Jay Cutler's injury...

Lkr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEJu5Hq02Ng&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-n_vMlsaQg

Cutler is catching some real heat for this, and deservedly so. He quit no doubt. I mean if you're going to fake an injury because you can handle the pressure of the moment at least do a better job acting like it. We've seen guys go down with real knee injuries before, it's pretty horrific and everybody knows that something happened. With Cutler it was like they started the 3rd quarter and he's on the sidelines (standing up, and walking around btw). Then you hear the announcers say looks like Cutler won't be returning, suffered a knee injury. It's really pathetic. Chicago needs a new quarterback, this guy is a joke.

Jay Cutler has a MCL tear in his left knee, according to beat writer Sean Jensen.

The Bears are apparently still determining the grade of his tear. MCL injuries are not nearly as severe as ACL tears, but can still limit mobility and a quarterback's ability to plant his foot. Still, if the injury does not require surgery, Cutler is going to be even more vilified than he already is. Cutler will be hard-pressed to escape a suddenly "soft" reputation.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3608

I'm told Cutler has an MCL tear, and they are determining grade.

about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

Retweeted by 100+ people

skjensen

Sean Jensen

no reason to not be helping out the team on the sideline

Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help

"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

So much for Jay not helping Hanie. Yet again those basing their opinions on snippets and heresay are shown as off-base!

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6053836

• Like 1

• Owner

My brother went a full week of basketball practice with an MCL tear. Just putting that out there. And he was a freshman in high school.

I just don't think he or any starting quarterback would say, 'hey, it's the second half, this may very well be the biggest game of my life, and the game's still in reach, but it's cool, I'm just gonna sit it out and watch us lose instead.'

Ryan Leaf is one. I'm sure I could name others.

• Like 1

Caleb Hanie: Jay Cutler was a big help

"He helped me out numerous times throughout the game," Hanie said. "When I went in, first of all he came and talked to me and said, 'Hey, trust yourself, trust your reads, use your feet if you have to; don't be afraid to do that. Trust the o-line and you'll be fine.' That calmed me down a little bit.

So much for Jay not helping Hanie. Yet again those basing their opinions on snippets and heresay are shown as off-base!

I don't think Hanie is going to blast Cutler in the media.

Just thought I should bring up the fact that Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL. Cutler is still a [expletive].

Don't backpedal, you just told us that it was obvious he didn't even hurt the knee.

You have no insight into either injury, stop with that nonsense already. People have different pain thresholds, and they have no say over how high theirs is. You have no idea about degree of injury, circumstances... etc etc etc.

Looked to me that Cutler hurt it in the first half, and in that first drive in the second half, he went out and tried it; it was ugly. Seems silly to me that he's generating this much hate.

Just thought I should bring up the fact that Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL. Cutler is still a [expletive].

I believe Philip Rivers sat out the rest of the game when he had a torn acl, against the colts?

With the torn mcl, as a quarterback, If you can't plant on your foot and throw, there is nothing you can do. And a sprain is a tear. Theres just 3 grades, and its being assumed he had a grade 2 sprain(tear). Also worthy to note, Troy Polamalu missed 3-6 weeks with a sprain mcl. The MCL gives you stability in your knee. Has nothing to do with pain. You have little to no physical control of your joint when your ligament gives out like that. Ever been walking and your knee gives out and you almost fall on your face? That's how your knee is full time with MCL damage. You literally CAN'T play! Walk on the sidelines? Yes...Play QB, doubtful

Don't backpedal, you just told us that it was obvious he didn't even hurt the knee.

I honestly don't care at all. Cutler's attitude and disposition have led to his league wide dislike. It's not like everybody is getting on his case just because of how he reacted to this situation. It's been little by little. Just look at his track record, cried his way out of Denver. Chicago sacrificed a lot to acquire him, and then he has the biggest game of his career and he doesn't show up. He let that city down, he showed no heart. And ESPN is reporting the injury as a sprain, other players have sucked it up and played through much worse. (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047)

• Like 1

Good for him but not everyone can play through an injury. I know for a fact that if I had an MCL tear in the middle of a game, there is absolutely no way I'm going back out there. Does that make me a [expletive]?

I honestly don't care at all. Cutler's attitude and disposition have led to his league wide dislike. It's not like everybody is getting on his case just because of how he reacted to this situation. It's been little by little. Just look at his track record, cried his way out of Denver. Chicago sacrificed a lot to acquire him, and then he has the biggest game of his career and he doesn't show up. He let that city down, he showed no heart. And ESPN is reporting the injury as a sprain, other players have sucked it up and played through much worse. (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047)

I was wrong, but I hate Cutler so much that I'll excuse it to be his fault.

So his track record is demanding a trade from Denver and playing a poor half in the NFC Championship game he led them to? Come on, guy.

Read DBF's post about sprained MCL's and get back to me. That little [expletive] Polamalu with NO HEART!

Laughable.