Philadelphia Flyers 2011-12

Phightins

Dude is absolutely filthy this year, but that cross ice pass by Buffalo was just terrible to end the game.

Yep.

BTW, I don't think I have ever had as much confidence in an athlete coming through as I did while Giroux was skating in on Miller in OT last night. Only matched by my confidence in Roy Halladay getting a big strikeout, probably. G is incredible.

This Chris Pronger stuff is pretty serious. Definitely concussion related stuff from that eye injury. Can't help but think of the injury that ended Ian Laperriere's career a few years back. Prongs is getting up there in age, so I really don't think it's premature to wonder if this is the end. Terrible.

Absolutely dreadful news about G. "Out indefinitely" are the two worst words a sports fan can here.

The good news is that Couturier will finally get a chance to play with some real players. The bad news is pretty obvious. Our two best players are injured, and likely will be for a significant time. Interested to see what the lineup looks like tonight. I expect the power play to be horrid without Giroux AND Pronger.

I am dreading the inevitable Holmgren overreaction trade in response to the Pronger news. I am praying that the Flyers just stand pat. A top defenseman to fill Pronger's shoes would obviously be nice, but this team has no assets anywhere other than on the NHL roster. No prospects, very few attractive draft picks. Any trade would have to include guys who are already NHL contributors (i.e. Couturier, Read, Schenn, JvR). No thank you. Please resist the urge, Homer.

Couturier "not making the road trip" according to Holmgren. Down to one natural center, and Schenn and Giroux are not close to returning. Is Max Talbot really going to be centering the Hartnell/Jagr line? Ugh.

Couturier "not making the road trip" according to Holmgren. Down to one natural center, and Schenn and Giroux are not close to returning. Is Max Talbot really going to be centering the Hartnell/Jagr line? Ugh.

I don't mean to make fun of something as serious as the concussion problems the Flyers have, but I couldn't help but laugh at the bolded part.

How bad the the Couturier play look? I was actually hoping to watch that game but completely forgot about it until reading your posts in this thread, although by the sounds of it I didn't really miss much.

I don't mean to make fun of something as serious as the concussion problems the Flyers have, but I couldn't help but laugh at the bolded part.

How bad the the Couturier play look? I was actually hoping to watch that game but completely forgot about it until reading your posts in this thread, although by the sounds of it I didn't really miss much.

Haha yeah, you didn't miss much. Game was over 10 minutes in.

The Couturier play looked awful at first. Slap shot right off his ear/upper neck area. In the minute or two that he was down on the ice, I thought it would look really ugly when he eventually got up. He was actually able to get up and skate off on basically his own power, but he was clearly concussed.

This one is better:

http://i40.tinypic.com/258msuq.jpg

I seriously think that Halladay is part machine. :lol:

Haha, indeed he is. He was out there a few hours after a blizzard last winter also. I'm sure he's a bit annoyed that his field is occupied at the moment.

Flyers are dominating yet losing 2-1 thanks to two very weak goals allowed by Bryz. The Flyers have been losing these kinds of games for my entire time as a fan, thought it might finally end the season after giving a 9 year contract to a goalie. Guess not, although there is still plenty of time here tonight.