Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

I did day 1 today as well, it was rough but I didn't puke lol... I had a sandwich about a half hour before I did it.... the pushups and pullups were rough as hell, especially the 2nd round through.... I haven't got a sweat on like that in a LONG time. I had to buy one of the pull-up bars for 40 bucks, it was pretty good, I just couldn't do the wide grip pullups or whatever they are called, which is fine, I just did another set of something else.

The pull-ups were the biggest struggle for me... I know for next time not to go so hard on the first round, I was pretty much dead the 2nd time through.

All I have right now is the resistance cords and a pair of 25 lbs dumbells, I need to wait until next paycheck to buy some more dumbells lol, [expletive] is expensive.... I will probably just buy the dumbell bars and a few 10 lbs plates and some 5's too.

But overall, I will probably be feeling this a lot more tomorrow. Gotta work tonight, I won't be moving at all haha.

Weighing in on day one at 5'10 151 lbs.

Get ready for Plyo X lol your legs are going to burn like hell the entire day.

I [expletive]ing hate leg workouts to begin with lol, oh well my arms will be in no condition to be doing any sort of push ups lol.

Yo is it a good idea to get those supplements and [expletive] (I saw you talking about whey protein and [expletive]?)? I no literally nothing about that stuff, someone school me.... if it going to help my get better results then point me in the right direction.

I [expletive]ing hate leg workouts to begin with lol, oh well my arms will be in no condition to be doing any sort of push ups lol.

Yo is it a good idea to get those supplements and [expletive] (I saw you talking about whey protein and [expletive]?)? I no literally nothing about that stuff, someone school me.... if it going to help my get better results then point me in the right direction.

I take protein drinks after workouts, but not the P90X ones since they're pretty expensive and, well in my opinion, a regular protein shake would probably be just as effective lol.

I don't know MUCH about supplements, but I know a little..

Whey protein is supposed to be taken when you wake up [body starved all night] and after a workout. It is there to help speed up the recovery of muscles, so your muscles won't hurt and they will grow slightly faster. It's good because you'll get more gains/lose more weight with this in a faster period of time. Also take a multivitamin, because it will contain many things that 99% of people who don't take them won't get in their diet. You could take fat buners but they just give you an energy boost and boost your metabolism a little so I wouldn't reccomend those right now.

Also eat 3 meals a day with 3 smaller snacks 2-3 hours after each meal.

So i did day 1 of p90x and boy was that a [expletive]ing workout..but i pulled through. The only issue is that i didn't have the pull-up bar which i am buying tomorrow morning so should i just continue or restart teh whole thing?

So you only did the pushups/dumbbell stuff? You should definitely get a pullup bar though if you want legit back results. I believe at least 2 of the workouts use the pullup bar.

So you only did the pushups/dumbbell stuff? You should definitely get a pullup bar though if you want legit back results. I believe at least 2 of the workouts use the pullup bar.

Yea i did the pushup workouts, dumbbbells and also ab ripper x is part of day 1...so should i just continue or restart the whole thing? Im getting a pullup bar tomorrow.

Yea i did the pushup workouts, dumbbbells and also ab ripper x is part of day 1...so should i just continue or restart the whole thing? Im getting a pullup bar tomorrow.

Just continue, but get that pullup bar ASAP. You repeat the first week 3 times, which means you'll be seeing Chest and Back a couple more times so you didn't really lose anything. Missing just part of one workout won't kill ya. ;)

Just continue, but get that pullup bar ASAP. You repeat the first week 3 times, which means you'll be seeing Chest and Back a couple more times so you didn't really lose anything. Missing just part of one workout won't kill ya. ;)

Alright thanks man. Also i can't follow the nutrition guide with p90x so can you give me some good advice on what my diet should be?

Im thinking this but idk if it's enough for such tough p90x workouts.

Breakfast - Oatmeal + Fruit

Snack - Protein Bar

Lunch - Chicken + Steamed Veggies

Snack - Fruits

Workout

Recovery Drink - Chocolate Milk

Dinner - Turkey Sandwich, + fruits

Snack - Protein Bar

Alright thanks man. Also i can't follow the nutrition guide with p90x so can you give me some good advice on what my diet should be?

Im thinking this but idk if it's enough for such tough p90x workouts.

Breakfast - Oatmeal + Fruit

Snack - Protein Bar

Lunch - Chicken + Steamed Veggies

Snack - Fruits

Workout

Recovery Drink - Chocolate Milk

Dinner - Turkey Sandwich, + fruits

Snack - Protein Bar

I'm not really following the nutrition guide, I'm just eating healthier in general. I have a really good metabolism so the diet isn't as crucial to me. I just make sure I get a good amount of protein per day and avoid really fatty foods. Your schedule sounds pretty good in my opinion.

I'm not really following the nutrition guide, I'm just eating healthier in general. I have a really good metabolism so the diet isn't as crucial to me. I just make sure I get a good amount of protein per day and avoid really fatty foods. Your schedule sounds pretty good in my opinion.

Alright thanks for the info. What day are you on? Hopefully i can stay motivated and keep it up...today is Plyo X!

Also you have any idea on good protein bars?

Edited by Dazed

You need the pull up bar for like a third of the exercises on day 1 lol.

How did Plyo X go?

I just did it and let me tell everyoen who's going to start p90x is..this is a [expletive]ingg challenge. This workout had me sweating like i probably never have before and it was tough as [expletive]. Like Tony said, it is the mother of the workouts..and it is truly crazy. With 20 minutes left to go i was going to quit and not because i couldn't handle it but i felt sick because i ate a lot before...lesson learned! DO NOT eat before this workout. Or any for a matter of fact, atleast an hour and a half before. Hopefully that was the worst of them all this week? I love it though, i pushed through and it i feel great. Tomorrow i will be sore as hell though.

Edited by Dazed