Also, Optium Nutrition's cookies and cream whey protein tastes too good to be protein lol

Edited by SRV

Well I am at 182 right now, from 160, and my cut begins in 3 weeks, getting that summer body.

Cant eat 4000-5000 calories anymore so I am gonna have to get to 2500, have to eat a lot of fruits, salad, gotta switch skim milk for the current milk I have I am gonna use Syntha 6, and in general just try and eat healthy, also no fast food or soda -_-.

and in general just try and eat healthy, also no fast food or soda -_-.

Exactly, if your base diet is not healthy your body will not perform the way you want it too. Your body needs sugar but natural sugar from fruits are always better than a Snickers bar, the green vegetables in salad's give you the vitamins that your body needs, and foods rich in protein help as well.

I went my whole life never eating fruits or vegetables....this last month I have been eating so much Subway with lettuce and tomatoes, that now I just throw tomatoes and lettuce on everything to disguise the taste. I tried a salad by itself last week and I could not for the life of me understand all the hype around salad, it tasted awful.

Exactly, if your base diet is not healthy your body will not perform the way you want it too. Your body needs sugar but natural sugar from fruits are always better than a Snickers bar, the green vegetables in salad's give you the vitamins that your body needs, and foods rich in protein help as well.

I could care less about eating on the healthy side, just want to consume 2500 calories with minimal carbs and fats which will help me cut a lot of weight.

I dunno about the no carbs thing, you really will need it when you are cutting. I consume a lot of carbs and I have lost a lot of fat in about 2 months. I was not fat to begin with, but I went from just skinny with no definition to being able to kind of see my abs and shape of my muscles now. Just eat complex carbs.

I dunno about the no carbs thing, you really will need it when you are cutting. I consume a lot of carbs and I have lost a lot of fat in about 2 months. I was not fat to begin with, but I went from just skinny with no definition to being able to kind of see my abs and shape of my muscles now. Just eat complex carbs.

I am gonna take in a decent amount of carbs but I will eat much less of it than before while keeping my protein intake around 180 grams.

So recently added deadlift/squat in my routine and have been improving.

Squat is at 205 for 7x, but I am sure thats gonna sky rocket.

Deadlift is at 225 for 6x, which should sky rocket too.

Current goal is to get 315 max for both, with a 225 bench.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Has anyone heard of RushFit? The training programme by Georges Saint-Pierre? My friends a cage fighter and he reccomended it to me. Basically it's a 8 week workout and will get your body fat ridiculously low if you do it right. So if you're in the process of cutting it'll work a treat - Getting your fitness up very high too. There's like 6 videos each like 1 hour 30 long, focussing on different areas of training. It comes with a nutrition guide etc too. I've just downloaded it, so gonna give it a go starting Monday. Worth like 90 dollars if you actually want the discs etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Cutting blows....I feel like such a wuss. I used to be able to curl 40 pound weights for at least 10 reps with decent form now when I pick up the 40's I feel like I am lifting a car. Might be that or the fact that I haven't been using creatine so I feel very tired.

Cutting blows....I feel like such a wuss. I used to be able to curl 40 pound weights for at least 10 reps with decent form now when I pick up the 40's I feel like I am lifting a car. Might be that or the fact that I haven't been using creatine so I feel very tired.

Not bad, I curl 35 only like 7-8x.

Yea, well now I can only do 25 comfortably and 30's for 2 sets max. Not really concerned about that, but it feels bad knowing that at one point I was able to lift 10 pounds heavier.

• 2 weeks later...

So my bulk ended I managed to go from 160 to 182, and I have now begun my cut.

My meals have been looking like this

1. Tuna Fish (2.5 servings) and Whole-grain bread

2. 1 serving of peanuts/1 serving of beef jerky

3. Syntha 6 with Skim Milk

4. 6 cooked eggs

5. Sandwich using whole grain bread, smoked meat and cheese.

Gets me around 2200 calories, low amounts of fats (mostly healthy fats from the tuna + peanuts), quite a few carbs and close to 180 grams of protein.

I also lift weights like normal but do 10-12 reps of everything for muscle endurance, and am about to do 10-15 mins of boxing for cardio, and also I have stopped drinking soda, eating fast food and drink beer to a minimum.

This makes a perfect cutting diet.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Slaven Syntha 6 has a bunch of unnecessary fillers and shit bro.

Next time you buy protein try this. Its a bit more expensive but it does give you more protein per scoop also so it aint all that bad.

http://nutrishoporlando.com/images/protein7.png

Slaven Syntha 6 has a bunch of unnecessary fillers and shit bro.

Next time you buy protein try this. Its a bit more expensive but it does give you more protein per scoop also so it aint all that bad.

http://nutrishoporlando.com/images/protein7.png

I could care less about fillers, it gives me the right amount of protein/carbs/fats/calories I need in my diet. I don't think changing the brand name is not gonna give me any special results.