Philadelphia Phillies 2009!!

fly3rs18

I am really happy he got picked up by them....he will have a chance to remain in the Major Leagues. If he would have cleared waivers he would have been optioned to the minors....again. He would have kept playing though, which is what makes him so damn cool.

I don't see what the problem is with giving Pedro a shot. I don't think there's anybody else better than him on the market, unless you trade for Halladay, but not gonna get my hopes up. Pedro can fill in for one year, plus he has tons of experience and can give the young guys some tips. I really hope the Phils pick him up, always liked Pedro Martinez.

Me and fly3rs were in my car driving to the bowling alley and had the game on the radio. I debated turning the game off before the 9th. Good thing I didn't. Heard Howard's homer in the car then ran into the bowling alley to see them finish it off. It was pretty cool despite the fact that not many people in the bowling alley seemed to give a [expletive] other than the crazy DJ.

Well, the logic there would be that if Halladay is acquired, Happ would probably be sent to Toronto as part of the deal, so we'd need another stopgap for the back of the rotation (Pedro).

The more and more I think about it, the less I want Halladay though.

Clay Condrey has been activated from the disabled list and to make room for him Tyler Walker has been designated for assignment. Kind of sucks because Walker has been pitching well, but he was the only logical guy to go.

Edited by Phightins09

That was an awesome game last night....fly3rs and I were there. Seriously, couldn't beat it. Great pitchers duel, 13 innings, walk off drama. As good as it gets in my book.

It will take him a couple weeks to get ready. He is has thrown 1 or 2 bullpen sessions already, and a couple simulated games, and he will begin pitching in live games every 5 days with our single-A team on Friday I believe, and when he feels he is ready he will join the MLB team. I am hearing that he is aiming for the first week of August for that to happen.

Edited by Phightins09

And there is a chance Myers is coming back.

I heard he is already throwing and is way ahead of schedule.

Bullpen. No way he gets his arm strong enough to join the rotation...not that he'd be needed there. But if they could get him back and throw him in the back of the bullpen, that would be an awesome addition. I know they have expressed interest in adding another arm to the pen (I've heard Chad Qualls mentioned but he will be way too expensive IMO). I just hope they don't count on getting an effective Myers back and let that alter what they do before the trade deadline. There is no knowing what we'll get out of him coming off that hip injury. If they think they need another reliever they should still try to trade for one, although the bullpen has been dynamite lately anyway.

Chad Durbin and JC Romero placed on the 15 day DL. Andrew Carpenter and Tyler Walker called up from Lehigh Valley. I really have a feeling a trade is coming, because there is absolutely no reason for Carpenter to be called up and placed in the bullpen, and for Escalona or Taschner to stay in AAA when we desperately need another lefty now.

The Blue Jays have asked for Kyle Drabek, JA Happ, and Dominic Brown apparently. If this is true, we better be getting Marco Scutaro and/or Jason Frasor along with Doc.