Philadelphia Flyers 2011-12

Phightins

Ilya sets the Flyers shutout minutes streak (and breaks his personal record from the playoffs with the Ducks a few years back). It's pretty amazing how great the rest of the team plays when Bryz plays well. Can't wait to see what happens when Meszaros and van Riemsdyk get back. Hopefully everyone can stay healthy at that point.

Possibly the worst period this team has played all season. I don't get why this happens in every afternoon game.

Take this back. The 2nd period today was easily worse.

All is well that ends well, though. It is a weird feeling to win a game thanks to a goalie "stealing" it. Should have been down by 3 or 4 goals by the time the 3rd period began.

Anyway, I was at the game so I can't really comment on a lot of the stuff since I didn't have a good view. Thankfully I still haven't seen a close up of the Rinaldo play.

Meszaros likely done for the season. Means Kubina has to get back really soon. The Lilja/Gustafsson/Bourdon/Manning combinations need to be off the ice as much as possible. It already seems like Timonen is wearing down from getting used too much. So obviously this isn't good.

Infuriating game last night. Outshot them 38-15 and lost. I am pretty sure the Flyers only made 3 glaring mistakes all game, and each one wound up in the net. Just "one of those nights", however in this instance, it is probably going to cost us any chance of home ice in the first round. Hooray for likely being the 3rd best team in the conference and getting rewarded by playing the Penguins in round 1!!!

I think it's something like a 95% chance we play PIT in round 1. Flyers control their own destiny for home ice, though. It was very nice of the Islanders to help us out this week.

http://distilleryimage2.instagram.com/558083a47c2f11e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/551521623.jpg?key=1024768&Expires=1333309825&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=I47XUYIyQfy41K5GbRg3BTJY1d4SuSCVcs8HIGOfktF5BjnZWRSdt5NTajHKch2An2XNvvWU7SV-KBdmfFev8MuawENwMH55NT~zKUOtCCGNMwR8-Ki-6MaUEZ4BX7Z3FsGInETroS8cwRO0NA1HQb07u3zkzaQM6xbUgnJB7iY_

Playoffs need to get here. Now.

:lol:

I've said it for a while now, especially on the "misc", that the Rangers are not good enough to win the Stanley Cup, and will lose to the Capitals if they play them. Laugh all you want now, but you won't be laughing much in a few weeks if the Rangers have to play the Capitals .

A team with a "meh" offense such as the Rangers will struggle in the playoffs. Personally, if there's one team I don't want to play, it's actually the Rangers because they just have the Bruins number, but I don't think they will be able to beat Washington.

Call it whatever you want, but I call it the truth.

the Rangers will lose to the Capitals if they play them

Bet me.

A team with a "meh" offense such as the Rangers will struggle in the playoffs. Personally, if there's one team I don't want to play, it's actually the Rangers because they just have the Bruins number, but I don't think they will be able to beat Washington.

They've scored more than Washington this year (2x "meh" offense matchup?) and have far better (50 goals worth) defense and goaltending. You're entitled to your opinion if you think Washington will edge out the series. I know you like to make your bold predictions and live/die by them.. but "most likely" is just silly.

Bet me.

They've scored more than Washington this year (2x "meh" offense matchup?) and have far better (50 goals worth) defense and goaltending. You're entitled to your opinion if you think Washington will edge out the series. I know you like to make your bold predictions and live/die by them.. but "most likely" is just silly.

I'll make this my last post about the Rangers and Capitals in this thread, as this is meant for the Flyers. The Capitals have had the Rangers number over the years. Yes, this season is different, but they have had their number in recent years, and in the playoffs.

No team since the lock-out has won the Stanley Cup without being top 10 in scoring. There's a first time for everything, but I just don't trust the Rangers offense to be consistent enough. Maybe you believe they will be, but I just don't see it when I watch them play. The Rangers are currently 11th in goals (close enough to top 10), but I really don't see the offense there.

I don't think it's an outrageous prediction to think their offense will let them down, even against Washington. On that note, Ovechkin has been heating up, and is the all-time leader in gpg in playoff history. I just like this match-up IF the Rangers play the Capitals. If the Rangers draw the Sabres, my opinion will change. However, I just like the Capitals in this particular match-up.

If the Rangers were to play the Bruins, I would be pretty nervous as the Rangers seem to play them ever well. However, I just think the Capitals would take out the Rangers.

The Capitals have had the Rangers number over the years. Yes, this season is different, but they have had their number in recent years, and in the playoffs.

Yeah, the 1 seed Caps had the 8 seed Rangers' number last year (Rangers got 1 win and blew 2 OT games).. and the 2 seed Caps had the 7 seed Rangers' number in '08/'09 (when they went 7 games). As you've acknowledged, though, this isn't the same team.. there is no Scott Gomez, Chris Drury, Wade Redden, Michael Roszival, etc etc etc etc.

No team since the lock-out has won the Stanley Cup without being top 10 in scoring. There's a first time for everything, but I just don't trust the Rangers offense to be consistent enough. Maybe you believe they will be, but I just don't see it when I watch them play. The Rangers are currently 11th in goals (close enough to top 10), but I really don't see the offense there.

I'm not saying that the Rangers are winning the cup. I won't make a foolhardy statement like that. Winning the cup and escaping the 8 seed Capitals aren't the same.

I respect your opinion if you think the Caps would edge a series. But saying it's a 'most likely' scenario with an 8 toppling a 1 in the 1st round is something I can't agree with, not when the Capitals have been inferior in every aspect this year.

Sorry for getting OT Chris!

• Like 1