The Official NBA 2K11 Thread

MainEv3nt

What do you guys think of my fantasy team in Association mode?

Team: Washington Wizards

Roster:

PG - Gilbert Arenas

SG - Raja Bell

SF - Kevin Durant

PF - Kevin Love

C - Joel Pryzbella

Bench

Jameer Nelson

Wesley Matthews

Andrei Kirilinko

Brandon Bass

Channing Frye

Francisco Garcia

James Jones

Desonga Diop

I think I drafted my team really well, mixing in veterans with a young core of Durant, Love, and Matthews.

Jameer Nelson has disappointed me thus far...he's so damn small...Small PG's suck in this game. You get everything blocked inside.

What do you guys think of my team? Any suggestions for trades?

Lol. I have KD/Love/Pryzbilla on my team as well.

My lineup: Brooks / Afflalo / KD / Love / Camby with Foye / Sefolosha / Brandan Wright (I always get him on my teams) and Pryzbilla.

The game overvalues the rookies a lot though, like 4/5 star players and they keep asking KD for like Favors and one of the teams wanted Love for Ed Davis. I wanted a rookie, too bad I won't get one.

There's this one play called 14post for Love and it's arguably one of the sickest plays in the game. It's like automatic 2 points if you pull off the P&R. I'm loving it, and of course KD is getting his 20+ per game.

I have a huge problem though. I made a PG for the player mode and he got drafted on the Wolves. He's at 22 minutes now, still 8th man (next player has 24, Ridnour the ball hogging [expletive]) but I never get subbed in as PG. I'm ALWAYS playing SG which is frustrating cause I'm [expletive]ing lost on the court everytime, my 3-point [expletive]ing blows so I can't do their gay plays and just camp the 3-point line cause I'll most likely miss. Should I request a trade? Or just keep getting these [expletive]ty results until they name me starter over Flynn. I'm hoping I at least get played at PG over Ridnour in the next game or so or else I'm def outta there. It's so frustrating trying to play without the ball.

Also, how do you defend the alley? Do you jump to deflect the pass?

This is by far the worst of the major sports games. It's almost unbearable to play.

Why? I think overall it's pretty damn good. The online is horrible, outside of that I don't have too many complaints.

JUST HAD THE BEST GAME OF MY CAREER IN THE PLAYOFFS

On the road down 2-0 to the Jazz in the series going to their court my Kings found themselves down 32-51 going into the the third, I had 15 4 4 at the time. After 11 3rd quarter points I was able to help trim the lead to 9. Then in the 4th quarter I took over scoring 22 of my teams 31 points including the game tieing mid range jump shot with 28 seconds left (missed a DEEP three) to win it. I had 48 8 10 going into OT, I scored 10 of my teams 12 points and grabbed 4 rebs in OT to finish with 58 12 10. I also had a crazy block shot on Milsap in which I grabbed the ball right after, ran the break, and tossed a nice oop. :) Let's not forget this game was MUST win and Deron Williams (2 inches taller) was guarding me, and the game is on simulation, BEAST.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Fish7718/ef62d0a7.jpg

:glasses: Kobe

Just finished my first season with the Nets. Had a first round playoff exit thanks to the Bulls.

At the end I had the option to stay with the Nets or go to a few other teams. In the end I picked the Nuggets (they kept Anthony and signed Redd). I'm probably going to try to get traded to the Heat at some point this season. One of the most frustrating things with the Nets was that there wasn't any true "superstar" who could get the ball in close games. The Nuggets have that in Anthony and the Heat have that in their Big 3.

We'll see how it goes. :dribble:

• 1 month later...

Nearing the end of the season with my first season with the Cavaliers, currently sitting at the 8th seed right now with a handful of games to go. Current roster is:

C: Anderson Varejao

PF: Antawn Jamison

SF: Alonzo Gee (beast)

SG: Aaron Afflalo

PG: Mo Williams

Bench:

Boobie Gibson

Kyle Korver

Ekpe Udoh

Chris Andersen

I've been playing quick games still but loving it. Played with OKC against the Hawks a few days back on the day the real teams played. No Durant against no Josh Smith and Westbrook took over with 22 and 9, leading us to a win. :glasses:

i just started a new association mode with the Nets. Pick 'em cause i wanted a challenge and get them to the top.

Did a lot of trades.

PG - B. Jennings

SG - L. Fields

SF - T. Outlaw

PF - Josh Smith

C - J. Noah

Jennings has been killin it the first 3 games, i played 1 and simmed 2. Averaging 23 ppg and 12 assists.

^ That team aint got no D. ^_^

Heres my 2nd season roster, made a few trades and came up with this.

Jameer Nelson

Kobe

Battier

Odom

Yao

Bench : Vujacic, Salmons, A. parker, Ryan Anderson, Gortat

Top 15 or so defense in the league actually (rating wise). My offense is what sucks, I think its ranked around 27th.

i just started a new association mode with the Nets. Pick 'em cause i wanted a challenge and get them to the top.

Did a lot of trades.

PG - B. Jennings

SG - L. Fields

SF - T. Outlaw

PF - Josh Smith

C - J. Noah

Jennings has been killin it the first 3 games, i played 1 and simmed 2. Averaging 23 ppg and 12 assists.

I am surprised the only guy you kept out of the original Nets line-up and is in your starting line-up is Outlaw.

I am guessing you started off with Deron? I like your line-up by the way, but I am not sure whether Landry Fields is any good in 2K. I don't think they reflected him very well in the game.

Started a new franchise mode with my cousins.

C: Andrea Bargnani (cousin #1)

PF: Blake Griffin

SF: Trevor Ariza :glasses:

SG: Ray Allen (cousin #2)

PG: Manu Ginobili (me)

Bench:

Anthony Morrow

Brad Miller

Goran Dragic

Grant Hill

Josh Howard

Got this team to the Finals.