Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I've been in such a slump recently.. I've been working out for almost a full month now and I don't see ANY results. I know its only a month, but I should at least see some results. I've lost maybe 5-6 lbs total, which sucks for a month.

I've been in such a slump recently.. I've been working out for almost a full month now and I don't see ANY results. I know its only a month, but I should at least see some results. I've lost maybe 5-6 lbs total, which sucks for a month.

P90X!!!! Join us lol :lol:

Yep, right here. I recommend doing the Classic schedule, that's what I'm doing and I assume everyone else is as well:

http://www.p90xmomma.com/p90x-classic-schedule.php

It's divided into 3 phases, each consisting of about 30 days (just incase the "phase" thing was confusing).

Thanks man, appreciate the assistance... starting tonight, just got my pull up bar. 17 innings of baseball in 100º weather yesterday, I hope I can make it through :lol:

Thanks man, appreciate the assistance... starting tonight, just got my pull up bar. 17 innings of baseball in 100º weather yesterday, I hope I can make it through :lol:

Lol good luck man, Day 1 kicked my [expletive]. It gets easier as you get used to the intensity though. :)

P90X!!!! Join us lol :lol:

haha I'm starting P90x in September. I already signed up for 3 months at the gym and I dont feel like wasting $90 for no reason. I can wait, get a better foundation to work out with, and maybe be able to do a pullup when I've done my 3 month cut at the gym.

Just finished P90X day 1, didn't do it last night because all of my door frames suck balls and I had to nail in a wood strip today to hang the pull up bar from. [expletive] kicked my [expletive].. I almost gave up after the first round of exercises, but I finished and I'm glad that I did. Ab Ripper X was honestly like a cool down for me, glad the first day is over. Got nice and swole though! :lol:

Yoga tomorrow (well today technically)... I'm actually looking forward to it. It's time consuming, yeah, but damn it's the most natural high you could ever have. I feel so good when I'm done despite all the sweat.

My friend burning me p90x on disc for me wooo. I told him i dont need everything but he going to anyway. I only care about ab ripper x since ill do that more often and ill continue what i been doing which is lifting weights in gym.

The schedule has you doing Ab Ripper X every other day anyway so you should try the program out.

Ok, yesterday was not so bad, but today my triceps feel like they're going to rip out of my skin when I bend my arm. Definitely a terrible pain.

Yeah, I know the feeling man. Try lifting your arms above your head. :lol:

Did back & biceps along with some abs today.

- 3 sets of as many pull-ups as you can

- 3 sets of 10 lat pull downs at 100 lbs

- 3 sets of 10 another back exercise (forgot the name) at 140 lbs

- 3 sets of10 seated rows at 100 lbs each

- 3 sets of 10 barbell curls at 75

- 3 sets of 10 dumbell curls with 25's in each arm

- 3 sets of 10 of the curling machine at 65 lbs.

- 2 sets of situps holding a 25 lb. weight

So ive been doing this ab ripper x thing. Ive done the full thing like 4 times in a week. I really dont feel sore at all, I even do 100 crunches after I finish it. Im starting to see a little bit of results, still trying to lose some flab though, running will help with that I think. But heres my question can I do this ab ripper workout every day if I feel ok? Or at least 2-3 days in a row til I feel sore? I want results faster.

Also how much do I need to run in order for these ab workouts to be effective?

Edited by kingfish

Nah man you gotta do Ab Ripper every other day. Abs are like other muscles in the body in that they shouldn't be worked everyday. Muscles grow the most when they are at rest so you definitely want to take some downtime from working your abs at least a day after each workout. It may take some time to see results, but they'll definitely come.

Nah man you gotta do Ab Ripper every other day. Abs are like other muscles in the body in that they shouldn't be worked everyday. Muscles grow the most when they are at rest so you definitely want to take some downtime from working your abs at least a day after each workout. It may take some time to see results, but they'll definitely come.

Alright I got ya but what about the fat burning process? I still have a little bit of flab on my stomach. Im not fat by any means but theres definitely some body fat on my stomach. Should I just run that off in the meantime or what?

Alright I got ya but what about the fat burning process? I still have a little bit of flab on my stomach. Im not fat by any means but theres definitely some body fat on my stomach. Should I just run that off in the meantime or what?

Yup. Do lots of cardio and don't eat junk food.