Jay Cutler's injury...

Lkr

I'll eat my crow if an MRI shows something was seriously wrong with his knee. However, what I need to know is:

Why was he just sitting there and not fighting with the coaches/doctors to go back in?

If the pain really was unbearable, why was he not having any treatment on the sidelines or in the locker room? I heard they did somethig at half time, but they weren't going to try harder to get him back in the game?

Why couldn't you see him cheering his teammates on? Every shot of him was reminiscent of LT a few years back just sitting and sulking.

Why wasn't he doing more to help coach Hanie and Collins? Other QBs seem to become assistant coaches when unable to play, but Cuttler was the lone exception on Sunday.

Not looking for accusations of bashing Cutler or Cutler bashing, I just don't understand how you can support him or have faith in him as a leader going forward.

Edited by Lkr

Yeah I was spectacle at first too. But it's hard to criticize a guy's injury from your living room. You would just hope he was doing all he could to get back on the field.

I will say this - I know Brett Favre would've been back out there. And yeah Favre throws picks, and lost some big games the past few years, and is annoying in the sports news blah blah blah, but that guy is a [expletive]ing competitor and I've always had so much respect for Favre for that.

• Like 1

How can you support someone who walks directly past a cancer patient and continues on his way?

My [expletive] you aren't trying to bash Cutler.

What a post. Wouldn't expect anything more from you. Forgot questioning decisions is the same as bashing.

Even if he could have played through the injury, who knows if he would have been able to perform at a high enough level to give the Bears a chance to win? That's what it comes down to.

This isn't just about him playing though. I've moved on from that. I want to know why he wasn't supporting his teammates, especially his backups. He just seemed disinterested after being benched.

:lol: ECN you sir are a clown.

Getting back to topic...Becuse thats who Cutler is, he is not a fighter like Farve, Big Ben and even Rivers. He is a dude out to get his, I just dont see him being a dude will to put his body on the line for the team. Also note he did play the first posession after the half he look ok maybe in some pain, but remember pain can be played through injury cant be.

I thought it was pretty apparent that the knee wasn't that injured. Considering he was standing on it, and not going to locker rooms right away. If Hanie somehow ended up tying, or winning the game I think you would have to consider starting him the rest of the way. It would be huge. I was really just disappointed Cutler sat there, it looked like he knew he wasn't going to win so he quit on himself and the team. Bears seriously need to question the leadership of their quarterback.

Even if the knee was hurting so bad that he couldn't play, he still could have been cheering on his teammates like Lkr said instead of just sitting on the bench with his douche face on. I don't want to question his desire to win because I'm sure any QB who's one win away from the Super Bowl would do anything to win that game obviously. But if I were the Bears, I would consider trading him and signing one of the QBs in FA, someone who would actually care for his teammates and respect the game.

Edited by Prodigy

What the [expletive] do you want the guy to do? Whip out pom pom's and star doing cartwheels and cheers? Grow up Jesus, it's obvious they played better without him so whatever decision was made for whatever reason was the right decision. Until you're put in that situation none of you should judge him.

Tough to really say.

I don't believe the starting QB playing as the 2nd seed with homefield advantage would just quit on his team while only being down by 2 scores. Just because he wasn't screaming at the coach and medical staff, doesn't mean he doesn't want to be back in.

But let's see what the Xrays say, if it comes back negative then he's going to be a dead man walking in Chicago.

What the [expletive] do you want the guy to do? Whip out pom pom's and star doing cartwheels and cheers? Grow up Jesus, it's obvious they played better without him so whatever decision was made for whatever reason was the right decision. Until you're put in that situation none of you should judge him.

Um no, how about just stand up from the bench and try to motivate your teammates?

Even if the knee was hurting so bad that he couldn't play, he still could have been cheering on his teammates like Lkr said instead of just sitting on the bench with his douche face on. I don't want to question his desire to win because I'm sure any QB who's one win away from the Super Bowl would do anything to win that game obviously. But if I were the Bears, I would consider trading him and signing one of the QBs in FA, someone who would actually care for his teammates and respect the game.

Brilliant idea, trade their franchise QB 2 years after trading 2 first rounders and their starting QB because he didn't show enough emotion...

Urlacher and Kreutz were both supporting Cutler vehemently after the game, so he still has the locker room respect.

As far as cheering is concerned, he was smiling and pumped during both of Chicago's scores. The camera zoomed in on his face on both occassions, and he was definitly not "sitting and sulking". It's kind of unfair to question his injury when you don't know anything about it, quit being so judgemental.

• Like 1

First off this is a forum so all we do is judge.

Second of all I think most would have liked him to man up and gut it out. He was good enough to come out for the first possession then why not take another shot at it. There is no way that a second or third string QB is better than the starter even if the starter is banged up a little. I personally think Cutler is [expletive] and did nothing but [expletive] out today.

Yeah I was spectacle at first too. But it's hard to criticize a guy's injury from your living room. You would just hope he was doing all he could to get back on the field.

:confused:

As far as cheering is concerned, he was smiling and pumped during both of Chicago's scores. The camera zoomed in on his face on both occassions, and he was definitly not "sitting and sulking". It's kind of unfair to question his injury when you don't know anything about it, quit being so judgemental.

finally, a voice of reason.

Second of all I think most would have liked him to man up and gut it out.

don't you think Cutler would have wanted that too? it was the [expletive]in NFC title game. I highly, highly doubt the starting quarterback would have willingly sat out the second half of such a monumental game in his career if he wasn't leigtimately hurt. you have no knowledge at all of the severity of the injury. to just sit back on your couch at home and call him a [expletive] when his own teammates where calling him one of the toughest guys they knew - ever after the loss, that just shows your ignorance of the situation.

:confused:

finally, a voice of reason.

don't you think Cutler would have wanted that too? it was the [expletive]in NFC title game. I highly, highly doubt the starting quarterback would have willingly sat out the second half of such a monumental game in his career if he wasn't leigtimately hurt. you have no knowledge at all of the severity of the injury. to just sit back on your couch at home and call him a [expletive] when his own teammates where calling him one of the toughest guys they knew - ever after the loss, that just shows your ignorance of the situation.

They gave him a go in the second half and he chose to sit out he could have man up and said i am going to stay in the game. Did you notice that the three snaps he took no one could tell he was in pain/hurt but when he started to limp off like a [expletive] to the side lines then everyone started to notice it. If he was able to go for the first posession then why not more? The guy just does not have the heart to play the game like others do. He does not have the heart to pain through a bit of pain for the team. To the point that his teammates saying good stuff about him at the end, well what else do you expect? are they suppose to turn up and say the was a [expletive] and pussied out of the game cuz he was a little hurt and the Packers defese was man raping him on the field? No [expletive] they were going to have his back, a little bit of common sense would tell you that.

And as for the point of me sitting on my couch calling him a [expletive] for not playing....sorry man I just happen to call it as i see it. I can name a good number of qb's that would have manned the [expletive] up and got out there for themselves and for their team. Also arent you doing the same exact thing backing him up? the only difference is I happen to disagree.

They gave him a go in the second half and he chose to sit out he could have man up and said i am going to stay in the game. Did you notice that the three snaps he took no one could tell he was in pain/hurt but when he started to limp off like a [expletive] to the side lines then everyone started to notice it. If he was able to go for the first posession then why not more?

why would he have ever played at all in the second half if you don't think he wanted to be out there? why wouldn't he have just sat out the entire half?

The guy just does not have the heart to play the game like others do. He does not have the heart to pain through a bit of pain for the team.

like I said in my last post, I highly doubt he would sit out if he wasn't legitimately hurt. I just don't think he or any starting quarterback would say, 'hey, it's the second half, this may very well be the biggest game of my life, and the game's still in reach, but it's cool, I'm just gonna sit it out and watch us lose instead.' sorry man, I don't believe that for a second.

To the point that his teammates saying good stuff about him at the end, well what else do you expect? are they suppose to turn up and say the was a [expletive] and pussied out of the game cuz he was a little hurt and the Packers defese was man raping him on the field? No [expletive] they were going to have his back, a little bit of common sense would tell you that.

did you even see the Urlacher post-game interview? he was defending Cutler like he was God. you're right, he was probably going to defend Cutler no matter what, but he didn't have to be as adamant about it as he was. I think that shows Urlacher was genuine about what he was saying.

And as for the point of me sitting on my couch calling him a [expletive] for not playing....sorry man I just happen to call it as i see it.

and that's the problem, unfortunately.

I can name a good number of qb's that would have manned the [expletive] up and got out there for themselves and for their team.

but you don't know the severity of the injury, so how could you possibly say other quarterbacks would have gone out there? that's like judging an actor without seeing the movie.

Also arent you doing the same exact thing backing him up? the only difference is I happen to disagree.

I never defended Cutler. I simply made the point of people prejudging him. to say he's a [expletive] for not sustaining an injury when no one even knows the severity of said injury - something's wrong with that picture.

Edited by HOV