Philadelphia Flyers 2011-12

Phightins

Tomorrow will be weird. Playoff preview, but the game means nothing for either team.

Hoping the Flyers rest a bunch of guys. The Penguins have been dirty as hell this week, don't want to risk any injuries. Not just saying this as a dig at PIT, it is a legitimate concern. All of these "accidental" knee-on-knee hits are getting ridiculous.

Hahahaha thank god this game means nothing. Zac Rinaldo given a 5 minute major and game misconduct for....um, well, I am still trying to figure that part out. Not even mad, just laughing.

Totally get why the refs want the Rinaldo types off the ice today, but that was a pretty lame way to do it.

Playoff schedule will be released today. Word is that the first 4 games of Flyers-Pens will be Weds-Fri-Sun-Weds. Extra day off thanks to the Sixers being home next Tuesday. Anyway, this is super...no conflict with the Phillies game I have tickets for on Thurs! :D

I think I am in love with Brayden Schenn.

BTW...lets get it out of the way, I will admit the first Briere goal was way offsides. But I couldn't care less. What a win!

Edited by Phightins

Definitely the right call to pull Bryz for the sake of this game. But assuming this series goes back to Pittsburgh, things will get interesting. Bryz takes shit like this so personally. Although what's the worse that can happen? Can't really be much worse than he's been.

Obviously concerned, but won't be panicking unless we lose tomorrow. If the team that showed up in the third period last night shows up again tomorrow, we are not losing. That team doesn't lose two games in a row, much less four.

Seems like Bryz has no lateral movement. Lots of talk about a nagging hip injury, which he is of course denying. But that would explain a lot. Anyway, not sure what I'd rather have. An injured Bryz with no lateral movement, or a cold Bob, who has played like 5 total periods in the last 2 months. Neither option is very appealing.

Edited by Phightins

Had high expectations for Bryz this series. Looks like we will indeed need to win in spite of him. This game has been total Flyers domination since the first period, will be a shame to put it to waste.

Letting the Gus-Lilja pairing on the ice at the same time as the Briere line doesn't seem like the smartest of ideas. But it seems to be happening quite a bit...

I guess Marty's whining after game 1 paid off for him. Brutal GI on Schenn. I get that it was a makeup call for the Kovy penalty, but ridiculous nonetheless. Not a great night for the stripes so far.

Ballin. This one feels very good.

Very real chance of being the top seed in the East next round. Pretty ridiculous.

Not really. First of all, get past the Devils. Second of all, the Rangers have a better chance of beating Washington than the Flyers have of beating New Jersey.

And that's not really a ridiculous proposition anyway...It's the NHL playoffs. Upsets run rampant, lol.

Edited by JYD

Not really. First of all, get past the Devils. Second of all, the Rangers have a better chance of beating Washington than the Flyers have of beating New Jersey.

And that's not really a ridiculous proposition anyway...It's the NHL playoffs. Upsets run rampant, lol.

That post was from last round, when the Rangers were down 3-2 to the Senators.

Notice the day that post was written.....

And when I wrote it, it wasn't even intended to be a shot at the Rangers. The Bruins were in big trouble also. I was mostly happy/stunned that we'd wind up with home ice in the 2nd round, haha.

Too upset to watch the replay again, but thanks for nothing Lilja. Literally....nothing. I understand that he was hung out to dry on a 2-on-1, but he could not have handled that any more poorly.