Philadelphia Flyers 2010-2011

Phightins

Hah, it's doubtful.

As for tonight's game, JVR is a healthy scratch. Wellwood, Nodl, and Zherdev all in the lineup. Hopefully this lights a fire under JVR's [expletive] like it did for Zherdev last week. When Briere gets back tomorrow, this is going to get very interesting.

And a bull[expletive] boarding call gives the Flyers the L. Lucky to get at least a point out of that, though, so I am satisfied. Still frustrating. Officials making their presence known in several games I am emotionally invested in today.

Went to the game tonight...ran into guys after the 2nd period with first row tickets. Said they were leaving, and we could take their seats for the 3rd period. Most unreal experience ever. Plus it was a great game. PLUS the Eagles are killing it. Pretty decent evening.

Loved seeing Powe kick Lapierre's [expletive]. Nothing like overreacting to big, clean hits.

As for the game, I guess a clunker like this was bound to happen, especially on the road in the second half of a back to back.. No shame in getting shut down by Carey Price with as well as he has played tonight. Still some time, but with as well as Price has played I am not particularly optimistic.

I actually am. Is this Versus a Flyers feed? I'm not familiar with the stations.

Versus is the "national" network. These games were on ESPN pre-lockout. Now Versus gets the national telecasts on Monday and Tuesday.

The play by play guy (Joe Beninati) is normally the Washington Capitals play by play guy, but he does the national games for VS as well.

Versus is the "national" network. These games were on ESPN pre-lockout. Now Versus gets the national telecasts on Monday and Tuesday.

The play by play guy (Joe Beninati) is normally the Washington Capitals play by play guy, but he does the national games for VS as well.

They seem pretty pro Flyers and not very educated at that as well. Do you guys have like the Sixers/Flyers/Eagles channels? I noticed a lot of the cities have those and they can be absolutely funny to listen too.

I guess I'm lucky because I only hear the Montreal hate since I mute the french bias.

They seem pretty pro Flyers and not very educated at that as well. Do you guys have like the Sixers/Flyers/Eagles channels? I noticed a lot of the cities have those and they can be absolutely funny to listen too.

I guess I'm lucky because I only hear the Montreal hate since I mute the french bias.

Yeah, when it is a Canadian vs. American team, they tend to be pro-American team, just because that's who the majority of their audience is pulling for. And yes, they are VERY uneducated.

And yeah, we have a local sports network for the Flyers, Sixers, and Phillies. They probably have 65-70 Flyers games every year, with the other 15-17 either being on VS or NBC (NBC has the Sunday afternoon game of the week later on in the season). The worst part is that when a game is selected to be on VS or NBC, there is no local broadcast since the national network has exclusive rights.

As for the Eagles, every game is national TV.