The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

WOW. I just finished a game of my player. Probably my best game. I hit quit...and it FREEZES

just retried it. Froze again, even better performance, but the thing that I hate is that it was a key game.

Edited by Zolor23

WOW. I just finished a game of my player. Probably my best game. I hit quit...and it FREEZES

just retried it. Froze again, even better performance, but the thing that I hate is that it was a key game.

My buddies 2k11 does the same thing, ur only choice is to simulate the game to get past it

I gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with your dedication to this

i agree^.... these are damn good. i would never have the patience to do something like that :lol:

Thanks guys.

BTW, I didn't like the way I made Cappie Pondexter. Some players have harder faces to copy than others, and some are pretty much impossible. So anyway, I made some changes...

Before:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture38-1.png

After:

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv40/The_Poe/Picture36-1.png

And that's the third time I edited her face. The first one was awful.

http://www.wnba.com/liberty/photos/cappie100824.jpg

Looks good enough.

How long did it take you to make the WNBA roster thing?

Hours... with just 4 teams up for download at the moment.

Unfortunately 2K doesn't have the most efficient player making system, not just talking about the looks but the ratings and the tendencies and whatnot, so it takes a long time to do every small detail on each player. I haven't even worked much on tendencies, since those take way too damn long and really don't affect players that much.

And it's not like I make the player then I'm done. I have to go and re-edit quite a few times when players shoot too much, their shot doesn't look right, etc, and when I simulate games to make sure their stats are accurate overall.

In my next upload I'll include better tendencies, including a few more teams. At the moment I'm working on the Silverstars.

Edited by Poe

I had this lol. You have to delete your user profile because I'm pretty sure it was the Jordan shoes on your profile causing the issue. I deleted my profile so all my Jordan's got deleted and it never froze after that.

I had this lol. You have to delete your user profile because I'm pretty sure it was the Jordan shoes on your profile causing the issue. I deleted my profile so all my Jordan's got deleted and it never froze after that.

Wait, so I can simulate past it, but other game might freeze, but if I delete my profile, it will never freeze?

EDIT:I just tried to enter the game and simulate from there, it still froze. How do i sim without going into the game?

2nd EDIT:I just searched online and I got the answer. You just have to delete your my player while your in it and save it again. It worked!

Edited by Zolor23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzSCshALza8

HOLY ****... I just got my triple-double and I searched for other tri-doubles and I found this guy who is just like me. #99 on The Thunder and a triple-double. 10-11-13, but we still lost, WTF is wrong with my team. A 6"1' guy gets 11 rebs and we lose...

haha good stuff, iv been pretty close once or twice, one game i had 25pts 23 rebounds 7 blocks.

i cant seem to get enough assists points and rebounds i can get but guys either get fouled or miss the shot :angry:

but ill try getting it on a key matchup game that way i get huge points ;)

:blink: did u simulate?

Yeah haha I simulated like more then half of each season, plus I only play on 5 minute quarters. I kept simulating until they traded me to the Lakers. And it worked. :lol:

Now im averaging like 25 ppg, 5.5 apg, 3 rpg, 1 bpg (im a 6'5 PG so blocks come easy)

I got my first triple double a while ago :) I'm a 6'1 PG averging 19 4 9 in his rookie year, it's march and I'm on the Kings and we are barely hanging onto the 8 seed, If I didn't miss like 20 games due to injury we'd probably be a top 4 seed, but I can't wait to play the playoffs.

haha good stuff, iv been pretty close once or twice, one game i had 25pts 23 rebounds 7 blocks.

i cant seem to get enough assists points and rebounds i can get but guys either get fouled or miss the shot :angry:

but ill try getting it on a key matchup game that way i get huge points ;)

WTF? 23 Reb? Damn. Are you like 8 ft?

I got my first triple double a while ago :) I'm a 6'1 PG averging 19 4 9 in his rookie year, it's march and I'm on the Kings and we are barely hanging onto the 8 seed, If I didn't miss like 20 games due to injury we'd probably be a top 4 seed, but I can't wait to play the playoffs.

Yeah, but I'm only 10 gms in. I don

t play that many my player games

WTF? 23 Reb? Damn. Are you like 8 ft?

:lol: nah 7'1 C, i had 10 offensive rebounds that game and funny thing was that it came against the lakers, we still lost however.

[expletive]test thing happened requested a trade from hornets and landed with the suns who traded steve nash for me and i cant get traded anymore because im past the deadline, seriously considering simming but i dont wanna give up all my awards

rookie of the year, 6th man and defensive player

This game is amazing.

Everyone's talking about their players. I've made 3.

My 1st player was an athletic SG 6'4 212, drafted 21st overall. Played for the Thunder, but the only problem is that when you put the difficulty on a higher setting(Hall of Fame), the opponents aren't harder, but your teammates are dumber. So I put it down to Superstar, and we still lose. Requested a trade, went to the Warriors. When I left the Thunder, we were 6-36 :(. And so far I am 67 overall with magazine endorsement. I think I'm averaging 21 points and 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

And I get bored easily sometimes, so I'll make new players. My athletic PG was 6'4 180 drafted 20th. I haven't really played much with him, still in the circuit, probably work with him soon.

And I made an athletic PF 6'9 250 drafted 22nd. I'm only like 8 games in and I already have a Jordan Billboard. And this one is on all-star cause I'm still trying to get used to the harder inside defense. The reason I make athletic players is because you don't need to use points on speed and vertical and stuff. Record is 6-3(I was injured one game). It proves that lower difficulty makes your teammates better.

Edited by sas45champs

Anyone got good sliders for 10 minutes or less that prevents excessive dunking and allows fastbreak scores? I can't seem to get any fastbreak points going because the CPU is so fast at getting back while two of my guys are walking slowly.

Love the realism of this game.

Did an association, and made a bunch of trades to start the season.

Turned a line up of

Nelson

Carter

Richardson

Lewis

Howard

into

Kidd

J.Johnson

Grant Hill

Lee

Howard

Epic realism. It's almost like being a GM in real life. I wonder why the real Magic GM hasn't turned the Magic into an all star team yet.

I'm still working on WNBA teams BTW. So far I've made the Mercury, Storm, Liberty, Dream, Fever, and the Silver Stars. I'll be putting up a download later today

My first uploaded roster currently has 393 downloads and it has the 19th most downloads on 2K Share. My second upload has 810 downloads and it has the 10th most downloads on 2K Share. Hopefully the next one will climb the ladder a bit higher.

Edited by Poe

Just had my craziest game ever in My Players...had to upload pics and a vid to explain it

first, the stats lmao

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/dba43729.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/1f67291e.jpg

and the video

The possession stats with the time left at 28.6, we are down by 1. I push the ball up court and try a high pick and roll, however before I can do that my dribble is disrupted, so I pass to Omri Casspi wide open in the corner, but he doesn't take the shot. I head down and set a pick for him but instead he gives the ball up to me. So I try to up another pick and roll but there is mass confusion in the corner. The clock is running down, the pick and roll is botched. I crossover and do what I can to get up a shot before the shot clock expires....

http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=3054436

We won...:)

Edited by STATCity