Philadelphia Flyers 2010-2011

Phightins

Can't wait for next Monday's rematch. Got my tickets. Should be fun. Almost everybody on the Flyers seems pissed off at PK Subban, so I am anxious to see how that plays itself out. The guy is really good but he seems like a huge [expletive], or he was last night at least. Running his mouth, mugging guys behind the play/after the whistle. Next Monday should be fun.

Annoying that the Flyers gave the Capitals a point by taking stupid penalties, but fortunately they were able to get the W. It just should have been in regulation. Whatevs.

Also, Andreas Nodl is really good.

Traded Pat Maroon and David Laliberte to Anaheim for Danny Syvret and Rob Bordson.

Interesting move. Maroon was dismissed from the Phantoms a few weeks ago for reasons nobody seems to know, despite being their best player (by a lot). So it's been clear that he was going to be moved. Getting Syvret back is kind of weird since they already have Oskars Bartulis and Matt Walker, two similar guys. Syvret is obviously headed to the Phantoms, but still weird. I thought the excess of 6th/7th-type defensemen was the reason they got rid of Syvret in the first place. And Homer is apparently really high on Bordson.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the first intermission for Lavy's speech. As horrible as they were in the first period, that's how good they were in the second and third. Great win.

National Hockey League: Making up the rulebook on the fly since 2004. Disgraceful. Hopefully the Flyers don't wind up needing that point at the end of the season.

And no, to anybody who wishes to reference the non-existent "Sean Avery rule", you are wrong. This could not be farther from it.

Edited by Phightins

The Devils are such a joke though. The Flyers played their worst game of the season by a lot, literally trying to hand the game to the Devils, and the Devils STILL needed a fluke shootout to win. Embarrassing to play so poorly against this team.

This is the worst 3rd period I have ever seen. And Danny Briere, as skilled as he is, is a [expletive]ing moron.

Also, can anybody on this team win a damn faceoff. Jesus.

There's some speculation that the Flyers are trying to trade Nik Zherdev to clear up the cap space needed to get Michael Leighton back on the roster. It makes sense. Laviolette really does not like him, and I have to think he'd have some value. Talented as [expletive] when he has the puck on his stick in open ice.

Well the good news is Jody Shelley will be suspended, so the Flyers will FINALLY have their best possible lineup on the ice.

The bad news is that his stupidity will probably win the game for the Bruins. Hope McQuaid is alright.

Edited by Phightins