Philadelphia Flyers 2010-2011

Phightins

This team has 1st/2nd round exit written all over it. Please prove me wrong Flyers. Chances to officially eliminate two inferior teams this past week and ice the conference top seed and failed miserably.

Oh, and Kris Versteeg has been absolutely awful ever since the trade. Can we get that first rounder back? :unsure:

This team has 1st/2nd round exit written all over it. Please prove me wrong Flyers. Chances to officially eliminate two inferior teams this past week and ice the conference top seed and failed miserably.

Oh, and Kris Versteeg has been absolutely awful ever since the trade. Can we get that first rounder back? :unsure:

Didn't you say you loved him a week ago or something?

Well, the (potentially) good news is that the Flyers sucked balls at the end of last regular season too.

Although, I had work today and missed this one. Heard they played well.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/6a00d83451af4b69e2014e8767ec60970d.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/philsphan1210/6a00d83451af4b69e2014e8767ecd8970d.jpg

I think I love him.

I did not see the game because of work so I don't really want to comment, but the result is literally exactly what I figured would happen.

From what I heard, it was a similar game to the Bruins and Canadiens tonight. The Bruins controlled the play in every which way, and nearly doubled the Canadiens shots, but just made two stupid passes in the defensive zone, and that cost them.

The Sabres have a chance to upset the Flyers, but usually the better team will prevail.....

This game is so [expletive]ing annoying. Carcillo has already gotten 2 reputation calls. And Ryan Miller is really good.

The good news is that JvR is a monster. Finally is the legit power forward I hoped for when we drafted him. Total beast tonight and this whole series really.

*Tips hat to Ryan Miller*

The Sabres are dirty as hell.

And the Flyers are saints?

Can't really call another team dirty when you have your fair share of questionable players on your roster.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on specifics, but I did see highlights of Richards throwing an elbow at Kaleta's head (to be fair Kaleta shouldn't have taken a run at him in that situation, but it was still a dirty attempt by Richards) and Timonen sticking Ennis (Gerbe? One of the smaller guys on the Sabres) in the balls weren't exactly clean plays.

Pronger isn't exactly the best role model for clean play, either.

I don't doubt that the Sabres did some questionable things in this game because it is playoff hockey and liberties are taken, but a Flyers fan doesn't have much room to talk about dirty plays unless he calls out his own team for some of the shady shit that they do (not saying you do or don't as I haven't paid enough attention to your posts about specific incidents when it comes to the Flyers).

• Like 1

And the Flyers are saints?

Can't really call another team dirty when you have your fair share of questionable players on your roster.

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on specifics, but I did see highlights of Richards throwing an elbow at Kaleta's head (to be fair Kaleta shouldn't have taken a run at him in that situation, but it was still a dirty attempt by Richards) and Timonen sticking Ennis (Gerbe? One of the smaller guys on the Sabres) in the balls weren't exactly clean plays.

Pronger isn't exactly the best role model for clean play, either.

I don't doubt that the Sabres did some questionable things in this game because it is playoff hockey and liberties are taken, but a Flyers fan doesn't have much room to talk about dirty plays unless he calls out his own team for some of the shady shit that they do (not saying you do or don't as I haven't paid enough attention to your posts about specific incidents when it comes to the Flyers).

Yes, the Flyers have a reputation as the dirtiest team in NHL history. Probably true, but it won't stop me from complaining when I see shit happen like I saw last night. And on a side note, this Flyers team is easily the softest in my lifetime, especially when Pronger and Shelley are not in the lineup. I have seen a lot of teams take liberties against us this year (way more than I have ever seen before). Maybe the dawn of a new era...

And FYI the Richards elbow should have been a 2 minute minor, not a 5 minute major. That was what had me so upset last night. The elbow hit Kaleta's head, so obviously a call had to be made. But it was in self defense because Kaleta charged him. There was no intent to injure (ala the Richards elbow on David Booth). Absolutely not a major.

Edited by Phightins