Philadelphia Phillies 2009!!

fly3rs18

The most homeruns by any Met player at Citi Field this year is 5 (Sheffield, Wright, Tatis). Chase Utley has 4. Kind of crazy, considering the Phillies as a team hit horribly there, with the exception of one or two games.

The most homeruns by any Met player at Citi Field this year is 5 (Sheffield, Wright, Tatis). Chase Utley has 4. Kind of crazy, considering the Phillies as a team hit horribly there, with the exception of one or two games.

That's why they call it Utleys corner lol. If Delgado was in the lineup he'd have at least 10 there and Beltran would have more than 5 as well. Reyes might even have more than 5. Wright changed his approach so he doesn't try to hit for power much any more.

I liked him and if I were going I'd cheer for him because when he was healthy he was worth every penny. I think he will get boo'd though especially because he signed with the Phillies.

Yeah I am pretty sure he will get booed heavily. They apparently showed him on the scoreboard in game 1 of the series and everybody booed. I can understand people being upset that he signed with the Phillies, but it's not like he left on bad terms or anything. He said his first choice was to go back to the Mets but they did not want him. He never badmouthed the team or anything.

Yeah I am pretty sure he will get booed heavily. They apparently showed him on the scoreboard in game 1 of the series and everybody booed. I can understand people being upset that he signed with the Phillies, but it's not like he left on bad terms or anything. He said his first choice was to go back to the Mets but they did not want him. He never badmouthed the team or anything.

Hey, I totally agree. I was one of the people who was rallying to get pedro signed back in march.

OH [expletive] BECAUSE PHILLIES ARE RHIANNA AND THE METS ARE CHRIS BROWN

I actually laughed my [expletive] off at that line. :lol:

That was actually pretty funny, but even funnier now a couple months after they made it.

Wow....Eric Bruntlett turns an unassisted triple play to end the game. Crazy [expletive]. And Lidge looked good yet again. He has looked really good for the past 2 weeks despite not always getting the results, but has had [expletive] luck and [expletive] defense behind him. The defense looked like it was going to fail him again today until Bruntlett bailed them out.

Also, Pedro looked really shaky at first and looked like he was going to get rocked, but he settled down and went 6 giving up 4 runs. Probably could have pitched the 7th too but there was no need to push it.

Edited by Phightins09

I still think Pedros done. He was facing one of the worst lineups in baseball today and still got knocked around.

I disagree. I think the emotion of facing his former team got the best of him early on. He was horrible when the Mets went to Fenway for the first time after he signed with him. What I liked was that Pedro got stronger as the game went on, and retired the last 6 guys he faced. He looked his strongest in that sixth inning and probably could have pitched the seventh too. He looked very good in Chicago with the exception of one inning, and he was great in the first three innings against Arizona before the rain delay forced him out of the game. I honestly did not expect much but he has been a pleasant surprise so far.

I know one thing for sure, the Mets absolutely could have used him this year.

Edited by Phightins09

He wouldn't have made a diffrence w/o reyes beltran and delgado

Well I am sure there are lots of people in that organization who would rather trot Pedro out there every fifth day over Ollie Perez, or the revolving door at the 5th starter's spot.

Because in every other ballpark where there is a gap under the padding, there is a ground rule saying to throw your arms up if the ball gets lodged and it's a ground rule double. He should have read up on the Citi Field ground rules I guess.

mets fans suck. the stadium was empty and no one said anything to us (4 of us in phillies shirts) for almost the entire game. we even stood right outside the stadium trying to get comments and that barely worked

That game was a lot of fun. Fish, Citi Field is really nice IMO. I like it a lot more than the new Yankee Stadium. The staff was all very friendly too.

And to Jagmit...I have no idea to be honest. I can make educated guesses but I really have no idea. Lidge has looked decent the past 2 weeks though, but I am still waiting on Hamels to come around.

mets fans suck. the stadium was empty and no one said anything to us (4 of us in phillies shirts) for almost the entire game. we even stood right outside the stadium trying to get comments and that barely worked

Yeah I didn't even get any comments at the end of the game when I started screaming every play.

I think it's pretty funny how we dished out more abuse than we got loooool. The mets fans in the parking lot were taking it on all 4's.