Montreal Canadiens thread

Universe

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360366

That's pretty quick to be coming back from a broken neck and a severe concussion..........

The doctors either over-exaggerated the injury or are being stupid and putting Pacioretty's health in jeopardy considering he had a broken neck and a "severe concussion".

Yup either way the Montreal Canadiens organization is doing wrong.

If you noticed in the article who he's skating with and what his return time is too.

By now, the stomach-churning footage of Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens slamming headfirst into a post during an NHL game on March 8 is well-known. The hit, delivered by Zdeno Chara of the Boston Bruins, happened in less than a second, but it took several unnerving minutes for medical personnel and teammates to carry an unconscious Pacioretty off the ice. Doctors later diagnosed him with a concussion and a fractured vertebra, from which he is still recovering. Considering the powerful collision, it’s stunning that the 22-year-old wasn’t hurt worse or even killed, as many fans and players feared that night.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2011/04/01/what-really-happened-to-max/

Paging Dr. Recchi.

Martin gets win number 600 but the last win we will get this year.

If Montreal plays their game and doesn't get sucked into playing Boston's style of hockey, they can definitely win the series against the Bruins, especially if Price plays like he is capable of. Montreal gets into trouble against the Bruins when they stop skating and using their speed advantage, and instead try to match them physically, which they simply can't do. We have seen how effective the Habs have been when they just stuck to their game and didn't get drawn into any of the extra shit that Boston tries to suck you into.

I haven't see a lot of Boston this season outside of Montreal and Leaf games, but they do seem like they can be vulnerable to teams who have good speed and use it effectively. Guys on the Leafs like Grabovski, Kessel and Kulemin all played well against the Bruins this year and it was because of their ability to blow by the bigger Boston team and create open ice and opportunities for themselves and their teammates. Montreal definitely has players that can do this as well and we have seen them do it in 4 out of the 6 games that they played.

Unforunately, in the other 2 games we saw how badly outmatched the Habs are against the Bruins when they get away from that style and Boston is definitely good at sucking you into playing their style of hockey.

Either way, should be a fun series to watch.

If Montreal plays their game and doesn't get sucked into playing Boston's style of hockey, they can definitely win the series against the Bruins, especially if Price plays like he is capable of. Montreal gets into trouble against the Bruins when they stop skating and using their speed advantage, and instead try to match them physically, which they simply can't do. We have seen how effective the Habs have been when they just stuck to their game and didn't get drawn into any of the extra shit that Boston tries to suck you into.

I haven't see a lot of Boston this season outside of Montreal and Leaf games, but they do seem like they can be vulnerable to teams who have good speed and use it effectively. Guys on the Leafs like Grabovski, Kessel and Kulemin all played well against the Bruins this year and it was because of their ability to blow by the bigger Boston team and create open ice and opportunities for themselves and their teammates. Montreal definitely has players that can do this as well and we have seen them do it in 4 out of the 6 games that they played.

Unforunately, in the other 2 games we saw how badly outmatched the Habs are against the Bruins when they get away from that style and Boston is definitely good at sucking you into playing their style of hockey.

Either way, should be a fun series to watch.

It's our defense I'm worried about. A Pyatt or some random dude always finds ways to score but missing Gorges and pretty much the rest of the defense playing on one leg.

I wish I could say they could round up a run like last year but this team is much more AHL based which Guy Boucher has done a fantastic job getting them ready for NHL play.

I feel like the effort from the Bruins was great, and they had open shots, but they also let Carey Price see everything perfectly. I think if the Bruins play like they did last game, with getting traffic in front of Price, it could be a completely different story. Carey Price wasn't really tested last night, but when he had to, he stepped up.

The Bruins missed a couple of golden opportunities, especially Marchand on the doorstep, which probably would have completely turned the game around.

It was two stupid play coming out of the defensive zone and having the Canadiens capitalizing which is all that matters, to win that game. I wasn't really impressed with the Canadiens last night, but they did enough to win and deserve credit.

If the Bruins play the way they can, the SHOULD win this series, but that remains to be seen as they have not won in Montreal in ages.......

I feel like the effort from the Bruins was great, and they had open shots, but they also let Carey Price see everything perfectly. I think if the Bruins play like they did last game, with getting traffic in front of Price, it could be a completely different story. Carey Price wasn't really tested last night, but when he had to, he stepped up.

The Bruins missed a couple of golden opportunities, especially Marchand on the doorstep, which probably would have completely turned the game around.

It was two stupid play coming out of the defensive zone and having the Canadiens capitalizing which is all that matters, to win that game. I wasn't really impressed with the Canadiens last night, but they did enough to win and deserve credit.

If the Bruins play the way they can, the SHOULD win this series, but that remains to be seen as they have not won in Montreal in ages.......

Jacques Martin system at its finest.

PK being classless again! :lol:

My cousin is off to Boston for Game 2. Spent a boatload of money to get the tickets but should be fun even though he doesn't speak english lol.

Too bad that wasn't what was said. :lol: .

First off, Krejci needs to produce this series and not worry about Subban, period.

Secondly, Subban dove, and it was quite obvious. I'm sorry, but there's no way you go down from that, especially when the stick didn't even hit his skates.

He's a an excellent player, but fits in with the typical Montreal Canadien player.......a diver.

Montreal played exactly how Jacques Martin has had every single one of his teams play. Keep everything to the outside/perimeter, clear the front of the nut so your goalie can see everything and force all shots from poor scoring areas. Montreal played a superb defensive game and the few defensive lapses that they did have, Price bailed them out like a star goalie does.

I wasn't really all that impressed with the Bruins. I know they controlled the puck a lot more often than the Habs did and got a lot more shots than they did, but everything they did on offense was on the outside and very few of their shots were actually bonafide scoring opportunities. Just because you get a bunch of shots from the outside and pass the puck along the perimeter for 2 minutes straight doesn't mean you dominated the game.

The Habs defense played a great game yesterday and that was the key to the game. Looking at the stat sheet I'm sure you can make the argument that the Habs were severely outplayed, but from actually watching the game there wasn't really too many times when I thought to myself that the Habs were in some serious trouble.

As far as Krejci, the guy should just shut up and play hockey. Subban dove, big whoop. He isn't the first player that has done it and certainly won't be the last player to do it. Krejci should be more worried about how completely irrelevent his entire line was last night than one play where Subban dove. All three of them looked like complete crap last night, especially Lucic.

Too bad that wasn't what was said. :lol: .

First off, Krejci needs to produce this series and not worry about Subban, period.

Secondly, Subban dove, and it was quite obvious. I'm sorry, but there's no way you go down from that, especially when the stick didn't even hit his skates.

He's a an excellent player, but fits in with the typical Montreal Canadien player.......a diver.

:lol:

And Boston Bruins are whiners. Stereotypes being filled.

Montreal played exactly how Jacques Martin has had every single one of his teams play. Keep everything to the outside/perimeter, clear the front of the nut so your goalie can see everything and force all shots from poor scoring areas. Montreal played a superb defensive game and the few defensive lapses that they did have, Price bailed them out like a star goalie does.

I wasn't really all that impressed with the Bruins. I know they controlled the puck a lot more often than the Habs did and got a lot more shots than they did, but everything they did on offense was on the outside and very few of their shots were actually bonafide scoring opportunities. Just because you get a bunch of shots from the outside and pass the puck along the perimeter for 2 minutes straight doesn't mean you dominated the game.

The Habs defense played a great game yesterday and that was the key to the game. Looking at the stat sheet I'm sure you can make the argument that the Habs were severely outplayed, but from actually watching the game there wasn't really too many times when I thought to myself that the Habs were in some serious trouble.

As far as Krejci, the guy should just shut up and play hockey. Subban dove, big whoop. He isn't the first player that has done it and certainly won't be the last player to do it. Krejci should be more worried about how completely irrelevent his entire line was last night than one play where Subban dove. All three of them looked like complete crap last night, especially Lucic.

If the Bruins play the way they did in game one, but actually execute, the should win this series. The better team will usually prevail in the end, and the Canadiens won't be able to successfully run that system the entire series. If they have any breakdowns, they'll be toast.

Also, Price didn't really bail them out at all. I can't think of one really good save he had. All of the shots were from the perimeter, and he had no traffic in front of him.

Tomorrow will determine the outcome of this series.....

I'm not saying he should have talked about it, but he was asked the question about Subban by a reporter. Most Bruins fans think he should shut up and play, whereas most Habs fans are still crying over Chara's hit.

What does anything about what I wrote have to do with Montreal fans crying over Chara's hit? Honestly biggest fail of a fan ever everytime you post.

What does anything about what I wrote have to do with Montreal fans crying over Chara's hit? Honestly biggest fail of a fan ever everytime you post.

You never mentioned it. You mentioned something along the lines of "typical Bruins fans whining", and I mentioned how Habs fans were ten times worse whining about the hit..........