Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

What do you mean by protein, what do you throw in there?

Protein... lol. Got a bucket of it in my house. Just put the necessary serving size in, add a lot of ice, little bit of sugar, then a fruit of your choice. Day one I used a whole banana, day two I used strawberries. Not sure what I'm gonna do for day three tomorrow lol.

Protein... lol. Got a bucket of it in my house. Just put the necessary serving size in, add a lot of ice, little bit of sugar, then a fruit of your choice. Day one I used a whole banana, day two I used strawberries. Not sure what I'm gonna do for day three tomorrow lol.

Like powder? Nice, how did Pylo X go for you?

Plyo X was tough man, luckily I didn't take any extra breaks so I gave myself a pat on the back for that haha. All those seasons of track payed off. :P How bout you?

Well i (stupidly) ate a pretty good-portioned meal like 30 mintues before not knowing what i got myself into and with 20 mintues in i felt sick and i thought i was going to quit but after 2 minutes i pushed my slef through it and im happy. It was really tough and i sweat like crazy but im glad that i had the will to pull through. Im glad someone else is doign this too at the same days, get ready for tomorrow bro!

by the way which protein?

Well i (stupidly) ate a pretty good-portioned meal like 30 mintues before not knowing what i got myself into and with 20 mintues in i felt sick and i thought i was going to quit but after 2 minutes i pushed my slef through it and im happy. It was really tough and i sweat like crazy but im glad that i had the will to pull through. Im glad someone else is doign this too at the same days, get ready for tomorrow bro!

by the way which protein?

Yeah man I'm glad I got someone else on the same day as me. I'm not sure what the protein is called but any good brand of bucket protein should suffice a great recovery drink. And yeah, Plyo X is definitely one you do NOT want to eat before haha. The difficulty wasn't too bad, but my god did I sweat a lot. I mean everywhere, the floor was even kinda wet just from me hoppin around. I can't wait for Shoulders and Arms tomorrow though with the killer Ab Ripper right after. :P

Yeah man I'm glad I got someone else on the same day as me. I'm not sure what the protein is called but any good brand of bucket protein should suffice a great recovery drink. And yeah, Plyo X is definitely one you do NOT want to eat before haha. The difficulty wasn't too bad, but my god did I sweat a lot. I mean everywhere, the floor was even kinda wet just from me hoppin around. I can't wait for Shoulders and Arms tomorrow though with the killer Ab Ripper right after. :P

I think im going to wake up around 7:30 to do it tomorrow..for once im actually excited to workout haha. Great that we got it the same day. Yea Pylo X wasn't so much difficulty just sweat like crazy.

Lol go buy the program like I did. :P

When you get around to it do you mind letting me know the name/brand of the protein. Im nto familiar with those type of things and i wouldn't want to just buy a random one.

Also, for anyone who knows some stuff about protein/bars/etc.

Is a protein shake/bar supposed to eliminate a meal (lets say lunch) or just be a pre/after workout snack.

Thanks.

No, good food is your best friend. Never use a protein shake to replace a meal.

Agreed. Never use it to replace lunch of dinner, but you can definitely use it for a snack. Sometimes when I don't workout I'll drink one during the day for the calories/protein.

Do you suggest using shake/bar just as a snack overall though?

As a snack it can be acceptable but to be honest that's one expensive [expletive] snack.

I would only take whey protein about an hour after you wake up and about 15-20 minutes after you are done with your workout. If you have the money, buy casein protein to take before you go to bed.

Today's workout felt great, I love working shoulders and arms, the one thing you can show off the easiest. :P I had a little "you gotta be kidding me" moment when the workout was done and then I saw the ab ripper logo come up and I'm like "[expletive] I forgot" lol.