The EastCoastNiner Trials

EastCoastNiner

The problem with saying that people should of ignored him, is that they didn't. People claimed to put him on ignore, and vice verse, but there was still interaction going on.

I admitted that he wasn't a bad poster when he wasn't in complete troll mode, and I gave him a chance to cut it out but he didn't. What am I supposed to do when he goes around calling people cunts, and was STILL trolling in the football forums and other threads?

I don't think some ECN time away from the site will be bad for either side. I highly doubt this is a perma-ban, everyone just needs time to clear heads and cool off. The back and forth was becoming an epidemic, and a 5-10 day ban can probably remedy a lot of the problems better than "play nice, boys".

JMO

The problem with saying that people should of ignored him, is that they didn't. People claimed to put him on ignore, and vice verse, but there was still interaction going on.

That isn't his fault, though. The problem should lie with the people who supposedly put him on ignore, only to read and respond to every one of his posts. If they truly wanted to ignore him, they wouldn't respond. It really is as simple as that. I had Poe on my ignore list for a good 3 months and there wasn't a single post of his I responded to during that time. It really isn't that difficult to ignore somebody, if you really wanted to.

I also don't recall him ever saying that he was putting guys like Universe, illwill, iBoldin, etc... on his ignore list, but I don't know for sure if he did.

I'm not trying to change your mind or anything. There is a reason you are an admin here and clearly you know what you are doing as one, just like Brandon knows what he is doing as an owner and guys like Smitty and ABL know what they are doing as moderators. I'm just putting my input out there as I don't feel like it was really justifiable for him to be banned and not guys who do basically the exact same things that he did.

It really doesn't bother me because when I wake up tomorrow I will likely log onto OTR just like I do most days. Him not being here will not change my view of the forum. I just don't feel that he really warranted a ban based on his actions, especially when you consider that there are other posters who act the same way as he does quite often.

Edited by The Great BFT

I'm not against the idea of him coming back, but we can't have people saying they supposedly ignored him, and then still respond to his posts. He also can't go around trolling hardcore like he has been. He has a strong opinion about things, and that's fine, but when he's baiting the hell out of other members and trolling to just get a reaction it's not good. It's not good for the community, and it's not good for our image.

I know it's a two way street, and that other members also troll ECN, but most of it is in direct response to his trolling. To fix this problem, either everyone needs to try to get along, or whoever has a problem with ECN put him on ignore, and IGNORE his posts.

ECN, if you come back you HAVE to tone down the trolling. Serious talk. You bring most of it upon yourself, and I know you can do better than that.

• Owner

Kyle made the appropriate decision. ECN wasn't going to get banned until he started calling Steve a "cheesy kunt" and, to be honest, he's just not worth it. Everyone here knows that the activity means less than the quality of this site, and I would rather us starve and die due to no activity, than to see us turn into a couple of other sites I won't need to name.

If Kyle wants to bring him back in five, so be it. I gave him the keys to do what he wants in this situation, where I knew the reaction would be mixed, and he didn't back away from it.

But, I will say this: if everyone is on board with him coming back, and this shit continues after he returns, I'm banning him for good AND adding back our word censor...so for you who are against what happened, I hope you understand that I'm going to get involved if I have to this second time around, and it's rare that I lift a ban on anyone that is considered a troll, especially when I'm the one making the ban.

• Like 1

The problem with the ignore system is you can still see the retarded topics he made along with every single time he posts in a thread. When he comes back and if that isn't fixed, definately won't be on this site anymore.

It's not even that it angers me just lowers the quality of the board and rarely gets anything going with his made up bullshit just so he can have it that his side "won" the battle. No board is perfect but I'd rather hit up another to get my teams information rather reading about how god awful the Canadians and Packers are for no real reason other than his one sided thinking.

• Like 2

• Owner

Funny thing is, the same thing was said about Diesel...but he made his intentions very clear when he re-registered four times, used three fake Facebook profiles to harass me (and members here), used fake Twitter profiles to harass people and athletes, and then went over to RSZ to troll there (where it's supposedly fun to troll).

Pay attention, people...he wasn't banned for being a pest and being overconfident in his teams, he was banned for his personal attacks. If he really cared about the community (meaning, all of you), he would've changed.

For at least two years now, he has been baiting almost everyone in the football forums. He was doing it during the NBA season as well, about Amare, the Celtics, the Suns, whatever. I turned my head, let him get away with so much, and he started coming to me in PM's, bitching about OTHER MEMBERS, as if he was doing nothing wrong. He mentioned that these other members were on staff, that they deserved to be suspended for the baiting, or at least kicked off the staff.

At that point, I threw my hands in the air, and let it go. I knew this would happen. Four people have come to me in the last month (still have the PM's), asking me to do something about him, because they were sick and tired of talking football in topics he would participate in. Why? Because every quality post made by our members would be ignored, and it was all due to ECN's baiting, drawing people in and dragging our threads off-topic.

I'm not losing quality members all to save a low quality one. If he's so damn intelligent, he should've been smart enough to actually hold his own in a debate, instead of getting rocked constantly, then having to resort to baiting and personal attacks for weeks. Not going to happen here. I lost ALCS because of a couple of guys I refused to get rid of...all they did was destroy our basketball discussion in the same way ECN has done football talk. I'm not going that route again, doesn't matter who approves or disapproves.

Kyle makes the decision to bring him back, because he's the one that handed him the ban. But, again, if he's brought back, I'm going to instruct Kyle to stay completely out of it the next time something happens, and I'm going to handle it myself. Everyone involved will be handed suspensions or bans, and I'll do what's necessary to make sure it'll never happen again, even if that means blocking the entire NFL subforum from other members, or removing it from the site entirely.

Why does this deserve so much attention? He's gone. Maybe they'll let him back. And if they do let him back, having 2 topics and 7 pages (and counting) devoted to him is just gonna inflame his ego to the point no amount of Motrin and narcotic pain-killers will numb the pain.

• Like 1

• Owner

People actually stopped posting because of ECN? Get some thicker skin people. Holy shit.

Yeah, real talk. I remember how bad it was for you when kingfish trash-talked Rasheed, though.

How insightful...this kind of stuff makes me want to leave this place.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/900-rasheed-reaches-deal-with-boston/page__view__findpost__p__10057

Just putting that out there, of course. No big deal.

• Like 2

Why does this deserve so much attention? He's gone. Maybe they'll let him back. And if they do let him back, having 2 topics and 7 pages (and counting) devoted to him is just gonna inflame his ego to the point no amount of Motrin and narcotic pain-killers will numb the pain.

It's not so much that it deserves attention (in some aspects it does), but that I feel like you guys as a community should be able to talk about it. Some people wanted him gone, others didn't, still others were on the fence about it. Having you guys give feedback about the situation is valuable to me.

I'll close it at some point, but I'd rather talk things out before I did.

Yeah, real talk. I remember how bad it was for you when kingfish trash-talked Rasheed, though.

http://www.otrbasket...dpost__p__10057

Just putting that out there, of course. No big deal.

Because honestly, posters like that are so much worse than ECN and the majority of people here would probably agree. At least ECN is capable of a rational discussion.