Nuggets Reach Tentative Agreement On Carmelo Trade

Celtics3420

The Nets and Nuggets reportedly have reached a tentative agreement on a trade that would send Carmelo Anthony to New Jersey.

The deal is pending Anthony's agreement on a long-term contract extension with the Nets.

The trade would send Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman to New Jersey, with Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round draft picks to Denver.

Denver would then try to unload Murphy's contract on a third team, presumably using one or more of the picks received from New Jersey.

If Anthony turns down the Nets' overtures, the Knicks are expected to be the frontrunners to acquire Anthony before next week's trade deadline.

Reportedly both the Knicks and Nets will hold meetings with Anthony during All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211081/Report_Nets_Nuggets_Reach_Tentative_Agreement_On_Carmelo_Trade#ixzz1EKj8lfV1

via Realgm

If this happens, the biggest joke will be on the Knicks who argue they were giving up too much when they aren't even contenders.

If they want Felton, Chandler, AND Gallinari, 1st rd pick and Curry they can go [expletive] themselves.

• Like 1

you guys act like Curry's expiring is big trade bait, but no one else has even offered anything for him

regardless. im sure hes just in the deal so contracts match up. but still taking 3/5 out of our starting lineup for a great scorer is too much.

this deal is great for denver, power to them, i'd def accept this if i were them

Yeah this isnt going to happen anyway cause

MELO ONLY WANTS TO PLAY IN NEW YORK

Damn how hard is that for people to understand? Hes not going to sign an extension with NJ and never was. Especially after all they are giving up in this deal. This has 0 chance of happening.

Yeah this isnt going to happen anyway cause

MELO ONLY WANTS TO PLAY IN NEW YORK

Damn how hard is that for people to understand? Hes not going to sign an extension with NJ and never was. Especially after all they are giving up in this deal. This has 0 chance of happening.

Lol...good point but still interesting to see how desperate NJ is even though they are raping their future in the deal and the fact that they won't be any good with a melo / lopez combo alone. they'd have no role players / bench at all with this deal and noooo future. they are going to have like a top 10 pick this year most likely.

If this happens, the biggest joke will be on the Knicks who argue they were giving up too much when they aren't even contenders.

Yeah what a joke it would be on us, we'd have 10+ mil to sign a FA in free agency and a future, what do the Nuggets and Nets have? :lol:

Yeah what a joke it would be on us, we'd have 10+ mil to sign a FA in free agency and a future, what do the Nuggets and Nets have? :lol:

And still make the playoffs this year...something we haven't done in like 6 seasons and be over .500 for the first time in a decade...

AT THIS POINT, I'd give up (as Donnie Walsh and the Knicks):

Gallo

Chandler

1st rd pick (involving third team, anthony randolph)

Curry

If the Nuggets wouldn't accept that...then I'd give up. Giving up Fields, and/or felton as well in the ^above deal would just be absurd.

• Like 1

I get the trade isn't so good on the Nets side but how do the Nets not have a future even if they were to trade for him? Not only are we getting a young superstar but we would have plenty of cash for the next big free agent fiasco.

What was the Nuggets record before they drafted Carmelo? 17-65.

What was the Nuggets record the first season with him? 43-39.

I still don't think it'll happen but I heard the exact same thing with Kidd and he took us to two Finals in his first two years when he was traded here.

KBerg_CBS

"I don't know where that came from. There's no meeting that's been set."

KBerg_CBS

"There's some things that I'm still thinking about in the back of my head. I'm ready for this whole thing to be over with."

KBerg_CBS

"I really don't know where that's at. I'm pretty sure the Nuggets are talking with NJ. ... I haven't been presented with any deals from ...

KBerg_CBS

On signing extension with NJ: "that's something I'm going to have to think about, deeply."

KBerg_CBS

"There's a lot of things I have to think about -- what's the future with the Denver Nuggets."

KBerg_CBS

On possibly re-signing with Denver: "I've told you guys this since day one, that's still an option."