Official "Health and Fitness" Thread

Cobb

Yo what size dumbells were you using for the [expletive] today? I gotta pick more up, all I have is some 25's.

30s for curls, 15s for triceps/shoulders. I didn't want to kill myself because of how many different exercises there were.

Sore chest and triceps from hitting the gym yesterday. Was going good on my diet too, until I had some hot pockets. Gotta do better today. Back and biceps.

Haha, I have the same problem. I'll go down for a snack and look in the pantry and see something really that looks really good. :(

Just finished this workout, I can already tell it is going to be one of my favourites... I mainly used resistance bands today mainly because I couldn't even lift my hands above my head in the warm up because I was still so sore from Monday/Tuesday, but they were still rough... I really liked all the things you do in this workout, anything that I had to do over the head was really hard today though.

I had a glass of chocolate milk and a peanut butter sandwich after the workout lol, [expletive] buying all that fancy protein [expletive]. My muscles are going to be aching badly by tonight, I dind't think I was going to be able do today's thing, when during the warm-ups I couldn't even lift my arms up.

3 days in and this [expletive] is already taking a major toll, I'm loving it.

Edited by travesy3

Just finished this workout, I can already tell it is going to be one of my favourites... I mainly used resistance bands today mainly because I couldn't even lift my hands above my head in the warm up because I was still so sore from Monday/Tuesday, but they were still rough... I really liked all the things you do in this workout, anything that I had to do over the head was really hard today though.

I had a glass of chocolate milk and a peanut butter sandwich after the workout lol, [expletive] buying all that fancy protein [expletive]. My muscles are going to be aching badly by tonight, I dind't think I was going to be able do today's thing, when during the warm-ups I couldn't even lift my arms up.

3 days in and this [expletive] is already taking a major toll, I'm loving it.

The protein drinks help you recover faster so you aren't as sore for the next workout, that's why I take them mainly. I was definitely still sore from the first 2 days and I felt that today. It's such good pain though lol. :P

Wow... I just finished Yoga X, and I gotta say I loved it. I am so relaxed right now. My mind is calm, my body feels great and loose, and I just feel positive overall. Can't wait to do it again next week, I was pessimistic about it because its a 90 minute workout of intense positions. I got through it all and damn it was worth it.

Wow... I just finished Yoga X, and I gotta say I loved it. I am so relaxed right now. My mind is calm, my body feels great and loose, and I just feel positive overall. Can't wait to do it again next week, I was pessimistic about it because its a 90 minute workout of intense positions. I got through it all and damn it was worth it.

Great to hear because im gong to start it real soon. Is it as tough as the others, lot of sweat, etc?

Great to hear because im gong to start it real soon. Is it as tough as the others, lot of sweat, etc?

The first 50 or so minutes is tough in terms of maintaining balance while trying to relax the mind. You will sweat a lot (at least I did). Then for about 30 minutes you do less intensity more balance, and then you end with relaxation stretches and it's done. It feels like it takes forever but hell you're gonna feel so good when you finish. Whatever you do don't quit midway through. If you stop during the hard part or don't finish a certain part, you aren't going to feel very good. Do the whole thing until the end and you are going to feel so good for the rest of the day.

Im about to start Yoga X and it says i need Yoga Blocks..i don't have any will that affect the workout?

I don't use any. It's just for when there are positions where you are standing and they want your arm to touch the ground, and if you can't reach the ground while maintaining the proper position, the blocks are big enough, so you can put your hand on them while maintaining the proper form.

Well i just finished Yoga X...and damn am i relaxed. The first half (all the stretching moves) really annoyed me but after that the balance portion (second half of Yoga X) was great and i loved working the abs towards the end. Just drank my recovery Chocolate Milk and im gonna shower and be back here. :)

Glad it went well. Not gonna lie my concentration broke when Tony was doing the "UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" during his meditation pose and I burst out laughing when I heard it hahaha.