The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

I don't think many people play it for the PS3. I may be wrong though.

You are gravely mistaken.

NBA 2k10 sold 2 million copies last year.

I'm sure that like Madden, a good 40-60% of the sales were PS3 users.

You are gravely mistaken.

NBA 2k10 sold 2 million copies last year.

I'm sure that like Madden, a good 40-60% of the sales were PS3 users.

Sorry, I should've made my post more clear, but I was talking about people here on the forums.

NBA 2k11 demo out Sept 14th...

The NBA 2K11 Facebook page has been updated with a demo date of September 14th. You can choose between the Lakers or Celtics.

We will update this post as more details are released.

*UPDATE: The demo will be 1 quarter at 5 minutes, on default pro difficulty. Audio will be stripped down for the demo.

http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=442041

Power of Microsoft...

I got it and to me, it feels different. Better graphics and good, smooth gameplay, although i suck right now

im the same took me like 5 or 6 games to beat the celtics :D

yea, its really not worth downloading because i know im going to get it no matter what but i still did anyway :lol:

its alot smoother thats for sure, more animations which is cool step backs, spins, pump fakes etc.. players shot looks like players shots irl. also seems hard to drive to the basket

one thing i notice was i couldnt backdown?. another cool little feature is that you can play a pf and send someone else to double team the oppositions point guard

Edited by MoeRoadKill

I got the PS3 demo and the only thing you can really see that's new is some of the presentation changes in the intro. The game feels the same as last year, but the speed of the players is different, just something to get used to. Some of the new animations were cool, but really hard to see anything especially new. Just gotta wait for the main game.

One gripe from last year is the frame rate issue last year which made the game almost unplayable at times.

Demo looks pretty good. I love the presentation and shot of staples center in the intro. Looks like you finally get penalized for lead passing with turnovers, and reaching doesnt seem to be that bad anymore as the fouls are more sensitive. And its not ridiculously easy to beat your man off the dribble anymore. I hope its good when the game comes out, I just know there are going to be ways to cheese it though.

Guest Michael Jordan

My impressions after my one quarter...

Positives:

Graphics are much improved

Controls feel much smoother

Court spacing is much better, post players don't cling to each other like last year

Defense is finally making an appearance in a 2k basketball game, I actually have to work hard to get a shot with Fisher unlike last year

Negatives:

Players seem to still be skating like last year's version

The coaches faces don't have the level of detail that the player's do

Shot selection, the AI takes WAY too many shots with Garnett and Perkins

Overall:

The game feels great, I feel way more in control than last year, and I didn't even get to see the most stellar part of the game (the commentary)

Grade: A

(Keep in mind this demo was made in July, this is an EXCELLENT build for a game made a few months ago)

Edited by Michael Jordan
  • Like 2