Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

You never mentioned it. You mentioned something along the lines of "typical Bruins fans whining", and I mentioned how Habs fans were ten times worse whining about the hit..........

I never said Bruins fan but nice try. Honestly just stop. Everyone gets you don't like Montreal fans and the "smurfs" as you like to call them.

You said "Boston Bruins". It goes hand in hand. You can spin it any way you want though. If Carey gets shelled, I'm going to love hearing your excuses.

A fan doing something compared to a player of that team is similar?

:lol:

And I've already stated many times that Montreal isn't going to win. I don't know what excuses I will have for meeting my expectations but you'll turn it on me some how right?

So stuuuuuuuupid.

Secondly, Subban dove, and it was quite obvious. I'm sorry, but there's no way you go down from that, especially when the stick didn't even hit his skates.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4604/16750946.jpg

I love having a huge fan base. Damn you Nets!

What's my excuse tonight? :lol:

My cousins jersey got ruined with shit on the back of it. Classy Bruins fans with some mustard and ketchup combination. Why take it out on a dude who doesn't chirp let alone speak english when it's your team making the results. Blows my mind.

Anyways, I can't say I'm really surprised. I wish I was, but this is all too familiar. Once again, the Bruins outplayed Montreal for the vast majority of the game, but a stupid mistake, terrible call (on Seidenberg), and a piss poor rebound allowed by Thomas cost the Bruins big time.

This game could have been totally different if Krecji buried his shot in front shortly after the Bruins scored to cut the lead to 2-1. A couple posts didn't help either, but the Bruins just need to do more. It's really frustrating to watch.

Price had a pretty good game, especially the save on Lucic. That could have been a game changer, but just like game one, no damn traffic in front of him. Not to mention it seems like Bruins can't get any good shots on net with the Canadiens shot blocking and defensive play.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins went out and won 6-0 on Monday, nor would I be surprised if they lost. They give up the first goal too often. They are too Jekyll and Hyde.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This [expletive]ing sucks. I feel this series can still go either way, but not having won at the Bell Centre in 14 months is a little.....concerning. If the Canadiens were winning with their speed, which they have an advantage in, I would not be as frustrated, but they are winning by other means, and it sucks.

GO BRUINS!

Gainey and Gauthier deserve a huge amount of credit for this team. I can easily say that Bob built a legitmate Stanley Cup contender which unfortunately will never see the full result of and Gauthier has an excellent job filling in the holes that we have came across.

Heck, we are missing two top six forwards (thanks Chara!) and our two top defencemen yet Gauthier is smart enough (or just out of guys) to play Weber as a forward and he scores last night.

Even looking at the Bulldogs who lost most of their players and head coach to the NHL and they manage to sneak into the playoffs and are up 2-0 in the series.

Glad we made a series out of it even if we lose.

Boston "outplayed" Montreal for the second straight game and lost?

:lol:

Maybe "outplayed" is not the correct word, but they definitely controlled the play for the vast majority of the game. However, the few times the Canadiens were in the offensive zone, they scored or made plays happen. I would rather win and not control they play then control the play and lose.

Honestly, do you think the Canadiens outplayed the Bruins and controlled the play? Also, did you feel confident after the Bruins scored to cut the lead to 2-1? They were really controlling everything at that point, but they make it so damn obvious that they are going to pass to the point every damn time, that the Canadiens can block every shot. It seems like the Canadiens skaters are going to have more blocks this series than Price will.

This is a match-up I really wasn't sure about. At first, I really didn't want to play the Canadiens because I had a really bad feeling, but on the other hand, Price was shelled the last two games of the regular season, so I THOUGHT the Bruins could score.

The Bruins NEED to win by three or more goals tomorrow in order to regain confidence from people.

Honestly, do you think the Canadiens outplayed the Bruins and controlled the play? Also, did you feel confident after the Bruins scored to cut the lead to 2-1? They were really controlling everything at that point, but they make it so damn obvious that they are going to pass to the point every damn time, that the Canadiens can block every shot. It seems like the Canadiens skaters are going to have more blocks this series than Price will.

Yes it was a near perfect road game. I don't think you really understand Martins system or who they are actually playing on the ice. 70 minutes of ice time went to rookies and they managed to put the crowd out of it and stayed out of most on ice altercations with the Bruins while blocking a boatload of shots.

Henrik Lundqvist 1-2.

Carey Price 2-1.

Heck of a hockey game. I don't know how you come out so flat in that arena but it really killed us. Didn't see the first Bruins goal but the other two weren't anything special but neither was any of Montreal goals. Thank goodness we can get three days off and regroup.

I honestly don't get why Andrei must play like Kovalev and not just be a beast 24/7 rather than for two minutes a night...if even some days.

Henrik Lundqvist 1-2.

Carey Price 2-1.

Heck of a hockey game. I don't know how you come out so flat in that arena but it really killed us. Didn't see the first Bruins goal but the other two weren't anything special but neither was any of Montreal goals. Thank goodness we can get three days off and regroup.

I honestly don't get why Andrei must play like Kovalev and not just be a beast 24/7 rather than for two minutes a night...if even some days.

Price didn't really have much of a chance on it (although it looked like he came pretty close to making a desperation save). One of the Habs wingers (don't remember who) decided to go off on a change at a pretty dumb time as the puck was in the Habs zone late in a Montreal PP (or just as it was ending) and I think the Bruins might have had possession. Anyways, the winger going off on the change made it so that the Bruins ended up with a mini 2-1with Bergeron and Krejci (who was supposed to be picked up by the winger that changed). The Montreal defender, I think it was Spacek (maybe Hamerlik) played it really poorly as well as Bergeron was at a tough angle so he really should've just took away the pass and forced Bergeron to shoot, but instead he kind of hesitated and got himself caught in between defending the pass and the shot. Bergeron made a great read and fed a cross ice pass to Krejci who put it past a sprawling Price.

This game was basically a complete 180 from the first two (only saw the first period of game 2, but still) as the Bruins looked exactly like the Habs did and vice versa. Montreal was running around completely out of whack and Boston did a great job of taking advantages of the defensive lapses and turnovers, which is exactly how the Habs played in the two previous games. It did open up a bit towards the 2nd period and the first half of the 3rd, but the Bruins got their lead and managed to hold on with sound defensive play and good goaltending when they did have lapses, which is exactly how Montreal won the first two games of the series. Kind of scary how similar this game was to those two.

Thomas looked shaky as hell for the first 50 minutes of the game tonight, but you have to give him credit for bouncing back and coming up with some huge saves in the final 10 minutes to hold onto the win. I can't say that I like his style and he would scare the hell out of me if he were my starting goalie, but he gets the job done and at the end of the day, that is all you can really ask for.

• Like 1

Homer announcers for the win!

Edit: Just have to point out all of the awesome in this since I didn't watch it to the end.

- Announcer says "spectacular miss"

- Announcer says "Ference is gonna rip his head off"

- Announcer says "Greatest dissapointment in NHL history"

- Announcer says "Ference gets the take down, no surprise"

- Announcer says "There was no penalty to be called on this play, that is the amazing thing"

- Announcer says "It must be a home game"

- Announcer says "There was no arm up after the hit"

Never seen so much fail in 1:43 of youtube video.

Edited by Universe

I edited my post about that play because I didn't want Universe to come in here and cry about it and say that it was a clean play, but it was as dirty play.

And Chara's nice stick in the face when Gionta or Pleks wasn't dirty. :lol:

Honestly stop whining ECN and Nomar I'm glad to have you as a Canadiens fan bro!

[expletive] yeah, Gabby's 37 point advantage over Gomez the past two seasons has been hella clutch. Thanks for the warm welcome, can I have like a cheering towel or something?

I like results more than points but that's the good thing about being a Canadiens fan is that you can be pro goon or not pro goon. Anything you can imagine is possible but unfortunately all we get is a pack of Molson Canadian.