The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

I understand how you feel mate. When I went out Sunday looking to see whether shops have them in stock I was thinking: "I'll be fine without 2k11 for a week or so, no biggie."

Then today I went out to a EB and saw them putting the discs into the boxes at lunch I was thinking: "Why did I have to pre-order!?"

It didn't help either that I was holding onto the last copy on display for the 360 version and a guy who got it just before I was looking at the box art was saying: "Gotta have it now." :lol:

MAN...sucks. I seriously don't have $60 to spare this month. I'm about to go punch a snake in the throat.

You're not the only one. That 60 bucks can go a long way in gas money for me to get to my college classes, lol.

This game is amazing. I played a few games before I tried the new modes, and I haven't played a more realistic game since 2k7. I played a Heat/Lakers game and it was sick. Association mode is better, and my player mode is solid. I wanted to see what the Cavs team looked like in the Jordan mode and it's insane. The detail put into each of the moments is honorable. So much to do in this game. I'm sure I'll have fun.

I know I was iffy about getting the game, so if anyone has second thoughts, just get the game.

I'll answer any questions.

Wow.. i loved it.

Jordan made is A++++++, the detail, commentary, everything is excellent. I played the flu game, and you can see jordan looking exactly as he did in the game. incredible.

havent played a quick nba game, but the presentation is amazing. great game, best sports game ive played in a while.

one bad thing: the crowd noise is really annoying sometimes.. it gets really high and low every few seconds.. i dunno if thats just me.

but overall IGN didnt lie. 9.5/10

This game is hard, i lost to the lakers for opening game by like 15+ points, and first jordan challenge of 63 points, i had the points but not the assist and my shooting % was 45 not 50+. ; |

Overall, DA BULLLSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

we have our own video game, [expletive]es :glasses:

The refs are starting to piss me off in this game they always bail out the heat even when they are fading away or on a pointless drive the refs bail them out and give them free throws.

Needless to say this game is pretty realistic. :lol:

Yeah this is real hard.

Anyone finding passing in My Player hard?

yea my player is hella hard, which is good. but if you do one thing wrong you lose so much of the 'bar'

i started a 6'9' pf and was draft to the hawks 24th pick, might start again tho :lol:

i turned the crowed down so low so i could hear the commentators, haven't played the MJ challenge yet ill prob try it out tonight

yea my player is hella hard, which is good. but if you do one thing wrong you lose so much of the 'bar'

i started a 6'9' pf and was draft to the hawks 24th pick, might start again tho :lol:

i turned the crowed down so low so i could hear the commentators, haven't played the MJ challenge yet ill prob try it out tonight

Australians say hella too? :o lol

I wasn't going to buy this until around Christmas when the price would drop (if I was even going to buy it at all), but Wal-Mart was offering it for $50 bucks instead of $60 today and as an employee there, I get a 10% discount so I picked it up after I got off of work.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm definitely hoping I like the game a lot more than the demo, which I found pretty lackluster. The Jordan mode seems interesting and My Player sounds like it should be very good as well (I haven't bought a basketball game since 2K9 or 8). I'm definitely hoping that the Association Mode (is it still called that?) is a lot better than the last one I played, though. I was pretty disapointed with it back then.

All in all, my expectations aren't all that high, but I figured for $50 bucks, I might as well buy it.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

This game is ridiculous. I got the first 2 Jordan challenges easily. Played in a tournament today, got to the finals with the Thunder and then got blown out by the Heat. Its not fair to play against them lol.

Haven't tried Association yet. I think I wanna master these Jordan challenges first.

• Owner

Just got back from Wal-Mart, and I have an awesome story.

I bought 2k11, two Twix bars and some printer ink. Paid $30.

Basically, my card didn't scan correctly the first time (after he scanned the game), so I re-scanned my card, entered the pin, and waited. Once he swiped everything, it came out to be $30.02 and I just kind of stood there, looking at the dude's face and wondering if he was just really sleepy or high.

Then I thought about how Wal-Mart ripped me off on my 2k9 game two years ago (they wouldn't take it back...I opened it and found it cracked), so I just looked over at Terry, grabbed the bag and said, "Thanks."

2k11 = free.

I got taken 2nd round 3rd overall by the Kings, I'm a 6'1 all around PG. I had a good camp against Bledsoe, but my 1 game vs John Wall I had a D rating, I should have just quit but oh well.

How long did it take you to get to the NBA?

Just got back from Wal-Mart, and I have an awesome story.

I bought 2k11, two Twix bars and some printer ink. Paid $30.

Basically, my card didn't scan correctly the first time (after he scanned the game), so I re-scanned my card, entered the pin, and waited. Once he swiped everything, it came out to be $30.02 and I just kind of stood there, looking at the dude's face and wondering if he was just really sleepy or high.

Then I thought about how Wal-Mart ripped me off on my 2k9 game two years ago (they wouldn't take it back...I opened it and found it cracked), so I just looked over at Terry, grabbed the bag and said, "Thanks."

2k11 = free.

Wait so they forgot to scan the game or something? :lol:

• Owner

Wait so they forgot to scan the game or something? :lol:

Nah, he scanned it right in front of me, and it beeped (you know, the scan noise, lol). It just didn't log on the register, or something.

I have a feeling that me scanning my credit card for a second time killed the sale, somehow. Not my place to know. I probably would've said something, but with how Wal-Mart ripped me off two years ago, [expletive] them.

Nah, he scanned it right in front of me, and it beeped (you know, the scan noise, lol). It just didn't log on the register, or something.

I have a feeling that me scanning my credit card for a second time killed the sale, somehow. Not my place to know. I probably would've said something, but with how Wal-Mart ripped me off two years ago, [expletive] them.

Haha nice one. I definitely would have done the same thing. :D