Philadelphia Phillies 2009!!

fly3rs18

on the radio they said that the blue jays offered something, i forget all of the exact players though. it was drabek, donald and 2 others though, but no happ.

and i heard that the blue jays scouts were at carrasco's last start

They are there now, since he is pitching right now. He has gotten rocked so far.

Damn Cardinals look pretty beastly with Holliday in the mix.

A team to watch out for in the NL, they are beating our butts!

They have seven runs with only two hard hit balls all night. Not taking anything away from them, since they are putting the ball in play and getting lucky, but it is just one of those nights for the Phillies.

Edited by Phightins09

Awesome.....Clay Condrey has been placed on the disabled list. Make that three vital pieces to the bullpen placed on the DL in three days. Steven Register has been called up from Lehigh Valley to take his place. He has been getting the job done in AAA, but is nothing spectacular. He is probably the last option out of the bullpen now so it probably isn't a big deal anyway.

In other news, they realized that Andrew Carpenter needs to be in AAA getting starts as opposed to staying up here and getting shelled out of the bullpen. Kyle Kendrick has been called up to take his spot, although he doesn't strike me as the bullpen type either.

If the Blue Jays' asking price for Roy Halladay is J.A. Happ, top pitching prospect Kyle Drabek and high-ceiling outfield prospect Dominic Brown, the Phillies aren't buying.

The Blue Jays formally proposed that package to the Phillies on Thursday, in exchange for the 32-year-old Cy Young award-winner, ESPN's Peter Gammons confirmed Friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4355464&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

so right now the deal isnt looking too good. that is a hell of a lot to give for pretty much a rental player (unless they can get him signed). i dont blame the phils for thinking its too much, but i really dont know any teams that will give more then the phillies are willing to give. the blue jays are gonna have to lower their value or they are gonna be stuck with him

EDIT- didnt see the other thread with this

Edited by fly3rs18

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4355464&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

so right now the deal isnt looking too good. that is a hell of a lot to give for pretty much a rental player (unless they can get him signed). i dont blame the phils for thinking its too much, but i really dont know any teams that will give more then the phillies are willing to give. the blue jays are gonna have to lower their value or they are gonna be stuck with him

The Phillies have some leverage, so I think they are just trying to get the Jays to lower the offer a bit. Since nobody else seems to be even close to meeting their demands, the Phillies realize that they can wait it out a bit and see if the Jays consider taking a little less.

Also, the Jays probably don't care if they hold onto him. His value is at it's all time highest right now, so they'd be better off trading him now for sure, but if they wait til the offseason they will still be able to bring in a nice haul for him. Remember he isn't a free agent until after next season.

That jackass shining the laser into the Cardinals's batters eyes today has managed to yet again get Philadelphia fans onto SportsCenter in a negative light. So congrats, you dumb [expletive]. This gives Philly haters something else to get on us for.

Well you guys have the [expletive]tiest fans in sports, what do you expect?

Hey [expletive], how about we hear some evidence to back this up? And please don't bring some bullcrap from the Vet that happened many years ago up because the Vet isn't running anymore. Philly fans are the most passionate and you got to respect them for that. Every team with a decent following has some idiot that does this from time to time anyway.

Dominic Brown has been promoted to AA.

We are going to have an interesting dilemma on our hands soon as he and Michael Taylor get closer and closer to MLB ready (Taylor is pretty much there already). Obviously the outfield is locked down with Raul Ibanez, Shane Victorino, and Jayson Werth. Perhaps the Phillies will make another run at Roy Halladay or somebody else this offseason using Brown and Taylor as trade bait, or possibly they try to trade Victorino or Werth to make room for Taylor or Brown. Who knows.

Edited by Phightins09

What a gay series. Tomorrow will be the first off day since the All Star break and it could not come at a better time. We need Vic back in a hurry...he was missed badly this weekend.

Some positive notes: Ben Francisco looked pretty good. Also the starting pitching continues to be really good, the two bad innings by Hamels today aside. The bats have been cold, but when you take a 2 city road trip to Chase Field and AT&T Park, I suppose that is bound to happen.

From the time Happ came to bat in the 9th until he struck out Tulowitzki to end it was the loudest I have heard the stadium yet this year (at games I have been to anyway). We have quite the dilemma here, although it certainly is a good one. There was talk of Happ going to the bullpen to make room for Pedro, but I see no way he gets taken out now. But then again, Pedro struck out 11 in 6 innings in his rehab start tonight. Can never have too much pitching I guess, but it will be interesting to see what happens.