Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

I'm very confused about this. They draft Americans over talented Quebec players yet are worried about if the coach can speak french. Scotty Bowman seconded the article saying they have the right to want a Quebec coach but there are many ways to incorperate the culture into the team without handicaping the choices.

Only good thing about being so horrible is the WJC. Five players in the tournament with atleast three of them being major impact players.

• 3 weeks later...
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

Reports are that MTL has pulled Cammalleri out of the game, put him in cab to team hotel to await further instructions. Trade is possibility

Jeez. Shit is gettin' real.

Jeez. Shit is gettin' real.

He has been dealt, just don't know where yet.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Mike Cammalleri has been told he's been traded. Doesn't know where yet.

Habs players on the bench are asking Mike Johnson where he got dealt during the Habs/Bos game. :lol:

I wonder if he told Cunnyworth that this was "his last game"?

Where does he end up?

Before we find out, lets take a guess.

Toronto has been rumored to be looking to deal and Burke said yesterday that something is close to happening. He has mentioned about adding size, though, and Cammy doesn't add that.

Philly has been scouting lately, but as far as I know they have only been at Toronto games.

Gillis said that Vancouver was "open for business" but, again, they are looking to add size and bottom 6 players.

Minny? Rangers? Back to LA? Dallas needs PP help and he is excellent on the PP.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking it might be Minny. Just a gut feeling.

Looks like I was wrong about Minny.

All #mnwild players present and accounted for to start 2nd period #cammalleriwatch

Unless he is traded for picks and prospects, of course.

Another team I forgot to mention is the Sharks. Havlat is hurt, Wilson is a silent operator and Cammy is a proven playoff performer who could add a much needed boost to a team who are proven playoff underperformers.

EDIT: And Ron Hextall (Kings assistaint GM) said he has not been dealt to LA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can only imagine what this trade deadline will bring. I don't mind the team as it is but you need to realize who you will sign and who you won't which questions who will be making the moves as PG is likely gone. With Markov and the other vets signed beyond next year, it worries me that we will still manage to be an 8th seed team when we either need to build or trade for a star. Gomez trade doesn't bother me as much as trading for Kaberle as moves like that are pointless with plenty of depth in the AHL which is what we are starting to see with Leblanc and others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...